StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Our new Ambassador: Dutchbat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Last_Starfighter
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 29174

Last_Starfighter is offline View user's profile Send private message View Last_Starfighter's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

always wondered what was on that desk when it was in the pictures from Krakow! Now i've found a nice closeup shot of it, great job guys!!!

Major thumbs up having First Contact right above the SST logo Cool
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

With 2014 now started, I thought it was a good idea to give a little review on 2013 and lift the curtain for plans for this year.

2013:
* We further strengthened our relationship with the three most important filmmusic festivals in Europe.
Especially the one with FMF Krakow has brought up new possibilities for the near and further future.
* New contacts with composers are made, some even became member or donated music to SST
* First gathering in Malmö for Joystick 5.0 was an interesting addition to the concerts list and contacts to become mediapartner has been done.
* The crisis was probably due to the fact that some potential new events had to be postponed or were cancelled. But with a growing interest of orchestras playing soundtracks live there will be enough to focus on.
* We had our stand at the expanded meeting in Gent at the Filmmusic Festival again.

2014:
* We are looking to ways to combine efforts with other radiostations to have the Public Choice Awards based on the worldwide opinions of listeners. SST will be frontrunner in this and is in talks with the World Soundtrack Academy to realize this. An additional webpage will be made for that and is already under construction.
* Funding is done and talks are finalized to have SST meetings in Germany.
* A new leaflet is being edited, which will be used at the various events.
* The established festivals will this year see a more non-physic advertising instead of the presence of the stand. This includes ads and a promotionclip.
* Talks with distributors and ASCAP (the rights organisation) have seen it's first introduction and will lead to ways of promoting SST directly to the industry (agents and composers)
First ideas were exchanged to come to an American Filmmusic Festival, but this will take more effort and time to realize.
* As most of the available budget will be needed for travelling, no extra member meetings can be done.
But there's a donationmeter on the site to change that Smile
* Some minor repairs to the stand and travelcases is needed.
* Over 60 newbie composers have registered on my SST facebook group, all planning to release soundtracks in the near future and connecting to SST.
* At least two new SST Selection albums are due to be uploaded in the first half of this year.

If anything mentionable will turn up I will post it here as well, and keep an eye on changes in the SST World Tour forum for updates on the meetings and festivals.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

During the last couple of years as Ambassador I enjoyed promoting my favorite radio station during meetings with people from the industry and various occasions where (new) members were met.
This consumed a lot of time and money but I did this for a good cause.
Last few years though I encountered more and more people who were not happy with the stream or the station's amenities.
Since a crash several years ago community binding aspects as a large chat group, contests and a photo gallery were gone and a change in the influx of new updates unbalanced the atmosphere of having two styles of soundtrack music dividing the audience in two groups; one loving the classical music based orchestral scores and the smaller group of people going for the modern Hollywood actionscores and drone sounds.
This gave a decline in longterm listeners that were not interested in the new niche of soundtracks.

My concerns about this were passed through to JERIC in a conversation about new ideas in October 2015 in Richmond.
Already there was a lot less time available for SST by him due to other priorities in his private life.
We discussed some ideas to turn the tide, create more revenue to conquer the troubles of funding (donation meter often has to have a last minute filling by non-SST' er to reach the goal) and my objection against having advertisements on stream.
There were some longterm planning ideas including reviving a newsletter of high quality that could generate advertising income.
As I got carte blanche to work out ideas I started looking into ways to improve SST and introducing a second Premium channel that could cater for the members that prefer orchestral scores to keep them attached to SST.

Few of those ideas have seen a setting in motion but soon after a few forum posts and chat discussion it encountered much unbelief and aversion of any change. Also Jeric could not find more time to put into SST leaving those issues of the database unchanged.
With big investments by me at hand I started doubting whether there would be enough support, also because of the small online group dominating European daytime and USA evening were not showing any kind of interest in my plans. Basic rules were lifted without valid reason, professionalizing of SST as streaming radio not welcomed.
With Jeric approving this I could not do anything else than stop my ambitions for the benefit of SST.
Without support I can no longer function as Ambassador.

Herefore I will resign from that function starting June 1st, in order to complete some outstanding contacts and agreements in promoting concerts and festivals.
The account SSTEvents will continued to be used by the admins or moderators with access to it but it will no longer be part of my business nor
be the name holder of the European office start-up that was under way.
I, however, will not use it anymore after Dec,1st, which will simultaneously end my promoting the playlist and requests SSTEvents did on Social Media
(See Miscellaneous forum about improving playlist)

I will inform Jeric officially as soon as all details are secured, but timeline as mentioned will be most probably.

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to give an idea of what plans are worked on and maybe for my successor to pick up here's an overview:

To be continued until June,1st:
*SST selection albums 4 (Trevor Morris) and 5(Mark Thomas)
*Promotional Partner Atli Örvarsson concert on Iceland
April, 30th
*Promotional sponsoring FMF Krakow.

Plans already in execution, to be cancelled:
*Promotional campaign Asia and Australia via Facebook and Google advertising.
*Placing of new roll banners at various concerts in USA and Europe (300€ investment including transportation contract)
*2 new roll banners cancelled
*SST becoming associate member of World Soundtrack Academy.
*Meet & Greet at Krakow FMF festival

Plans in constructional phase:
*New website with Premium channel (27,000€ overall investment)
*Revived monthly newsletter (advertising already granted) has to start January 2017
*Cooperation with partner AirEuropa for a contest with free tickets from USA/Canada to Tenerife festival for two persons.
*Stand and merchandising booth at James Newton Howard European Tour.

If there's somebody who is appointed by Jeric to go do this job, feel free to contact me.
I've got a lot of promotion materials that I purchased in the last couple of years for sale.

USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear, Dutch, but I'm sure everyone understands. I hope you'll continue to be a listener and community member here. Best wishes.

Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: