StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

krakow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I found last week news that Howard Shore, Tan Dun, Abel Korzeniowski, Joe Hisaishi, Shigeru Umebayashi and Diego Navarro have all supported FMF and expressed concern or disapproval for the idea of cancellation of FMF.

I also found Dutchbat's comment under the article! Our Ambassador is the man! *waves musketeer hat*

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Poland DallasTreado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 30449

DallasTreado is offline View user's profile Send private message DallasTreado's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Here is another story in support of the festival (in Polish, only)...
http://goo.gl/uZ53O

What is interesting is that it contains a run-down of the costs of last year's festival.

I summarise:

Last year’s FMF cost a total of 3.5 million PLN (about 818 thousand EUR or just over 1 million USD at today’s exchange rates; last year’s rates were lower, so the costs would have been higher expressed in EUR and USD). FMF received a grant from the EU in the amount of 1 million PLN, sponsors contributed about 300 thousand PLN, and RMF (a radio station, among others, that has a classical music station that plays a lot of film music; but those of you that have attended the FMF know this I am sure) contributed 2 million in kind (advertising). Ticket sales brought in 450 thousand PLN (for comparison 300-350 thousand from the 2009 edition of the FMF). Thus, the real cost to the city of Krakow was about 1.5 million PLN.

This year, the KBF (Krakow Festival Office) is trying to get a grant of 1 million PLN from the EU (no news yet if it will happen). Talks are ongoing with sponsors, who have declared support of 500 thousand PLN. Assuming ticket sales of 400 thousand PLN to close out the revenues side. The FMF has already assumed savings this year compared to last (I guess Joe H. was expensive? Or more likely, they are planning fewer days for the festival), so it is supposed to cost 2.5 million PLN – 584 thousand EUR.

So, if the FMF gets a grant from the EU, it is only missing 600 thousand PLN in order to be organized … That is peanuts. I don’t understand what the whole fuss is about. Something tells me the festival will be on this year.

Also interesting, is they said that Nancy Knutsen (introduced as John Williams's assistant and friend) has attended past FMFs and she said that John will open his can of whoop-arse if the festival doesnt happen this year (OK, I made that up). But she definitely came out in support of the FMF.

They also said that Abel Korzeniowski is expected to appear. He is like an old friend of SST it seems ....
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Good old Nancy
And as you can read in our world tour forum it was already mentioned that Abel Korzeniowski would come (Krakow was his place of birth). Plan was to have his new score for the classic "Metropolis" screened and played live.

Thanks for sharing DallasTreado
As some of you would have noticed via FB I have
written a letter of protest to the City Council of Krakow explaining the importance and uniqueness of the FMF. You never know if this will have any inpact but all bits and pieces will add to it.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Poland Tonks
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15754

Tonks is offline View user's profile Send private message View Tonks's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Look! In heading 1177, Bartosz Chajdecki signed the petition and commented! Shocked Very Happy Cool
http://www.petycje.pl/petycjePodpisyLista.php?petycjeid=8311&podpis_rodzaj=1
Commented:"The value of this festival for the city and its promotion in the country and the world is in my opinion, absolutely evident"

I really hope that this petition will work...
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some slightlly possitive news is sipping through from Krakow.
Although nothing is definite yet there were talks with a sponsoring company to have at least one concert organised.
As soon as I know more I let you know.

Czech Republic pointfrost
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 25992

pointfrost is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website pointfrost's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:46 pm   Post subject: FMF Krakow Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I hoped that I will find some informations about ticket ordering and now I read that FMF will not take place this year ? That is very bad joke Sad
I am incredibly excited about coming this year too ! Smile
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey pointfrost! I think we still should have a good hope that we will meet in Kraków this year. Great to see you at SST again.

Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the petition in different languages:

http://fmf.passionart.org.pl/index,en.html
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There were two decisions made about Kraków 2012 city budget during the session of City Council yesterday. I haven't found what exactly they did decide, yet (I'm not even sure if it was festival related at all), but will let you know as soon as I find more news on that.

EDIT: Yeah! Changes to the budget were related to festivals!
KBF's budget has been boosted by 3,5 million PLN. KBF's boss says "nearly all" festivals planned for 2012 will be organized. In another press article they say there is a "light at the end of the tunnel" for Film Music Festival, since some more support from regional sources is also expected for FMF.

That's good news for sure, but still costs of all festivals will be reduced (up to 30%). Izabela Helbin from KBF promises that artistic value (level) will not decrease, though.

Two articles in Polish I used as my source:
http://www.infokrakow24.pl/krakow-znalazl-dodatkowe-35-mln-zlotych-na-organizacje-prestizowych-festiwali/
http://www.dziennikpolski24.pl/pl/aktualnosci/kultura/1207624-kultura-ma-5-5-mln-zl-wiecej.html

Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

$#&@ yeah!
Italy Xalira
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 25119

Xalira is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Xalira's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, thanks mol! Smile
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news. Pity they probably could make some damage to festival image already. But I suppose that's what you get when politics (local politics in this case) show up in the background.

But I still believe we all will meet in Kraków and that is what maters most! Yeah!

Poland joshrob
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 30501

joshrob is offline View user's profile Send private message joshrob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I've found another atricle regarding KBF's budget boost. (http://cjg.gazeta.pl/CJG_Krakow/1,104365,11112665,Radni_oddali_5_5_mln_zl__Czesc_festiwali_uratowana.html?bo=1) From all of the money KBF has got only 2mln will go for festival grants. The article however says explicitly that FMF's future is still uncertain as the board of the voivodship still has not decided whether FMF will get a grant from them too :/
Poland Tonks
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15754

Tonks is offline View user's profile Send private message View Tonks's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anything known of the organizers of the FMF in Krakow?
Is Dutchbat or someone in contact with Robert Piaskowski?
Last year at this time we already knew the program.
No program - bad news ...
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm in direct contact with Robert and Agata from KBF concerning the festival.
As soon as anything is definitive a program will be announced and I'll forward it here asap.
As Mol already mentioned damage will be done to the image of the festival but I assured that SST will be standing firm in our support of FMF in any form.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: