StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

PR: FIMUCITÉ faces its final stage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:53 am   Post subject: PR: FIMUCITÉ faces its final stage Reply with quote

FIMUCITÉ faces its final stage with James Newton Howard and Alberto Iglesias in its first great symphonic concert

The Tenerife Symphony Orchestra (OST), which will be conducted by the conductor and orchestrator Pete Anthony, will perform, at 21:00, at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martín”, the most selected works from the awarded author of "The Village", "The Sixth Sense", "Unbreakable" or “Atlantis”

The VI Tenerife International Film Music Festival (FIMUCITÉ), sponsored by Cabildo Insular de Tenerife, Canary Islands Government and Santa Cruz and Arona City Councils, will face on July 13 the first of the two great symphonic concerts of its 6th edition. In this concert, the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra (OST), under the baton of the famous conductor and orchestrator Pete Anthony, and the Tenerife Film Choir, directed by Cristina Farrais, will perform the works of one of the greatest composers in contemporary Hollywood: James Newton Howard. It will be at 21:00, at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martín”.

The evening will have, without any doubt, an exceptional prologue: the presentation ceremony of the Spanish Film Music Critics Awards, which has recognized the work of the most international Spanish composer, Alberto Iglesias, regular collaborator with Almodóvar, and ten Goya Awards winner. This tribute will be ratified, before Newton Howard's repertoire, with the performing of the “Suite” of one of his most known works, “Volver”, conducted, this time, by the composer and director of FIMUCITÉ, Diego Navarro.

In James Newton Howard's repertoire, the Orchestra will offer an incomparable enjoyment for the whole family, with the performances of so applauded works by the adult audience such as the ones he has composed for M. Night Shyamalan's films ("The Sixth Sense", "Unbreakable", "The Village" or “Signs”) or so well known by the children such as Disney's “Dinosaur”, “Atlantis” or “Treasure Planet”.

Some of the most recent film successes such as “King Kong” or “The Dark Knight”, or the world première of “The Hunger Games” will complete FIMUCITÉ's evening program, before the Closing Night Gala on Saturday, where the Festival will confirm its commitment with the leit-motiv of this edition, the celebration, only in Tenerife, of the centennial of the legendary studios Universal Pictures.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SSTers have been there!

Good concert. For me a chance to listen to El Caballero Oscuro, err, I mean The Dark Knight piece played by orchestra without electronics was especially interesting. And they performed it very well. I really enjoyed it. Also a track from Darfur composed by our conductor for that night - Pete Anthony - stood out for me. Maybe because I love duduk or maybe because I enjoyed how choir added to it but maybe just because it was really great piece I haven't heard before.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: