StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

6th European Gathering Film Music Festival, Kraków Sep 26-29
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:27 am   Post subject: 6th European Gathering Film Music Festival, Kraków Sep 26-29 Reply with quote

Thanks to RMF Classic radio, and thanks to SiriusCreations being well informed on Facebook (thanks for heads up, Sirius!), I've just heard an interview with SST friend and Festival Programme Director - Robert Piaskowski.

It's been announced that 6th edition of Film Music Festival in Kraków will be held between 26th and 29th of September 2013.
(I hope that postponing of the festival from May to September will give SSTers living outside Poland better possibility to plan their trip to Kraków Wink)

It's been also revealed that final concert of the Festival next year will be Matrix - score will be played live simultaneously with screening of the movie. Don Davis will be present and will be conducting.

BTW: We stay at the same venue.

Full program of the festival is ready but Robert didn't tell all his secrets yet. There was however a hint that we will hear some music from Scandinavia (I bet our fellow SSTer The_Real_Thor knows something about it)

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the info in the Meet and Greet Thread. And actually it will now be the 6th European Gathering because Tenerife will be in July.

The festival in May was for us Dutch a perfect time, because of it was always around some holidays. In september it will cost some extra days, but I think that is no problem.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the news on the official page (only polish for the moment)

With Google Translate
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

KBF Director, Izabela Helbin, said they had a lot requests from people to change the May fixture. May in Poland is a time of final exams at high schools and according to Izabela Helbin's words, they moved the Festival to September to make it easier for young people to attend.

BTW: It will be The 6th European Gathering, indeed! Thanks for correction, Sirius!

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who has an facebook account, I created an event. Some of you already are invited, but for those who are not my 'facebook friend' (yet) here the link to the event
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the official Press Release of the Krakow Festival Office:

Matrix Live: Film In Concert – the great final event of next year's Krakow FMF

We already know which concert we will see at the end of next year's Film Music Festival (FMF) in Krakow. „In response to the huge interest, letters and requests of our fans, we are proud to announce the simultaneous live performance of the American-Austrian megaproduction: The Matrix. The honorary guest of the event and the conductor will be Don Davis himself, who wrote music for this cult trilogy", says Izabela Helbin, Director of the Krakow Festival Office.

It is not the only important information for FMF’s fans. Next year's FMF will be held not in May, as in previous years, but on the last weekend of September. We will begin with film workshops on the 26th of September and for the next three days we will meet in the Tinning Plant of ArcelorMittal Poland for traditional encounters with the most spectacular films and film music composers. The final concert will take place on the 29th of September at 8 p.m. “Fans of the festival often requested us to change its time, as May is the time of graduation examinations in secondary schools and preparations for examination sessions at universities. So we decided to organise the festival in the autumn, on the last weekend of September”, says Izabela Helbin.

The Matrix is undoubtedly the film that went down in the history of cinematography and introduced it into another dimension as a classic work of the science fiction genre. The preparation of the simultaneous version of this film lasted several years, and The Matrix Live: Film in Concert project will be an American-German-Polish co-production prepared in co-operation with the composer Don Davis, European Filmphilharmonic Institute and Warner Bros.

The work will also be presented in the unique interior of the Tinning Plant of Arcellor Mittal Poland in Krakow. „It will be the top-level entertainment of the future. We will combine visionary science fiction pictures with the sound of the large symphony orchestra and the choir”, announces Izabela Helbin. “The film will be presented on the big screen in the HD version and new technologies used in the production of the show will ensure an unforgettable experience. The Matrix in its simultaneous version is an exceptional music and visual experience, but also a serious challenge in terms of technical and music production. In contrast to an ordinary cinema show or concert, it is the total work which keeps the audience thrilled from the first to the last second.

The Matrix
– a 1999 American science fiction film – is one of the most important works in the world cinematography of the last decades. The film was produced and directed by brothers Lana and Andy Wachowski, who masterfully combined motifs referring to philosophy, religion, information technology and cybernetics. The film played also a very important role in the cyberpunk culture by establishing the style of cyberpunk fashion consisting of long coats, high shoes and sunglasses.
The budget of the film totalled USD 63,000,000 and the total profit was more than USD 171,000,000 in the USA only and USD 456,000,000 worldwide. The enthusiastic reception of the film both by spectators and critics resulted in two sequels (The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions) as well as the documentary film Matrix Revisited, computer games (Enter the Matrix, The Matrix Online and The Matrix: Path of Neo) and short animated films Animatrix, which focused on the side motifs of the film world. Apart from that, several books distributed worldwide have been written on the subject of the film itself, its production and philosophy. The film has become a philosophy and gained an army of fans in all corners of the world. The Matrix has received several prestigious awards, including 4 Oscars for the best visual effects, film editing, sound mixing and sound editing, 2 BAFTA awards and 3 MTV Movie Awards. The film's score composed by Don Davis – one of the best Hollywood composers and the winner of two Emmy awards – was nominated for the Grammy Award.

Don Davis (born 1957, Aneheim, California) – winner of two Emmy awards, American film music composer, conductor and arranger, composer of scores for the cult trilogy The Matrix. He studied the theory of music and composition at UCLA. He has worked in the film industry since he turned 20. Initially he worked as orchestrator and conductor of film music, and at the beginning of the 1980s he began the career of a film music composer. He composed music for many American televisions series, video games and motion pictures, such as When a Man Loves a Woman, Behind Enemy Lines, Ballistic, House on Haunted Hill or Jurassic Park III, and for one of the first films by the Wachowski brothers – Bound (1996). Apart from film music, Davis has composed around 30 works of chamber music and orchestral works, has been a frequent guest of the Donaueschingen Music Festival, and in October 2010 the premiere of his opera Rio de Sangre took place in Milwaukee/Wisconsin.
Norway The_Real_Thor
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 31625

The_Real_Thor is offline View user's profile Send private message The_Real_Thor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:32 pm   Post subject: Re: 6th European Gathering Film Music Festival, Kraków Sep 26-29 Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
Full program of the festival is ready but Robert didn't tell all his secrets yet. There was however a hint that we will hear some music from Scandinavia (I bet our fellow SSTer The_Real_Thor knows something about it)

I do, but I'm not allowed to say anything yet.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Don Davis announced it on his site in October. So we need to google more then.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Today the sale of tickets for Matrix concert has opened. The rest of the festival programme is still not announced.

The price of a ticket for Matrix only is 80 PLN (around 19,5 Euro) for Sector A and 50 PLN (around 13 Euro) for Sector B.

We plan to buy "karnet" pass for SST group members (one ticket for all FMF concerts) so if you want to go with us and attend all events, you can wait.

If you want to go to Matrix concert only, you may consider buying your own ticket now.

BTW: It would be great to hear form you who is interested in going to Kraków this year. It would help estimate the number of "karnet" passes we need to book.

Please let us know if you want to go. Here in this thread or by PM to me or any other staff member. Thanks!

And thanks for heads up, Desmo! Smile

Edit: I'll make a list:

Coming to Kraków:
- Dutchbat
- SiriusCreations
- molossus
- Tonks
- Finn
- Desmo
- Sabat_ka
- olaziolek
- joshrob +2
- Hati
- Andycutu
- Nathanael
- Cal
- hwh
- DallasTreado
- Karen2
- MickTesso + 5
- Kotek (only weekend concerts)
- Scorefreak
- Maciek Dobrowolski (composer)
- Leina
- Mjunic
- Girlfriend (weekend visit)
- Pit3r

Maybe list:
- Birhar + Boris
- Filmflip

Last edited by molossus on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:34 am; edited 18 times in total
Poland olaziolek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 23654

olaziolek is offline View user's profile Send private message View olaziolek's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mol, add me to your list, IMMEDIATELY!

*is happy*
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 21286

nathanael is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View nathanael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:20 am   Post subject: Coming! Reply with quote

Howdy !

We'll definitely be there this year, since we'll be coming from Berlin, it's only 4h from there.

So you can add Andycutu and I to the list.

I think we'll try to hit as many concerts as possible, so the karnet option seems the best one.

Keep us in touch, and good luck for the organisation Smile

Cheeseman Nath
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Ola, Nath and Andycutu \O/

Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No brainer for me Wink

karnet tickets pls.
Netherlands hwh
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 30738

hwh is offline View user's profile Send private message hwh's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please, Smile
Germany Birhar
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 25110

Birhar is offline View user's profile Send private message View Birhar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mol, could you please put Boris and me on the maybe-list Smile

Edited by mol. - Sure, Birhar! With pleasure and hoping to meet you in Kraków this time! Added Cal and hwh to the list, too. \O/ Also moved up DallasTreado and Karen2 plus their folks (I assume one of them is MickTesso) as they let me know they are coming to the festival Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: