StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Friday the 13th Music every single day numerous times
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do you think this soundtrack should be removed?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 26

Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 30903

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:35 pm   Post subject: Friday the 13th Music every single day numerous times Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but I'm really getting sick of this.

Lately music from this soundtrack (I think) keeps playing:

http://www.discogs.com/Harry-Manfredini-Friday-The-13th-Parts-I-VI-LIMITED-EDITION-6-Cd-Box-Set/release/3378050

Every day many songs from this soundtrack get played and I'm incredibly sick of this score because every song is the exact same. They're all extremely slow droll songs with one man making these noises: "CHE-CHE-CHE-CHE-KAH-KAH-KAH-KAH" in a very slow pace.

Anyway, does anyone know what's up with this? A song from this soundtrack once a week or every several days seems reasonable but it's like this one annoying song shows up multiple times a day.

Last edited by Macmee on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Macmee, thnx for expressing your opinion here.

First: there's nothing strange with the requests.
This is a 6 CD box, so apparantly a lot of stuff people can request. The fact that Jeric decided to have this on SST makes this 'music' available.
And there are people who seem to like this (even more than one) so for them it's a non-issue.

There is a forum where you can express your dislike if you want.
For removal of the CD's you would definitely need more reason than just dislike.

If diversity of the queue is in stake, moderators will contact the requestor directly.

I know there are a lot of listeners who agree fully with you, myself included, but members are entitled to request what they like as long as it is in the database.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Macmee!

Personally I'm not a big fan of that particular soundtrack and I understand what you mean, but I second all that Dutchbat said above.

Just wanted to add that if you think Harry Manfredini's score should be removed from SST, you can consider editing your first post in this thread to add a poll.

Nothing is guaranteed since it's JERIC who makes final decisions, but at least a poll could be a way to see if the idea of getting rid of that music has a support among SSTers.

Just a thought for your consideration.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can see it is request once in like 5-10 hours. Most of the time it the track is less than 3 minutes.
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
As far as I can see it is request once in like 5-10 hours. Most of the time it the track is less than 3 minutes.

Just this 1 song, or all songs from the soundtracks? I've heard it played several times within 1-2 hours before. Some of them are actually quite long songs, 7 minutes (like the one playing on the stream right now Sad)

Do you have statistics on the amount of times this soundtrack gets played within 1 week? I would wager that this soundtrack gets played more often than many others do.

edit: like, if a lot of people like these songs then don't mind me, but I mean, all the songs sound almost identical: pretty slow with that CHE..CHE..KAH..KAH thing. Perhaps if it's just 1 person requesting it over and over, they could simply just listen to the song themselves.

I don't mind if SST = "Streaming StarTrek" but I think it's a headache if it's become "Streaming CHE..CHE..CHE..CHE..KAH..KAH..KAH..KAH" Crying or Very sad
Germany blablublaber
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 33525

blablublaber is offline View user's profile Send private message View blablublaber's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

its not the same track all the time but many tracks sounding quite similar.
these tracks can be requested every 15 days and usually they are then requested about every 20 days mostly by the same person.

while the track list of this album is quite long it really looks like someone goes down the list and requests every single track after he can do that again. (all 2 hours if the Q is short)

nothing wrong or against policy so far.

but right it is kind of annoying if you count to the largest portion of listeners who think hearing these tracks once a year would be enough.

so what we could do is increase the time a track cant be requested after it was played (usually 14 days in between)

i´m all for diversity we got over 60000 tracks that have not been played in several months some gems hidden there just where never heard.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the soundtrack in question. From the webpage macmee gave us, it looks like one of those so-complete-we-included-sounds-of-the-composer-sneezing releases that, I find, can get on my nerves even if I like the music in question. (Batman: The Animated Series, Volume 2, I'm looking at you!)

I think that extending the time between requests would annoy everyone on SST needlessly. This may call for a more surgical strike.

Could someone who is familiar with the soundtrack perhaps identify the highlights? What tracks are worth hearing, and which are just completist filler? That way, we might eliminate half the tracks (or more) from the playlist, allowing the fans to share the best of the music and the rest of us to take a break from it.
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I would greatly appreciate something being done, I see two good suggestions above!
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Removing some of the tracks sounds interesting. However I'm not that much familiar with this score to name them.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting songs hangs towards censorship and I don't think Jeric agrees with that.
However there are plenty of soundtracks in general, incl. this 6CD box that are far from the mainstream of music in all its diversity that we have on SST.

Maybe a formation of a reviewing committee can be of help and function as a hearing board and weigh complaints against the being on our database of soundtracks involved.
The same issue is now in the moderator forum with popsongs, so be assured that staff is looking into these kind of questions.

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchbat wrote:
Cutting songs hangs towards censorship and I don't think Jeric agrees with that.

I dunno. PLENTY of soundtracks are not represented in their entirety on this site. Or is it not censorship when it's a vocal track?
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We can also hope that whoever is requesting this, if it is one individual, will get bored and move on to something else. Nothing lasts forever, and you know how hearts can change.
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchbat wrote:
However there are plenty of soundtracks in general, incl. this 6CD box that are far from the mainstream of music in all its diversity that we have on SST.

Maybe a formation of a reviewing committee can be of help and function as a hearing board and weigh complaints against the being on our database of soundtracks involved.
The same issue is now in the moderator forum with popsongs, so be assured that staff is looking into these kind of questions.

I agree that cutting songs should not be a practise that is overdone, however in certain scenarios such as this one, I definitely think it's an appropriate course of action.

It's important not to cut songs and narrow down SST's vast and beautifully broad library, however I also see how it is important to fix problems like this one because I think other folks here agree with me that this score is hogging up a lot of play time, and that there are many other scores of better quality.

I was wondering how long it will take for this problem to be resolved?

molossus wrote:
Removing some of the tracks sounds interesting. However I'm not that much familiar with this score to name them.

Perhaps a thread could be made where volunteers could go through the score and rank which tracks they think are of sufficient enough quality to retain.

LadyInque wrote:
We can also hope that whoever is requesting this, if it is one individual, will get bored and move on to something else. Nothing lasts forever, and you know how hearts can change.

They've been doing it for a long time now, and it seems that immediately upon being able to request another song from this score, the user does. I don't know what their motivations are but I'm assuming they're not bad. I'm guessing the user requesting the score doesn't realize that other users don't like the score very much.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is annoying. It really seems to be one person doing the vast majority of the requesting, just systematically going down the track list. This person does not frequent the forums, so is probably blissfully unaware of the annoyance. Perhaps a moderator could PM the person and politely ask them to request just a little less frequently from that set. It's worth a try.

Mr. Green
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther_III wrote:
Yes, this is annoying. It really seems to be one person doing the vast majority of the requesting, just systematically going down the track list. This person does not frequent the forums, so is probably blissfully unaware of the annoyance. Perhaps a moderator could PM the person and politely ask them to request just a little less frequently from that set. It's worth a try.

Mr. Green

Yeah. It seems like EVERY time I view the queue a song from this soundtrack is in it, and it's ALWAYS requested by Resist_All every single time (hah! it's in the queue right now, of course).

He is abusing the request feature. In my opinion these soundtracks should not be removed, this user should not be allowed to request this soundtrack any longer.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: