StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Friday the 13th Music every single day numerous times
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do you think this soundtrack should be removed?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 26

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So we should target individual users because we don't like what they request? That seems like a dangerous precedent to me.

Any luck with the PM, moderators? Or trolling him in the chat?
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 30903

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
So we should target individual users because we don't like what they request? That seems like a dangerous precedent to me.

Any luck with the PM, moderators? Or trolling him in the chat?

I tried putting messages to him in requests, reaching him in chat and I've posted here incase he checks the playlist forum:

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=113736#113736

but so far no such luck.
Germany blablublaber
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 33525

blablublaber is offline View user's profile Send private message View blablublaber's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i took a look into our played/history thingy .. and its pretty clear that requesting over 500 times a track from "Friday The 13th" is going a little heavy.

let me suggest a kind of weighted interval for tracks .. depending on how many different people requested a track.
since often played does not mean its a good track.

if lets say a track was played by 20 different people all together like 50 times that is just fine and results into something like 2 weeks in between ... if a track only is requested 50 times by one person then the interval gets extended.
that would solve our problem and it could actually improve our playlist since liked bay many tracks like those of the top 100 would maybe then be available a little more often (set the min to a week just like for the first month of the new tracks and the max to something like 2 months if its played over and over by the same person.)

pretty simple solution would also be just to add a bunch of silent tracks to that album. some 5-10 seconds would be fine (and name the silent track 1...10or something)
if those get played frequently too ... maybe you found a bot but at least these tracks would not really offend anyone Very Happy
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

Macmee is offline View user's profile Send private message View Macmee's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

blablublaber wrote:
i took a look into our played/history thingy .. and its pretty clear that requesting over 500 times a track from "Friday The 13th" is going a little heavy.

let me suggest a kind of weighted interval for tracks .. depending on how many different people requested a track.
since often played does not mean its a good track.

if lets say a track was played by 20 different people all together like 50 times that is just fine and results into something like 2 weeks in between ... if a track only is requested 50 times by one person then the interval gets extended.
that would solve our problem and it could actually improve our playlist since liked bay many tracks like those of the top 100 would maybe then be available a little more often (set the min to a week just like for the first month of the new tracks and the max to something like 2 months if its played over and over by the same person.)

pretty simple solution would also be just to add a bunch of silent tracks to that album. some 5-10 seconds would be fine (and name the silent track 1...10or something)
if those get played frequently too ... maybe you found a bot but at least these tracks would not really offend anyone Very Happy

Yes I think this solution is very fair and would solve this problem and others alike Very Happy
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A bot? Why didn't I think of that?

The silent track option is clever. And it seems simpler than trying to throttle requests based on how popular they are. And if it is a bot, that should become clear pretty fast.
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
A bot? Why didn't I think of that?

The silent track option is clever. And it seems simpler than trying to throttle requests based on how popular they are. And if it is a bot, that should become clear pretty fast.

I *think* someone said earlier that the interval of time inbetween resist_all's requests does not constitute a pattern.

This doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a bot, because it's easy to programatically idle for a constant period of time, plus an additional random amount of time.

Bot or not, I really think the suggestion to gradually increase time inbetween requesting for scores where only 1 user is requesting them is an excellent idea, and will also improve the variety of music played on the stream in general, thus improving the station for everyone!

edit: Just since I've tuned in earlier today, 3 times Friday the 13th has played. This is really getting ridiculous. At this rate by the end of the day the score will have played 7 times today...

edit: 4 times just today!
Germany blablublaber
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

blablublaber is offline View user's profile Send private message View blablublaber's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

another possibility would be to send resist the fri13 cd-collection .. then he can play it all day long for himself bothering no one.

and for copyright reasons we could no longer have the tracks available since we aint gonna own the sound tracks anymore Very Happy
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

blablublaber wrote:
another possibility would be to send resist the fri13 cd-collection .. then he can play it all day long for himself bothering no one.

and for copyright reasons we could no longer have the tracks available since we aint gonna own the sound tracks anymore Very Happy

I like it!
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me quote Dutchbat (yes, I'm lazy Wink)

Dutchbat wrote:
First: there's nothing strange with the requests.
This is a 6 CD box, so apparantly a lot of stuff people can request. The fact that Jeric decided to have this on SST makes this 'music' available.
And there are people who seem to like this (even more than one) so for them it's a non-issue.

There is a forum where you can express your dislike if you want.
For removal of the CD's you would definitely need more reason than just dislike.

If diversity of the queue is in stake, moderators will contact the requestor directly.

I know there are a lot of listeners who agree fully with you, myself included, but members are entitled to request what they like as long as it is in the database.

So, yes this can be annoying, but no this is not an abuse.

I moved the thread to the playlist forum, please vote here if you think this soundtrack should be removed or not.
Canada Macmee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Please let me quote Dutchbat (yes, I'm lazy Wink)

Dutchbat wrote:
First: there's nothing strange with the requests.
This is a 6 CD box, so apparantly a lot of stuff people can request. The fact that Jeric decided to have this on SST makes this 'music' available.
And there are people who seem to like this (even more than one) so for them it's a non-issue.

There is a forum where you can express your dislike if you want.
For removal of the CD's you would definitely need more reason than just dislike.

If diversity of the queue is in stake, moderators will contact the requestor directly.

I know there are a lot of listeners who agree fully with you, myself included, but members are entitled to request what they like as long as it is in the database.

So, yes this can be annoying, but no this is not an abuse.

I moved the thread to the playlist forum, please vote here if you think this soundtrack should be removed or not.

Based on how often we hear it on the stream (it's in the queue right now yet again!) I think it's abuse. There are many rare gems that have only been aired scarcely, and yet this atrocity plays hourly Crying or Very sad
Germany blablublaber
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*i still want these new f13 albums added:
part 7 to part 14 each a compilation of up to 20 silent very short tracks
Australia Ricsta
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 35732

Ricsta is offline View user's profile Send private message Ricsta's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchbat wrote:
Cutting songs hangs towards censorship and I don't think Jeric agrees with that.

Surely curation, rather than censorship? And if curation isn't the main goal of a niche station like SST, then what is? Do we not want the best of the best on the playlist, and keep the quality as high as possible?

I would not suggest removing F the 13th altogether, but I do notice that it gets very high (above average) rotation. Is there no way to increase the "cool-down timer" for requests for the same track from the same person?
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

How about removing at least a vocal track from this album?

I mean: "Sail Away Tiny Sparrow".
It's simply a pop song so not really part of the score

BTW: It stands out from the album in a negative way too since it is completely different kind of a soundscape Wink

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Admittedly I'm not familiar with that particular track (meaning I'd probably not even notice if it was gone... Very Happy ), but I'm against the removal of pretty much anything on SST's playlist.

There's someone out there who loves that track and will be sad to see it gone. Wink

Vocal tracks get a pretty uneven treatment anyway. Maybe it just feels that way, but I think there used to be a stricter "No Vocals Allowed" several years ago.
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 35732

Ricsta is offline View user's profile Send private message Ricsta's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed that the Friday 13th soundtracks were played so much because they were a favourite of an SST Mod/Admin/Founder and literally built in to the playlist software, and not a manual request.

At first, I was creeped out by it. But a few years later, I actually find it kinda cute. It gets played so often that you could argue that it's the mascot of the website. If the owners/admins of SST don't want that to be the case then they either need to throttle the album itself or the use who is spamming requests.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: