StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Minot Flood Fight
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the house across the street from me

Commander

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Red roof is our apartment. Thanks to the NDGuard for this photo.

Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 27774

Ghostkeeper is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ghostkeeper's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine how it is to see that video, all the familiar places under water. Some of these pictures are really shocking.
Thanks for keeping us updated, Zgurl. Hoping you're doing ok.
Lieutenant

Member#: 13205

Jim_A is offline View user's profile Send private message Jim_A's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrat's, you now live in a Southern Delta Wetland ! Unbelievable. The Army Corps. of Engineers, or somebody should have seen this coming and done something to stop it.
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ghost - I'm starting to get back into my normal routine..just working out of a new home.

Jim - oh man isn't that the truth? Apparently up in Canada they built two dams to help prevent another flood like the 1969 flood in town. Our city actually gave $55 million to aid in building these two dams and we also built another dam just south of the border to ensure a flood wouldn't happen for at least 100+ years.

May be an extreme situation this year but all three of the dams were held at almost capacity all spring and suddenly 4 inches of rain tripled the amount of water that normally runs through the city in a matter of days.

A lot of people in town are blaming Canada (I'm not one of them as they are also fighting flooding) but they are also blaming the Army corp for not keeping the dams and resevoirs at the levels they were supposed to be kept at. This could have been prevented and they better work their tails off to make sure it never happens again.
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a new website that gave me a clear picutre of our apartment before and after. I'll post more pictures when we can get into the area too. Again, the red roof is our apartment. (Can actually see my car in the before picture!)

Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a short video of our news team marking the new high water mark in town. We marked a utility pole back in 1969 after that flood as a reminder....never thought we'd have to mark a new one.

Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A final update for anyone who still reads this Smile

We moved all of our stuff into Zack's old bedroom at his parents house and said our last goodbyes to our apartment on Saturday. It was kind of a bittersweet weekend. We're obviously very excited to try and move on from the flood and having our own room again is the best way but I'll always miss our little apartment.

Our plan is to stay with the in-laws over the winter and start looking for a home next spring. My brother and sister-in-law also moved in with my parents this past week and will be there for only a few months as my brother's house is almost ready to be re-built! YEA!

I want to take this time to say thank you to everyone who offered support and kind words here, on chat, or on Facebook. It really meant alot to me and helped me get through the most devastating event I've ever had to deal with. I hope I can some day repay all of you.
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that due to global warming, earth gravity and the tidal movements, much of the water is coming into Europe.
Dear member Sylat in Germany is now being the new SST-victim. Although she can swim I think we can all give our support here. Sylat will post photos on this blog as soon as possible Smile

take a look at my collection: My album list
Germany Sylat
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 28238

Sylat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sylat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the condolences.

It's not a big flood or something. Our windows are leaking and the wind pushing the rain through the leaks.
The situation is under control. We dried everything with towels. No photos, I'm sorry.

But perhaps there are other SST members in Germany, where the damage by the storm are much worse?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: