StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

PR: Music From the Batman Trilogy (SIlva Screen US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
cinemediapromo
Captain
Captain

Member#: 20035

cinemediapromo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail cinemediapromo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:14 am   Post subject: PR: Music From the Batman Trilogy (SIlva Screen US Reply with quote

SILVA SCREEN PRESENTS
MUSIC FROM THE BATMAN TRILOGY

Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard’s ingenious dark soundworld for Director Christopher Nolan’s Batman Trilogy.

Masterfully performed by the London Music Works and City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra this unique compilation brings together the best score cues from Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

According to AllMusic.com, for Batman Begins, the Oscar-winning composers have “crafted an atmosphere that relies less on the dynamics of Danny Elfman and more on the rain-soaked soundscapes of Brian Eno and Blade Runner-era Vangelis.”

In the music for The Dark Knight, Zimmer and Newton Howard individual styles are distinct - Zimmer merges percussion and electronics whilst Newton Howard combines lush orchestral passages with solo piano sections.

The soundtrack for The Dark Knight Rises, the final film of the trilogy, was written by Zimmer alone and merges operatic, militaristic and mystical to provide a powerful climax to the trilogy.

Hans Zimmer’s illustrious career encompasses some of the biggest films of the last two decades including The Lion King, Gladiator, Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Da Vinci Code, Inception and Sherlock

James Newton Howard’s scores include Pretty Woman, The Prince Of Tides, The Sixth Sense and The Hunger Games.

CAT NO: SILCD1390
October 2, 2012

Tracklisting
Batman Begins
1. Vespertilio
2. Eptesicus
3. Barbastella
4. Antrozous
5. Molossus

The Dark Knight
6. Why So Serious
7. Aggressive Expansion
8. Like A Dog Chasing Cars
9. Introduce A Little Anarchy
10. A Watchful Guardian

The Dark Knight Rises
11. Mind If I Cut In
12. Fear Will Find You
13. Why Do We Fall
14. Imagine The Fire
15. Rise

###

For more information about these recordings visit http://www.silvascreenusa.com or contact cinemediapromo@yahoo.com, or @cinemediapromo on Twitter
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks, I am curious to see if anyone owns this release or has opinions about the track selection. I am not a big enough fan of the Batman Trilogy scores to buy all three, but there is something appealing enough about the music to cause me to look into this compilation.

The trouble is, I just don't know the music well enough to be able to judge whether this is a worthy representation of the music. Any thoughts?

Mr. Green
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own this release, but I do know some of this music in depth (see my reviews) and I listened to the clips on Amazon, so here are my two cents.

Track selection is generally good. The Batman Begins section hits all the major highlights of the original album. While I miss "Nycteris," these five tracks will do. The next five tracks are certainly the popular selections from The Dark Knight, but I don't think that's the best criteria for selection, given the electronics (more in a sec). The omission of "Harvey Two-Face" is criminal. Really, it's just wrong. I don't really know the last film's score very well, but these tracks look good.

One thing you always have to wonder about when looking at a cover album like this is, how much does the music sound like the original? And this is a special problem with a score like this one, that relies so much on dissonant electronics. Those can be hard for an orchestra to reproduce, and the results are a mixed bag. On some tracks, the music sounds more symphonic, sweeter, easier on the ears and even better. On others, this cover version is lacking. For example, in the last third, the vocal do not seem to approach the raw power of the original recording. If you like that sort of thing, that could be a problem.

That's what I've got. Hope it helps.
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That is helpful, LadyInque, thanks!

Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: