StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

2013 SST Awards: Soundtrack of the Year Nominees
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:41 pm   Post subject: 2013 SST Awards: Soundtrack of the Year Nominees Reply with quote

When and how the voting will take place will be announced later. We already posted something about it on facebook:

... Another thing we have on our wish list is to do something more public with our favorites poll. Talks with different parties have already started.
This means that we invite all our friends on FB and the registered members to already start thinking about your favorite album and track of the year 2013 as the final result will have to stand for the worldwide soundtrack fans opinion...

The soundtrack must be original released in 2013 and from a movie/tv-serie/game released in 2013 and since it is the SST Awards it must be in the library of SST.

Please submit your nomination(s) here. You may nominate as many as you want but not the same entry more than once.

Nominations are open to VIP members, as well as regular members

Deadline for nominations: TBA

2013 Albums on SST
Netherlands SkyAero
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 34557

SkyAero is offline View user's profile Send private message View SkyAero's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Last of Us - Gustavo Santaolalla
Beyond Two Souls - Lorne Balfe & Hans Zimmer
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the album has finally reached SST database Smile

My first of nominations for Best Album 2013 is:
Mortal Instruments; City of Bones by Atli Örvarsson
An album which is versatile in gothic and modern elements which reveal a lot of Zimmer influence. It is however still thematical what makes it good to listen to.
The second is:
Africa by Sarah Class
Balanced score for the BBC series. Has lots of variety for all the different subjects but still coherent as a whole. Great for stand alone listening too.
La Mula by Oscar Navarro
Balanced and refreshing score with spanish influences. Two main themes that live throughout the whole album. I could easily pick 4 tracks for nomination for Best Track as well.
The little wizard by Marc Timon Barcelo & Miguel Cordeiro
After several listens to this animation score I must confess that every single track is a gem. Adult approach which leaves room for supportive frivolous tunes that stick in the mind.
The Celestine Prophecy by Nuno Malo wonderful score for an etherical movie. Good mood supporting tracks
Philomena by Alexandre Desplat, score built around two themes that intermingle while the story develops.
Romeo & Juliet by Abel Korzeniowski wins by street length from his other compositions. Great romantic themes and use of a full orchestra.
The patriot Yue Fei by Nathan Wang The latest update made this glorious album available for nomination. Epic score

take a look at my collection: My album list

Last edited by Dutchbat on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:10 am; edited 9 times in total
Slovenia treki
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 4014

treki is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View treki's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Trek: Into Darkness - Michael Giacchino
Rush - Hans Zimmer
Poland olaziolek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 23654

olaziolek is offline View user's profile Send private message View olaziolek's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

djawadi groupie nominates the 'pacific rim'

you know why
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

olaziolek wrote:
djawadi groupie nominates the 'pacific rim'

you know why

No, I don't.
It's a fairly good score with some outstanding tracks but Best Score of 2013?
You'll have to convince others more than just being Djawadi groupie Smile
Razz

Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For me Beyond Two Souls by Lorne Balfe.

You can remove the Zimmer part. He only produced it.
Poland olaziolek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

olaziolek is offline View user's profile Send private message View olaziolek's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

here comes my explanation:
while watching the 'pacific rim' in the cinema i was thinking: nice summer blockbuster movie with lots of cgi and action and monsters, plus japanese stuff weaved into the plot - ola likes special effects, intense action, monster movies [!] and everything japanese. but that was it. a blockbuster movie. nothing more than this.
until the main theme reached my ears. the moment i heard it my lips widened into mad smile. and that smile never left my face - all the time i was waiting for the theme to come back. this thing happenned to me only two times before - the jawdropping on the first meeting with the sound and then the constant smile of joy - first was when enterprise emerged from the rings of saturn and michael giacchino's new star trek theme suddenly found its everlasting place in my heart, second when the dwarves jumped out of the forest to save bilbo from the trolls [til this day unextended 'roast mutton' is my favourite track from the hobbit soundtrack] introducing me to the new dwarves theme that occupied my brain for the first half of 2013 [but as i checked i can't nominate the score this time].
'pacific rim' theme is my third.
moreover i'm not a fan of guitars, especially electric guitars, as i have a soft spot for piano players [see my undying love for hisaishi] - and here this very sharp and wild sound of guitar is what brings me so much happiness. it's strange to find such things in myself that stay in contrast to what i know about me. anyways, i just wanted to say that i nominate this particular soundtrack because it became one of those scores that make me want to move out of my chair and run around the room with grin on my face, jump on the walls, dance on the ceilling then open the window and fly onto the open air and mess up the clouds [HTTYD also leaves me in this state] - that's how much energy and happiness/joy i get from it, that's how i feel - and this feeling one sunny day gave life to the DJAWADI GROUPIE! that's why Razz
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had that Hobbit moment a couple of days ago Smile

One other example for me was lighting the beacons in LotR
Poland olaziolek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lightning the beacons is my favourite scene from LOTR trilogy [with that music...] i was so happy to see it at the FMF
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

-razz- Well said Ola, in that case I will re-listen to Pacific Rim whether I should second your nomination or select an outstanding track for nomination in its own category.
I also check the Hobbit score, however this one didn't give me goosbumps when I watched the movie but who knows. I'm checking ALL cd's from 2013 ( I'm now at "B") if they can be nominated IMO.

Netherlands SkyAero
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 34557

SkyAero is offline View user's profile Send private message View SkyAero's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can The Hobbit be nominated? The official release was not 2013, but 11 december 2012
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, no Smile
But be patient. The new score of Hobbit 2 is on it's way

USA SportsFan800 VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 23771

SportsFan800 is offline View user's profile Send private message View SportsFan800's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My nominees for the 2013 soundtrack of the year are:

Poland olaziolek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm giving the hobbit2 soundtrack more time. maybe it'll grow on me. for now i feel the H1 was way better. although i have found nice new themes: tauriel theme and lake-town theme. and of course THE SONG! i second sports' nomination for it in the tracks part of the awards
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: