StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

AMENDING THE 60 MINUTE RULE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
gbjay
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 4283

gbjay is offline View user's profile Send private message gbjay's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:28 pm   Post subject: AMENDING THE 60 MINUTE RULE! Reply with quote

Razz As a new member, I understand the reason (or some) for 1 request per person in this tenure--given the desire to allow new members to be able to make requests and actually hear them in a short period of time. However, there have been days that I have been listening where there has not been many thousands of people signed-on.

During those periods when there have been 1, 2, or 3 requests listed in an hour or more, it should be possible to place additional requests.

Please have your team of programmers research and explore a way to implement such as benefit.

Thank all of you for providing the technical and physical knowledge and efforts to create a great resource! Very Happy

GBJ Cool
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

May I recommend the FAQs. It explains very well why SST uses the 1/60 rule.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:58 pm   Post subject: Re: AMENDING THE 60 MINUTE RULE! Reply with quote

gbjay wrote:
team of programmers

Thanks!!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:

From the FAQs: "There are fewer listeners on weekends and late nights U.S. time so the allowable requests may increase or the time frame between requests allowed may decrease during this time."

I remember a time (this year sometime) when the allowable requests became 1/30 Mns between 11pm and 2pm (PST). How come that doesn't happen anymore? Even though the listener count may be over 100, but that's probably just due to the fact that people leave SST running all night and do not actually LISTEN to SST. Why not make make the request limit lower than 1/60 (at least for the time period between 12-3am PST). Yes, No?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a 'no' prolly. The queue will be too long then.

I remember a time I got do 5 requests in an hour. You don't see me complain do you? ;-)
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, even at that time of the day? Yeah, I guess you're right...I gotta quit complaining.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

robert_locksley wrote:
Caliburn wrote:

From the FAQs: "There are fewer listeners on weekends and late nights U.S. time so the allowable requests may increase or the time frame between requests allowed may decrease during this time."

For someone who's bold enough to quote the faq's I find it ironic that you missed the large portion in the newbie faq where I discuss that the requests are changed manually.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7155

CaptainAdam is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website CaptainAdam's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay cocles, i read the requesting part of your FAQ too...
Nobody is talking about unlimited requests, that is stupid...
But at the time i am writing this reply, the queue list contains one (randomly selected i believe) or max three (rarely) requests, and the request frame is 1/30... I would vote for a bottom end of 1/10 or 1/15 mins request timeframe (doesn't matter automatic or manual)...Might make the queue list lenght more constant.
Oh i know, most of you living in the US are asleep during such periods.

Okay there it is,i was bold enough to say all that,now lemme have it...

Adam

Ps.:
"direct requesting is not permitted"
We are getting this error message when trying to request now. But requesting is not disabled, and there is no scheduled program for today. Ideas?
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 603

Nr2000 is offline View user's profile Send private message Nr2000's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

COCLES' REALLY MEAN AND CONDESCENDING FAQ FOR SST NEWBIES! - SECOND EDITION wrote:
Q: Hey I've got a cool idea! Why don't you make the number of requests dynamic!?
A: First of all, no you don't. The old timers thought this up ages ago and we just recently had someone program it for us from scratch. Click on "Requests" in the top left corner and you'll see how it works. (Note: Sometimes, however, this script gives us trouble. When that happens we admins change it manually for you undeserving lollypops.)

JERIC wrote:
I saw some talk about requests in the chat. Get used to looking at 1/60 until we build a new script.

Dynamic Request Time is BROKEN

The dynamic request script is down for the moment, so they change it manually at the time. They normally set it to 1/60 in the weekdays, and 1/30 in the weekends.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

CaptainAdam is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website CaptainAdam's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just suggesting to set the bottom limit to 1/10 or 1/15 in the new script...
And right i see there is already an option for that, so everything is fine. The script is down thats why it is still 1/30.
Now i'm happier,knowing that in the future it will work fine thanks to Jeric. Thanks! Very Happy

Adam
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest reading the whole faq instead of just scanning parts of it?

CaptainAdam wrote:

"direct requesting is not permitted"
We are getting this error message when trying to request now. But requesting is not disabled, and there is no scheduled program for today. Ideas?

That's right. Sensei programmed this setting yesterday.

My advice:

Stop trying to make direct requests (bookmarking the direct URL, etc.). Instead, do it through the playlist/requests page like you're supposed to. Wink
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that, it didnt work, it was just a little glitch due to the modifictaion (i talked to Sensei), it works fine now, no probs.

Adam
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: