StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What did you just watch? with mini review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Has that 3 Musketeers movie already been released? I am so out of it. Of course, I haven't been to a movie theater since X-Men: First Class, so mostly I keep up with movies through redbox. Batman: Year One should be waiting for me this weekend, I hope.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep October 21st in the USA (October 13th here in the Netherlands)
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAR OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY
A young Mel Gibson and Sigourney Weaver playing in a movie set in Indonesia. Political turmoil serves as backlot for the stories of a young Australian reporter and the girlfriend of an older British general. Score by Maurice Jarre.
Fair enough.

DE BENDE VAN OSS
Dutch production about the criminal atmosphere in the town Oss in the year 1938. Based on historical facts. It was this standee that was the background of my photo with the newspaper interview Razz
New talent Sylvie Hoeks plays a convincing role portraying a young woman who tries to get away from violence, corruption and prostitution that is ruled by local mob. The harder she tries, the harder she gets caught in the web. Marvelous production design.
Dutch title would translate as: The Gangs of Oss
Nice movie to watch.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Immortals 3D last night. Well if you like great action scenes of slashing and dicing you will like it. The story is just side issue to melt the one action scene to another.

So I liked the action scene but do not go to this movie if you want to be entertained storywise.

Last edited by SiriusCreations on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I won't

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday Dutchbat, girlfriend and I went to the bollywood movie Rockstar.
Nice long and great Rahman score.

Also watch Red Cliff with Dutchbat at home.

Dutchbat will give you the review Wink
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday went to

In Time. It is a nice idea/concept unfortunately storywise it is not well worked out. The presentation (style of the location, editing and Craig Armstrong's music) I was not bored and even a bit entertained. Justin timberlake and Amanda Seyfried's performances are good. Not a must see in theaters.

Johnny English Reborn. Not much to add to Dutchbat's review. I like british humor, so I enjoyed it. Tip: Do not leave the theater before the end credits ended.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BATMAN: YEAR ONE

This weekend the husband and I rented this and I liked it. It is, I think, the best of the DC Animated titles that were directly adapted from comic book stories. (Wonder Woman is still my all-time favorite.) And even though this wasn't my favorite book (and so not my favorite Batman), I found the adaptation really satisfying.

The title should really be Batman: The Jim Gordon Story. Batman is really a supporting character to Gordon, a man so upright he can't even have an affair without doing the right thing. The action takes place over a year, with corruption in Gotham as high and insidious as the plot requires. Simultaneously Gordon and Batman come to town to do right by different means, and naturally they end up allies.

The casting was really good. I didn't notice the score much; let's take that as a compliment and move on. The movie was grown-up without reveling in the "dark" aspects that all the kids are on about these days. If you liked Nolan's films, I really recommend this. Heck, I recommend it OVER those movies, but that's just how I am.
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SiriusCreations wrote:

Dutchbat will give you the review Wink

I do Question Razz

RED CLIFF:
I chose this one to watch because of the fabulous score of Taro Iwashiro.
Not knowing there would be a beautiful asian lady involved, who turned out to be the reason why the Prime Minister of the Northern Empire of China went to war with the Southern Empires. Historic epic movie with beautifully shot action and slashing scenes (John Woo directing).
A movie about strategy too 'cause the knowledge of one person helped to defeat the outnumbering army of the North.
Minor point was that it was sometimes a bit hard to tell which soldiers belonged to what party.
But try to see/hear it if you can.

ROCKSTAR
Last remark certainly goes well for this Bollywood production too. And completely within this style of moviemaking, it's colourful, a bit longlasting but clad with beautiful songs. A.R.Rahman produced an epic soundtrack with, of course, some powerful rocksongs but also a score that intermingles with templemusic and Hindi folksongs.
This rockopera tells the story of a young musician dreaming to be like his idol Jim Morrison. When he discovers that he lacks the tragedy all great popstars have faced he desperately tries a move to the campusbeauty to make her break his heart for inspirational purposes.
However a friendship flourishes but the more popular he gets the more distance is created between the two. The inspiration and the emotional development are interpreted by the songtexts.
Top scenes are the concerts played live with singing double and popular sionger in India Chouhan performing nine Rahman songs.
Big hits already for movie and music alike.

Furthermore I saw today:

MONEYBALL
A Brad Pitt (production and lead role) portraying Billy Beane, a former baseballplayer turned manager who steps off of the paved ways to create a winning combination out of his team. Historic fact about the 20 games-in-a-row wins of the Oakland Athletics. Philip Seymour Hofman doing a good supporting role as reluctant trainer. Besides the baseballgames there's not much action but that makes it more acceptable as a story.
Mychael Danna's score is mainly supportive, but Pitt's daughter in the movie has a nice song adding to the character.

WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?
It wasn´t as bad as I thought it would be. But the minute Hollywood decides to make another story involving sexuality it is going face to face between reality and fake moralism. That´s not good for the picture.
My god, if you need bodydoubles just for two people jumping naked in the harbour (shot from behind!) then don´t make a movie about a couple of
libertines at all!.
You want a twisted storyline still? Well-bodied single reads article that the average of guys to have slept with is 10.5. As she already is at 19 she decides that #20 should be the one she shall marry.

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I went to 2 movies:

Nova Zembla was ok. A very nice production, great scenary and such and a touching moviescore. Only I expected more storywise. Although I think it was still worth to see this movie in 3D on big screen.

Puss In Boots was entertaining. The usual jokes and the animation you can expect from Deamworks. Of course excellent music, that will get my nomination of the 2011 SST Awards
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES

I was only interested in the mermaids, to tell you the truth. But even fast-forwarding through the interminable fight scenes, this movie was a real slog. And the mermaid plot didn't even make sense at the end. I counted 3 funny lines, one for each musical idea in the score. Feh.

SAVED!

This is the story of a girl at a Christian high school who, through a terrible error in judgment, finds herself pregnant. It's sort of a cross between Mean Girls and Juno, with copious references to Jesus thrown in. Actually, I liked it. It's not a perfect movie, but I thought it was funny and I cared about the characters, which is more than I can say for pirates.

HARRY POTTER AND THE REALLY LAST FILM EVER

My mother and I have been Potter fans together. I read her the books aloud while we commuted to work one summer, and we've seen all the movies. This one eluded us in theaters, which is fine, because we really, really regretted losing the time we spent on Part I.

I think my mom put it best. To paraphrase, the Harry Potter movies used to be about magic and fantastic creatures. Now it's just about people dying. I remember how I cheered out loud (in the middle of Bed, Bath and Beyond) while reading the conclusion to the first book. But now, I'm over it. Which is a little sad.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

went to Killer Elite yesterday. Nice action-packed movie. Based on a book by ex-SAS officer Ranulph Fiennes. The author says this is a true story, although it has never been confirmed by the British government. Although the story could be true, for this movie a lot of 'artistic' freedom is used.

If you like action, you will be entertained.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DESCENDENTS

This was much better than I expected. I was impressed with George Clooney's acting for the first time ever. His on-screen daughter, Shailene Woodley, also did a fantastic job. The film showed the mostly white upper crust of Hawaii and their dysfunctional family issues in so-called paradise. One of the reasons that I think the Descendents will do really well in the awards season is that it is an excellent representation of dealing with the end of life and conveys all the anger, grief, love, and acceptance that is part of the process. I couldn't help but be reminded of a similar situation in my own family. Highly recommended.

MARGIN CALL

A very talky drama which maintained the tension despite knowing upfront that the fictional brokerage firm in the film was about to implode. Performances all around were very good - especially liked Paul Bettany as a trader - he had the best lines in the film. Unfortunately, just marred by a poor ending.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVA ZEMBLA

Dutch very first 3D production, co-starring world topmodel Doutzen Kroese, about the failed mission of Willem Barendtsz to find the Northern passage to Asia in 1596. Their stranding and surviving winter on Nova Zembla gave them an heroic status and marked the start of the Dutch Golden Age.
Former soapstar Reinout Oerlemans produced and directed it and there it goes wrong. He misses the experience as director to shoot such a big movie.
Therefore the actors were not sufficiently coached what gave them a meagre character.
Allbeit a nice entertaining movie which triggered an old craven to read more of this part of Dutch history.

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

MR. MAGORIUM'S WONDER EMPORIUM

Nice fantasy movie with a great score by Desplat teaming up with Zigman. It has a classic theme what makes Molly (Nathalie Portman) to discover that to take over the magic toyshop from mr. Magorium (Dustin Hoffman) who decided it is time for him to pass the shop over to Molly.
"Believing in magic and yourself". LOL with the wooden dino playing with a frisbee in the shopwindow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 43 of 66

Jump to: