StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Thank you SST
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada ViolaLover
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12106

ViolaLover is offline View user's profile Send private message View ViolaLover's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again I am overwhelmed by SST and the people here. Thank you so much for your lovely words, well wishes, and warm thoughts. To those that shared your experiences and opened up painful memories, I can only thank you. All your encouragement means the world.

My most sincere and heartfelt thanks.
Lieutenant

Member#: 32214

SilverRaindrops is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View SilverRaindrops's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Viola,

the same thing has happened to me (that is why you hadn't seen me for so long), but I felt the warmth of people on here too.

I hope it will continue to help you through bad days that crop up now and then, as it is important to know that you have something to look forward to.

And, because it is also important to feel a little bit important yourself, you make the chat brighter when you're on here as well Smile.

*hugs*
Silver (Anne)
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Viola, I truly appreciate
your kind words and believe
you are right in citing this most
singular site. Over the years,
I have made so many friends
and these are real friends and
heartfelt sentiments and you
are one of these friends. It
was such the pleasure to be
with you, in NYC.

http://is.gd/ZiSUSq

That was a special, special
time and you contributed
so much to all of our exper-
iences. This: I am sure every-
one who was there, will agree.

You are so sweet and enriching
and I am so glad that you are
now a part of our lives.

Love,

P
good as good. Herein lies evil.
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it took a lot of courage to come on and let everyone in on such a private battle you're currently fighting. However, I do feel the best way to start moving forward is to admit that you're struggling and to open yourself up to the flow of kindness, love and support that we can all offer you.

I've brought it up a few times in chat but I was diagnosed with PTSD and mild anxiety/depression this spring and it has been one hell of a roller coaster so far. I may not chat much but I lurk every single day and just watching all of you converse helps brighten my day Smile

Also meeting everyone that I did in LA last month has been my most treasured vacation and memory in the past 3+ years. Pete said it perfectly, "I have made so many friends and these are REAL friends."

You've definitely made an impact in my life along with many many more people I see in chat or requesting daily. I feel a special connection with everyone involved with SST because you're right - it is rare to find such an accepting community that strives to stay positive, happy and uplifting. Definitely a nice change when the world surrounding us tends to be more negative.

Anyways, I too wanted to offer an ear or a shoulder to lean on if you ever need one Smile We're all here for you. Love ya! *HGUS!!*

-Jess
Lieutenant Commander

ViolaLover is offline View user's profile Send private message View ViolaLover's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete and Z, you are both too kind.

Z, I think I might remember that? Anyway, thank you for sharing your pain as well. I know it's not easy talking about these things, and bringing up old memories. That's part of the reason I bottled everything in, was the guilt. I thought, what's so bad about my life right now? What do I have to be depressed about? Other people have such serious issues and stresses in their lives. Z, I don't want to post here publicly, but I think I remember part of what caused the PTSD. (And I'm so sorry you've had to go through it...better things are on the horizon though!)

I think finally saying this out loud will be good for me, I denied it and hid it for so long, but I think finally my body has had enough. SST has definitely stayed with me through some rough times, even if I wasn't chatting or requesting. Like you said Z, even watching chat sometimes was a bright spot in my day, even if I didn't participate.

Meeting everyone has helped me tremendously as well. I'm normally reserved when it comes to meeting people, but getting out there and experiencing meeting people that I've "known" for years for the first time was really something to be treasured.

Thank you all!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 27774

Ghostkeeper is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ghostkeeper's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You are also a big contributor to the great friendlyness of SST's community Viola!

I hope you'll recover quickly and have minimal relapses. Know that many people would like to help in any way they can, even through the limited medium of the internet. We love ya!
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Vi, it sounds like you need a hug! You're definitely not alone in your depression since I think many folks on SST have struggled with it from time to time. If you ever want to chat about what's bothering you, I'm willing to support you - just PM me and we can even talk offline. I was really impressed when I met you in LA - you're such a lovely person, very musically knowledgeable, with a wry sense of humor. Hope we can meet up again in the future!
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Vi, this might be a reason I would give a hug in real life. Laughing

I'm not going to add my issues here; I don't know how to write it without sounding like I'm trying to compete for who has it worse. I know how all that mess feels, though. Being upset, especially when you can't always discern why, bites. It has to get better eventually!

And of course, you know I'm always available via PM/Facebook.
Canada ViolaLover
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwwh thanks Gert! That's OK though, I'll be perfectly content with a Gert hi-5.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
Cadet 1

Member#: 33421

Druidessa is offline View user's profile Send private message View Druidessa's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Viola!

Greetings from Argentina! I´m so glad we are all part of this community that I discovered just a few months ago... It´s absolutely true that internet, social networks specially, are plenty of "trolls" and haters these days and I feel so lucky I found you and the rest of the SST members; you have created such a special place!! It´s great that our love for music can help us to overcome our problems and that also proves sometimes simple things are enough to get us a clearer path in life. You probably noticed I´m not an usual chatter (little bit shy I admit) but let me tell you I´M HERE so feel free to PM me Wink
USA AveD
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 24386

AveD is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View AveD's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To my dear young friend Hilary,

I'm sorry to be late in replying to your topic - I don't usually read the forums regularly.

I just want to express my love & gratitude to you. First, love & understanding of what you're going through. If my daughter hadn't led me to SST a few years ago, I would have continued to feel lost & isolated with my own disturbing personal issues to this day. But SST has helped me so much - by hearing film music, a genre that I have loved since I was a teenager, AND by meeting such wonderfully warm people who are so kind and supportive to each other - an online family of friends.

I feel so blessed to have met you in person and to have shared such a fabulous time at the ECG last April in NYC. You know how grateful I am for your help there too. You are so sweet & thoughtful & I am so lucky to know you!

If you feel you need to talk about anything, send me a PM, an email, or contact me through G-chat.

[[[Hugs!]]] Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: