StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What did you just watch? with mini review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

THE HEAT
Miss Congeniality Bullock has to team up with Bridesmaid Melissa McCathy in this buddy-cop movie from the director of Bridesmaids. Extremes give some fun moments
6.5/10

LES BEAUX JOURS
Old timer Fanny Ardant stars in this picture about a recently retired dentist who instead of joining senior clubs finds herself in a romance with her younger IT-teacher.
6/10 Nice 'Amelie' like score

LOS ABRAZOS ROTOS
Almodovar movie with again Penelope Cruz
Filmmaker falls for mistress of producer of his film who also is his lead actress. Typical storytelling makes it good entertainment.
7/10

take a look at my collection: My album list
Canada ViolaLover
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12106

ViolaLover is offline View user's profile Send private message View ViolaLover's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this counts, but I've just finished "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix. It's the story of an upper-middle class woman who has to go to prison for 15 months for something she did 10 years ago.

I was thoroughly impressed! It had great acting, witty dialogue, and it really pulled you into all the characters. What I really liked was the way they showed how each character landed in the prison, and you got a little back story into everyone's lives. I am waiting for S2 with much anticipation!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12106

ViolaLover is offline View user's profile Send private message View ViolaLover's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also recently seen:

The Way Way Back
A wonderful movie that I would call a "dramedy," a drama with light hearted and comedic parts. It's about a boy who goes on vacation with his mom (Toni Collette), her boyfriend (Steve Carell), and his daughter. He's a bit socially awkward, and the movie is about him coming into his own. Very good acting.

20 Feet from Stardom
Ah, this! This is a documentary about backup singers from popular bands from the 60s--present. It contains amazing archival footage, interviews with some of pop music's biggest stars, and gives you a glance into the lives of these singers, most of whom no one has ever heard of, but without their voices, the songs we know and love wouldn't be the same. Highly recommended.
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for sharing VL, keep it up.

I saw on TV last night after my beloved quizshow and the fairly good "Newsroom" episode a belgian/french movie called:

TOUS LES SOLEILS:
A Philippe Claudel movie who also wrote the scipt and dialogue. A witty comedy about a former Italian immigrant widow with his teenage daughter and a rebellous brother who lives with them.
Story shows that love and problems of life are the same no matter in what time people live.
Soundtrack with a lot of temp. tracks selected for their lyrics.
7/10

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

More TV (late night movie) and a DVD I've been waiting to watch for long time.:

EL MAL AJENO:
Translated as: For the good of others; about a trauma surgeon who experiences extra healing gift after he has been shot. Nice suspense fantasythriller.
7.5/10

EL SECRETO DE SUS OJOS:
Oscar winning film that tells the story of a pensioned ass.judge who wants to write a novel, but can't forget an unsolved case and his boss, who he fell in love with. Argentinian junta problem is in the background an important item.
8/10

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A day off for the weekend resulted in 4 movies seen:
Remarkably many SciFi Adventure movies in the theatres.

ELYSIUM:
Earth in 22th century. Upper rich have evacuated earthly troubles to live in an artificial paradise in Earth's orbit.
Remaining people craving for a way of living and medical healthcare and a hero rises from them to get things settled. Filmed on the huge garbage belts of Mexico City. Matt Damon,Jodie Foster in the leads. Fighting scenes were very disturbingly filmed 6/10

BLUE JASMINE:
The new Woody Allen. Instead of Woody himself playing a neurotic it's Cate Blanchett's turn and she does that very convincing. She portrays Jasmine French who, after living a life in wealth by marriage, becomes vicitim of her frauduleus husband herself and has to move in with her campy, lowlife sister and sleezy boyfriends. Allen fans will love this movie, others probs not.7/10

THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS;CITY OF BONES.
Apparantly a series of books from which this multitopic adventure movie derives. it's all there: gothic,vampires,werewolves,demons and a love drama. Again many,many SFX but still entertaining.
Score by Atli Örvarsson was promising.
7/10

PERCY JACKSON;SEA OF MONSTERS 3D
An obvious sequel that again has a modern sweep through Greek Mythology. Some highstanding SFX-water effects stand out, but the rest is merely Hollywood shit. Score by Andrew Lockington (a + to the movie itself) 5.5/10

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE

This movie tells the story of a woman in love with a man with a genetic abnormality that causes him to travel uncontrollably through time. Fans of the Doctor/River relationship in Doctor Who will recognize many elements, as this story was the inspiration for the River Song character, or so I remember one of the creators saying.

This is not a very good movie, at least, not as I saw it on cable. I don't know if the full theatrical version is any better. The big problem is that the time travel plot takes up a lot of time. So much time, in fact, that the characters end up being defined by it, without any room to be characters themselves. And it's mopey and romantic and probably doesn't stand up to critical scrutiny. But what the heck; I liked it. And I've requested the book, which I've heard is better, through BookMooch.
Canada Last_Starfighter
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 29174

Last_Starfighter is offline View user's profile Send private message View Last_Starfighter's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The World's End starring Simon Pegg

A fun little Brit comedy that takes you on a very strange ride. It's about a bunch of guys who want to relive their old college drinking days by hitting 12 pubs/bars in 1 single day. The big mile i think they nicknamed it.

Now things do take abit to startup, the 1st half is quite wordy but it pays off because they do have to flesh out our 5 heroes. I don't want to spoil it, but the 5 are in for something they absolutely did not expect when they return to their old town to do the Big Mile. It's not your average comedy about idiots wanting to get hosed and pissed drunk. I saw it with 8 other friends, and we all thought it was fun...but also because of the neat plot twist, very strange and weird!
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LS, I saw a trailer of that movie and I sure would love to see it when it is released here.

Just before posting this I watched a movie on TV:

DOSSIER K.
A follow-up of the movie "de zaak Alzheimer" (the Alzheimer case) with again detectives Vincke and Verstuyft.
This time bloodrevenge by Albanian mobclans is in the way of justice. Fair entertainment.
6.5/10

Earlier this week I saw:
PAIN & GAIN
Hard to believe but the stupidious story seems to be true, or they want to let us believe so. Based on magazine articles about different cases of crime. In this film three fitnesslovers plan to speed up their "American Dream" by trying to rob a wealthy client. This plan works out the worst way imaginable c/o the clumsiness of the three. The bizarre plot never works out toward a comedy or crimemovie. Jablonsky scored it.
6/10

NIGHT TRAIN TO LISBON
Film on the celebrated novel of Pascal Mercier, Jeremy Irons in the leadrole. Story of rebelgroup of students during the Salazar dictatorship in Portugal is told through flashbacks, with great cast of stars portraying the young and old members. Score by Annette Focks (beautiful !)
8.5/10

MUD
Matthew McConaughey portraying a fugitive with two young boys helping him out (sublime Tye Sheridan ("Tree of life"))
Love interest (Whiterspoon) is the bait. Nice local sounding score by David Wingo
7/10

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw The World's End last night. (Last_Starfighter, it was called The Golden Mile. Named probably for the color of the fluid the participants would be drinking, and eventually producing. How many pubs can one small town support?) I really enjoyed it. Took a dark left turn at the end there, one I didn't really see coming.

Love Simon Pegg, though.
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Last_Starfighter is offline View user's profile Send private message View Last_Starfighter's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchbat: i hope it's comes out soon in your country, enjoy Cool

LadyInque wrote:
Last_Starfighter, it was called The Golden Mile. Named probably for the color of the fluid the participants would be drinking, and eventually producing.

Hahaha, you said it! 12 pints ain't a small feat for anybody's bladder Razz
Glad you enjoyed it as well, especially the neat twist in the 2nd half.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

here we go again:

WE'RE THE MILLERS
Sitcom roadmovie with some fun dialogue in it. Otherwise very predictable and -meh- acted.
I most loved the RV Wink
Found only a few bits of score by Theodore Shapiro
6/10

PLAYTIME (F/I 1967)
Classic, even called magnum opus, movie by Jacques Tati.
Digital, restored version of this movie where Tati's character Monsieur Hulot ends up in a modern,(purpose built) steel-and-glass city. The movie is a beautifully filmed complaint against modernizing and anglification in France end '60's. Nightclub scene from over an hour is hilarious.
8.5/10

JOBS
Biopic about Steve Jobs and the struggle he had getting Apple where it is now. I already wanted to read the biography, but now even more.
Even as I was not a fan of Ashton Kutcher, I must say he did a nice Job(s). Also a great performance of Josh Gad (also "21"), portraying his sidekick Woz.(Steve Wozniak)
Entertaining, similar to 'a social network' with sometiimes emerging score by John Debney.
8/10

Last edited by Dutchbat on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Canada Last_Starfighter
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone rq'd a track from this anime film the other day and it reminded me i still have this unopened on my shelf Razz
From the director of Ghost in a Shell, Skycrawlers is a pretty interesting animated film. It's not a loud crowd cheering kind of film like Top Gun, instead it was more cerebral and makes you think. It's 70% a drama, 30% action. The 2 main characters build a very interesting relationship which takes a weird turn which then really makes you think...

If you have the dvd or bluray, the soundfx is AMAZING, it was recorded at Skywalker Sound so expect alot of nice surround fx during the dogfights.
I found myself just as interested in both of the bonus features as the main feature. 1st one is about the director and his main animators going to europe (Poland & Germany?) to do location scouting (yes, even animators gotta do this). And the 2nd feature was really neat because it had interviews with the composer and then they also showed how things were done inside Skywalker Sound.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

On Girlfriend's first official "Old Lady's Day Off" from her work Wink we took the opportunity to go to a cinema in a neighbouring town to watch:

LE PASSÉ
A new movie by Asghar Farhadi, director of last year's Oscar winning movie "A Separation"
Bérenice Bejo (the Artist) in lead woman role of a mother with a bad relation with her daughter and meeting with her ex husband to finalize their divorce.
Amidst different plotchanges that reveal much of their past an intriguïng story is told. Great script!!
Golden Palm for Bejo in Cannes where the movie got great reviews and a Golden Palm nomination too. Score doesn't stand out though.
8/10

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the Netherlands have access to Netflix, finally, my spare time (how few even) will be filled by picking out movies I missed or where on my wishlist.
Most of them are movies I didn't find important to watch in the theatre.

KICK-ASS.
Losers-wanna-be-superheroes in badly directed movie.
4.5/10

SHALLOW HAL
Jack Black and Gwyneth Paltrow starring in another Farelly brothers flick. Unconvincing story about the message that inner beauty should prevail above the outer beauty. Way over exagerrated by taking this literally.

Furthermore Netflix offers quite a lot of TV series and shows.
Got me started in "Frozen Planet" and I've seen the monsterspecial by Jef Dunham and the Polar Special from "Top Gear"
All great as fill in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 54 of 66

Jump to: