StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Fimucite 007 Press releases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 pm   Post subject: Fimucite 007 Press releases Reply with quote

007 and Varese Sarabande anniversaries,
focus of FIMUCITÉ VII

Tenerife International Film Music Festival, which will be held from July 5 to 14, will pay tribute Elmer Bernstein’s filmography, composer of scores such as “To Kill a Mockingbird” or “The Magnificent Seven”.

The VII Tenerife International Film Music Festival, which will be held from July 5 to 14, will embrace among its most outstanding contents a monographic journey throughout the 35 years of excellence in the field of film music discographic edition of Varese Sarabande, a label where some of the most prominent cinematographic composers’ careers have been forged.
One more year, the Festival presents a succulent musical agenda with highlights such as the concert FIMUCITÉ will dedicate to the 007 saga, and which will include a live performance by the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra of the recent Best Original Song Oscar award from the film “Skyfall”. The importance of James Bond in film history will inspire also some of the parallel activities programmed this year by the Festival.
Besides, Guimerá Theatre will open its doors for FIMUCITÉ 2013 to hold a new Big Band de Canarias performance, after last year’s successful results. This time, they will pay tribute to one of the greatest figures of Hollywood Golden Age, Elmer Bernstein, composer of scores such as “The Magnificent Seven”, “To Kill a Mockingbird” or “Airplane”, and to whom the Festival pays tribute this year.
As part of the wide variety of parallel activities of the Festival, there will be a new formative workshop about film music composition, inaugurated last year thanks to the collaboration between FIMUCITÉ and the biggest private film music college in the world, the Berklee College of Music. With this workshop, professional musicians, students and general public, will enjoy again a unique workshop where accomplished international professionals will share their talents to explain the process of producing a soundtrack as well as of creating music for an audiovisual project.
New this year and aimed at professionals, the Tenerife International Film Music Festival will include the Cinematographic Market Euroforum, coordinated by Guillermo Ríos, and which will be held at Hotel Mencey in Santa Cruz.

History

The Tenerife International Film Music Festival began in 2007 due to the fans growing interest to enjoy a live performance of the scores belonging to some of the most renowned films. Thanks to the excellent outcome of the five previous editions, in which the event has displayed all its ludic and educational potential before very varied audiences (many of which come to the Canary Islands from all over the world), FIMUCITÉ has grown to currently become one of the most selected, successful and celebrated international festivals of its genre.
The Festival also began in 2010 and 2011 to collaborate with prestigious international labels, like Varèse Sarabande, which has already made the Festival and Diego Navarro’s work known through the releasing of several CDs and DVDs. There has been also a very close collaboration with the Krakow Music Festival since last year, when Diego Navarro conducted the prestigious Ausko Orkiestra Kameralna in Poland and received an ovation from more than 4,000 people. FIMUCITÉ rising path reached one of its most important peaks last year when the festival was chosen by worldly famous Universal Studios for a musical celebration of its 100th anniversary at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martín”.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Beltrami and David Arnold sum up excellence to this year FIMUCITÉ’s lineup of guests

he festival will host the highlights of these two well-known composers that will be performed july 12 at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martin”, together with the highly anticipated 007 concert.
This unavoidable appointment with film music will also include an extensive tribute to Dreamworks Animation Studios, that will take place at the Closing Night Gala, Saturday 13.

FIMUCITÉ 7, which will be held from July 5 to 14, sponsored by Cabildo Insular de Tenerife, Canary Islands Government and Santa Cruz and Arona City Councils, will welcome the presence of recognized composers such as Marco Beltrami and David Arnold, whose long and well-known filmographies will define the first of this year’s two symphonic concerts. Friday, July 12, Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martín” will host some of the best scores of these two composers performed by the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra (OST) and the Tenerife Film Choir, that will complete a program with some of the best James Bond themes, some of them composed by Arnold in the last years.
For the Closing Concert Gala that will take place Saturday 13, FIMUCITÉ is preparing an extensive selection of the wonderful Dreamworks Animation Studios’ scores, that will sum up to the highly anticipated 35th anniversary tribute to Vàrese Sarabande, the most important film music discographic label in the world.

The attendance of Beltrami and Arnold, recognized respectively for his relationship with cult filmmaker Wes Craven and for renewing musically 007 saga, sum up to the presence of Alfonso de Vilallonga, this year Goya Award winner for his score for Pablo Berger’s “Blancanieves”, who recently confirmed his attendance to FIMUCITÉ 7.

Among other Wes Craven’s films, Marco Beltrami is the composer of the famous and successful “Scream” saga, but also other horror films’ scores such as “Mimic”, “Blade II” or “Hellboy”, directed by Guillermo del Toro. Recently he has composed also the music of blockbusters such as “A Good Day to Die Hard”, where Beltrami joins his classical training with modern composition techniques.

Being a huge James Bond fan, David Arnold fulfilled his dream of composing music for his cinematographic hero. After the success of “Stargate” or “Independence Day” he became the official composer of the saga in 1997 with “Tomorrow Never Dies”, continuing in the task until “Quantum of Solace” (2008).

These two symphonic concerts will prove once more the prestige and excellence of the OST, with composer and festival director Diego Navarro as conductor. Once again FIMUCITÉ keeps its commitment with quality, including, also, new surprises on its repertoire.

Tickets on sale
These two big concert tickets, together with those of Guimerá Theatre’s concert, go on sale today Friday 12, being available the first ones at the Auditorio website (www.auditoriodetenerife.com) or at the ticket office from 10.00 to 15.00 h., from Monday to Friday, and 10.00 to 14.00 on Saturdays. Telephone reservations are also possible at the same timetable (902-317-327).
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Further more I can add that SST will be present with the promotioncounter and is a mediapartner for Fimucité at both the concerts and the forum at the Hotel Mencey.

\0/ for Bernstein music!!

take a look at my collection: My album list
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The baton of the versatile Steven Allen Fox will lead the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra as guest conductor of FIMUCITÉ 2013

The North American composer will show his knowhow on Friday July 12 concert at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martin”, conducting the program dedicated to David Arnold and Marco Beltrami

FIMUCITÉ 7, which will be held from July 5 to 14, sponsored by Cabildo Insular de Tenerife, Canary Islands Government and Santa Cruz and Arona City Councils, adds this year the presence of versatile composer and conductor Steven Allen Fox to its list of guests. The North American artist will take the baton of the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra (OST) in one of the two great concerts that this unavoidable appointment with film music has scheduled at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martín”. It will be on Friday July 12 and it will be dedicated to composers Marco Beltrami and David Arnold, also guests this year at FIMUCITÉ.

Allen Fox has been recognized as one of the most innovative artists of the last years, and he is also a passionate admirer of film music, who not only works for feature length film, but also to short films, TV shows and video games. Devoted to music since he listened John Williams’ fantastic score for “Hook” (Steven Spielberg, 1991) at the age of 13, this renowned artist has worked with some of the most prestigious orchestras in the world, conducting, for example, the world premiere of the suites for “Scream” trilogy or “Avatar”, and performing in historic cinematographic temples such as Dorothy Chandler Pavilion (24 times venue of the Academy Awards Ceremony) or the Warner Grand Theater.

In this last venue, located in San Pedro (California), last May 11, Steven Allen Fox was the Principal Conductor of the Varese Sarabande 35th Anniversary Concert Gala International Kickoff, gathering, in front of the Golden State Pops Orchestra that he founded, Diego Navarro, composer and director of FIMUCITÉ, with contemporary titans such as Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Don Davis or Sean Callery.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

FIMUCITÉ will dazzle the family audience with Dreamworks Animation’s best scores

For the first time, the festival opens its Closing Gala to children and grownups thanks to the vast repertoire that, next July 13 at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martín”, will bring the audience closer to recognized modern animation musical hits such as “Shrek”, “Kung Fu Panda” or “How to train your Dragon”.

Jun 19, 2013.- FIMUCITÉ 7, which will be held from July 5 to 14, sponsored by Cabildo Insular de Tenerife, Canary Islands Government and Santa Cruz and Arona City Councils, will expand for the first time the repertoire of its Closing Gala to the family audience with an extensive tribute to Dreamworks Animation Studios’ films. With a selection for children and adults that will be the protagonist of the first half of July 13 evening at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martín”, the concert will include the scores of such legendary modern animation films such as “Shrek”, “Kung Fu Panda” or “How to train your Dragon”.

With the Tenerife Symphony Orchestra conducted by Diego Navarro, composer and director of FIMUCITÉ, parents and children will enjoy the charm and magic of recent films such as “Rise of the Guardians” or “The Croods”. The concert will count with the participation of the Tenerife Film Choir, directed by Cristina Farrais, and Santa Cruz de Tenerife Professional Conservatory’s High Voices Choir, under the baton of Juan Ramón Vinagre. The gala, with a second half dedicated to Varèse Sarabande, the most important film music discographic label in the world, will include the soloist voices of Esther Ovejero, Lorena García, and Farrais, among other surprises.

Following its compromise with innovation within each new edition, this 2013 FIMUCITÉ’s objective is to widen the range of the audience that year after year fill up the Symphonic Room at Auditorio de Tenerife’s concerts. Children will have the opportunity of training their ears to the exciting world of film music and be part together with their parents of a high standard show such as the closing gala of this festival.

Tickets already available

The tickets for this concert are already available at the Auditorio website (www.auditoriodetenerife.com) or at the ticket office from 10.00 to 15.00 h., from Monday to Friday, and 10.00 to 14.00 on Saturdays. Telephone reservations are also possible at the same timetable (902-317-327). FIMUCITÉ has also activated a system of season tickets, no more expensive than 50 euros for both symphonic concerts (July 12 and 13). This special offer is also already available, but just by telephone reservations and ticket office.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If these are "legendary" films, I wonder what they'd make of something older than, I dunno, the past ten years.

I also have a hard time reconciling the children's films with the knockers on that violin player.

Of course, I'm only complaining because I'd love to go to this concert, and quite obviously cannot.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, the poster is not only about the children's films Lady. I think the knockers go more with "For your senses only"

But as children's movies (and combined with an adult audience watching those as well, me included) have a cyclus of 10 years with each generation each of those periods have their own classics. And, yeah, I think the ones named are fitting that title.

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kung Fu Panda is "legendary," then I submit the word means nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERT TOWNSON: “IN THE CONCERTS OF FIMUCITÉ, WE HAVE SEEN THAT THE BEST MUSIC FROM THE SILVER SCREEN CAN ALSO LIVE AN EXCITING SECOND LIFE ON THE CONCERT STAGES OF THE WORLD”

The producer from Varèse Sarabande, leading film music label in the world whose 35 anniversary will be celebrated in the July 13 Closing Gala at Auditorio de Tenerife, claims that this commemoration will “help spread the news and the music of FIMUCITÉ around the world”

Jun 25, 2013.- “Film music is emotional music. It touches the soul and the heart. It can excite us and frighten us. It engages the mind too. At its best, film music is masterful and in the concerts of FIMUCITÉ, we have seen that the best music from the silver screen can also live an exciting second life on the concert stages of the world”. These are the words of Robert Townson, producer from Varèse Sarabande, leading film music label in the world whose best scores will receive homage next July 13 at 20.00h, in the second half of FIMUCITÉ’s Closing Gala at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martín”.

FIMUCITÉ 7, which will be held from July 5 to 14, sponsored by Cabildo Insular de Tenerife, Canary Islands Government and Santa Cruz and Arona City Councils, will once again welcome Townson as guest of honor. This tireless professional claims that “Varèse Sarabande's 35th anniversary this year is helping me spread an idea I have really devoted my life to, to bring more of the work of my favorite composers to the audiences of the world”. In this sense, the producer told that these kind of appointments “also bring people together and form new creative relationships and friendships”. Actually, he says, “it was a joy to see Diego Navarro triumph so brilliantly at the Varèse Sarabande 35th Anniversary Gala in Los Angeles. And it was at that same concert where Diego met conductor Steven Allen Fox, who will now be joining FIMUCITÉ this year!”.

“I'm also thrilled” he continues “to bring the brilliant flute virtuoso Sara Andon from Los Angeles to perform in Tenerife this year and also to feature pianist Sophia Unsworth on such an important performance of Miklós Rózsa's Spellbound Concerto”.

It is also important to remember that Sara Andon will not only perform with the Tenerife Symphony but also with Kike Perdomo and the Big Band de Canarias, at July 10 concert at Guimera Theater. “FIMUCITÉ and Varèse Sarabande Records is also a growing family”, tells Townson, who assures he is very proud to have been part of FIMUCITÉ from the very beginning. “It has been so exciting to watch and be part of the festival growing over the years”. “Every year we try to make FIMUCITÉ different. New ideas, new music, new ways to celebrate the best film music in the world and pay tribute to its greatest composers”, continues the producer, pointing out that he “really treasures the memories I have of the tribute concerts we did for Jerry Goldsmith, Alex North, Bernard Herrmann and John Barry”. A privilege that, in his opinion, it is due to “we're so lucky to have such brilliant musicians to work with. I certainly mean the Tenerife Symphony, but not just the symphony either ... all of the musicians of the festival ... the Big Band, the student orchestra, the choir, the soloists!”. “And we are all so lucky to be able to perform in such beautiful venues. I look forward so much to my visits to Tenerife every summer because I really consider the entire musical experience to be at the top level in the world. I am absolutely thrilled about everything that I know FIMUCITÉ 007 will be and really believe this will be the best festival yet!”, he annotates.

Regarding other lines of collaboration that could be established in the future between both entities, Robert Townson believes that “it's a very unique opportunity to be able to join forces the way we have and use Varèse Sarabande Records to help spread the news and the music of FIMUCITÉ around the world”. “I very much hope to do even more recording in Tenerife in the future and also to introduce the island and the festival to even more of my composer friends”, he said, since “All of the composers I have brought to FIMUCITÉ in the past end up leaving with such a happy experience and so many wonderful memories. They know how lucky they are to have their music treated with such care here and they appreciate it more than they could ever explain”.

Finally, Townson considers that the secret of FIMUCITÉ’s success is due to a “team that never considers doing things the easy way”. According to him “it's incredibly difficult to stage concerts like these. So many premieres. Very demanding music. Tons of special musical arrangements are required”. “The concerts at FIMUCITÉ are so special and so magical because everyone makes great sacrifices to pull them off. The conditions can be very challenging and really stretch everyone beyond what they even think they are capable of”, he concludes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: