StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Giacchino,Star Trek: Into Darkness Concert, May 2014, London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:29 pm   Post subject: Giacchino,Star Trek: Into Darkness Concert, May 2014, London Reply with quote

Tickets

Code:
http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/star-trek-into-darkness/default.aspx

Michael Giacchino - Star Trek: Into Darkness, London May 2014, Royal Albert Hall

Friday 30 May 2014
Saturday 31 May 2014

Quote:
The Royal Albert Hall will host the UK premiere of Star Trek Into Darkness - Live in Concert, celebrating the extraordinary collaboration between J.J. Abrams' 2013 blockbuster hit and its soundtrack. Following on from Star Trek - Live in Concert at the Hall the day before, Star Trek Into Darkness will also see Michael Giacchino's score brought to life on stage by the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra and Chorus conducted by Ludwig Wicki, whilst J. J. Abrams’ critically acclaimed film is shown simultaneously in high definition on the big screen.

Last edited by thejoyrider on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ Abrams: Hearing Star Trek Into Darkness score live in Albert Hall will be deeply moving

Code:
http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/30/jj-abrams-hearing-star-trek-into-darkness-score-live-in-albert-hall-will-be-deeply-moving-3904414/

Quote:

We caught up with director JJ Abrams to discuss the concert.

What was the inspiration behind putting on this event at the Royal Albert Hall?
The decision to do the concert was based on the Star Trek live concert in Switzerland this past year. Whoever chose Royal Albert Hall is a genius. I have embarrassingly never been. But I so look forward to it. However, invariably some snarky Trekkie will tweet “Now we know how many plot holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall!” And to them I say, “Well played!”

What are your experiences of the Royal Albert Hall? How are you expecting it to sound inside the venue and what effect do you think it will it have on the audience?
The sound of the Hall is stuff of legend — and I can tell you from experience that watching scenes from Trek played with live orchestra is profound; Giacchino’s scores are deeply moving and exciting and hearing it played by equally brilliant musicians is something to behold! I can only begin to imagine how wonderful the experience will be in that venue.

Why do you think music plays such a significant part in film?
Music in film is equal in importance to — and perhaps more important than — any other aspect of the storytelling process. Just watch any dialogue-free sequence of film you love and turn down the volume. You may be surprised by what you feel — and don’t feel!

Star Trek is very sacred to legions of fans ¬ was it a daunting decision to take on the franchise?
It was intense and intimidating, but also wild fun. The entire cast and crew have truly become extended family. We honor what has come before, and are well aware that we couldn’t be making these films without the extraordinary work of all the filmmakers who proceeded us.

Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/star-trek-into-darkness-london-live-concert-annou/311882

Quote:
"To hear Michael Giacchino's music, the secret weapon of the Star Trek series, performed live in Royal Albert Hall, will be, I promise, a thrill," Abrams said in a press statement. "The full orchestra scoring sessions for the films have been among my favourite life experiences. To give the public a chance to hear this incredible music performed live is a wonderful thing. I cannot wait to go and celebrate Michael's truly remarkable achievements!" - JJ Abrams

Quote:
"After working with JJ for 13 years, it will be so rewarding to have his wonderful films brought to life in a whole new way. I look forward to sharing these concerts with JJ and the Star Trek fans, new and old." - Giacchino

Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that interesting news Joyrider!

I love movie screenings with orchestra! And had some great experiences with Ludwig Wicki conducting that kind of concerts!
The only thing that keeps me from booking tickets for Star Trek in London is the fact that the dates for 2014 Kraków Film Music Festival has not been officially announced yet (and one of possibilities for that Festival is end of May 2014)

BTW: I created clickable link to tickets site in your post.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite blown away by a suite from that movie during Fimucite. It should be very awesome.
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
BTW: I created clickable link to tickets site in your post.

Old habits. You never know....
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: