StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What book are you reading right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BQ, I don't know that I'd get my hopes up for Mockingjay. I finished it a little while ago, and I think I was just reading to get it over with.

Yesterday was Free Comic Book Day, so I have lots to read, both free and not. I planned to wait for the trades on Wonder Woman, but I was weak, so I picked up #7 and #8. I mean, how could I resist this cover?

I'm really enjoying this series, and I recommend it. The first trade volume is coming out at the end of this month, I think, so support your local comic shop, or just buy it from Amazon, I guess.

I'm also reading Saga, by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples, and I picked up the next issue of that, too.
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Started the first book in the 50 Shades of Grey series. LOL may not be full of substance but it's all just good fun! Wink
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading A Princess of Mars and Vladimir Propp's Morphology of the Folktale.

I think I may go buy the first hardcover volume of New 52 Wonder Woman, as a belated Mother's Day gift to myself. Already read it in comic book form.
France anya
Commander
Commander

Member#: 13601

anya is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View anya's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I've finished the Hunger Games trology (which I truly enjoyed!) I read:

Extension du domaine de la lutte by Michel Houelebecq
It's a bit too pretentious for my taste, but I wanted to try this author as I heard it was the same kind as Bret Easton Ellis. And it is a bit like that (same reflections about people and society) but no seen in the very same way and not enough complete.

A study in scarlet by Conan Doyle (first Sherlock Holmes adventure)
Well, I love Sherlock Holmes, it's just so much fun!

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
I'm reading it again but in english this time ^^ I love this book and BEE's work in general. I think I won't resist to read again Glamorama after this one.
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain. I enjoyed reading some of the historical details of how extroversion came to be prized in the U.S. Wasn't too keen on Cain's stereotyping of Asian Americans based on one city and school system, and I'll bet the Harvard Business School grads weren't too happy with her broad generalizations either.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I still have to finish my Spanish languaged Zafon-novel, I couldn't resist to buy the
new translation of Russian Master Gogol's
Stories and Peterburger Tales.

It's a translation of all his novelles and stories with great regard on his Ukrainian heritage by using instead of Dutch, Flemish and Dutch dialect where there were Ukrainian words in the original text. This makes it much more genuine than the regular translations.
This book also contains the story of Taras Bulba, which is being made into a classic movie and which score I am glad to have in my collection Smile

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got Just Love: A Framework for Christian Sexual Ethics, by Margaret Farley, from the library. The Vatican has officially criticized the book, which of course means that I must read it. So far, a general history, which is as enlightening as it is tough to follow. It's not that it's badly written, it's just there's so much to learn.
Commander
Commander

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting LadyI! My brother got a book for me called "The Bad Popes" this past weekend and it looks pretty good too.

I'm actually reading "The Golden Lily" by Richelle Mead. It's the second book in a spin off series of a series I read a few years ago. It's more for young adults but Mead is a great author so I really enjoy it!
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and I are working on a reading challenge from our public library: one book by one author for every letter of the alphabet. We've got 13 so far, in no particular order, but right now, I'm working on B. So I'm reading Gods of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I'm finding it a lot more engaging than A Princess of Mars, though I am a little tired of breathless adventure. Could it slow down for maybe a second? I do find John Carter's sexism amusing.
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
My family and I are working on a reading challenge from our public library: one book by one author for every letter of the alphabet.

That's a pretty cool challenge! I might have to do that Smile
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I finished the book, and all I can say is A CLIFF-HANGER? Are you freakin' kidding me?!

Whatever. Scratch B off the list. 12 more letters to go.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished Elidor, by Alan Garner. I list it here because I'm going to have to read it again. I'm not sure I get it. I found the ending unsatisfying and rushed. I'm not alone, but the book is so short another read might help me see if it really is over too quickly or if I'm just... I dunno.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished "In One Person" by John Irving. I have never read any of his other books including "The World According to Garp", but now I have "A Prayer for Owen Meany" sitting on my desk to read (The bookstore lady GAVE it to me, thanks independent bookstore lady!).

I really enjoyed "In One Person". The narrator explains his struggle with sexual identification growing up and as a bisexual man. There are no explicit sex scenes. It is about family, friendship, and loves experienced and lost. It is humorous in some parts and very sad when describing the AIDS epidemic of the 80s. I am going to read this book again in the next couple of months. It is about family, friendship, and loves experienced and lost.

BQ
Ensign

Member#: 18694

Calaador is offline View user's profile Send private message View Calaador's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in holidays and have found time to read one of my fav book-series again...

Now i'm reading this book:

All the Weyrs of Pern

http://www.amazon.com/All-Weyrs-Pern-Dragonriders-Series/dp/0345368932/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343146332&sr=8-2&keywords=pern

Its one of the wonderfull books from the Pern-series
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read A Contract with God and Other Tenement Stories yesterday. It's by Will Eisner (that's E off my list), the cartoonist who created The Spirit. A Contract with God is in many ways a beautiful book, but I don't recommend anything but the first of the four stories in the volume. That one is merely sad. The others are depressing to disturbing. I won't be disappointed to return the volume to the library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 42 of 54

Jump to: