StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How did you get your nickname
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK Ecko
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 31504

Ecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Ecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:08 am   Post subject: Nickname Reply with quote

ECKO

Not a typo. Though I did originally see if I could be 'echo' (you know, the whole nickname in keeping with the 'sound' theme... lol). But 'Echo' was already taken.

Then, whilst randomly browsing the web, I came across a really funny picture of a gecko and it hit me -- Gecko. Rhymes with echo. Not only that, I actually keep a leopard gecko too, coolest little critter in the world he is. So, I typed in the nickname 'Gecko' to see if that was available... it wasn't. But that's when 'ecko' really stood out at me... Cool I thought, so I ran with it -- 'Ecko' the friendly gecko. Laughing

-- Ecko
UK Car_Park
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 33726

Car_Park is offline View user's profile Send private message Car_Park's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My username was supposed to be 'Par Cark' as I often say this by mistake when saying 'Car Park' .

But I typed the word correctly when signing up to SST.

The irony!! Smile
USA zgurl49
Commander
Commander

Member#: 15310

zgurl49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View zgurl49's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Car_Park wrote:
My username was supposed to be 'Par Cark' as I often say this by mistake when saying 'Car Park' .

But I typed the word correctly when signing up to SST.

The irony!! Smile

LOL I literally laughed out loud!
Cadet 2

Member#: 33866

Philipp82 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Philipp82's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the movie "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" a while ago and quite liked it, but I didn't know until recently that the Name was adopted by many dictionaries to describe some sort of daydreaming person.
Because of certain responsibilities I can't dream all day long but still I can identify with this name. Cool
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, there was originally the short story by that title, by James Thurber.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Walter_Mitty

I read it, and while it's not my thing, I hear it has everything over the movie version. You might check it out.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 3050

Bruiser is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Bruiser's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bruiser is the first thing I thought of when I signed up. I'm a recreational figure skater and I fall down and get bruised up a lot on the ice. Most people in chat call me bru, so I was considering changing it. I kind of wish I had thought it through a little better now.

I'm a girl, btw.
Lieutenant

Member#: 23654

olaziolek is offline View user's profile Send private message View olaziolek's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mine's easy.

when i was signing up i didn't think i'll be joining such a big community. and that i will take part in this community. so i just typed the usual login.

'olaziolek' is simply my name and last name but the sign-in chart won't allow me to use polish letters.
in reality it looks like this: ola ziółek [pronounced 'olah zhi-oo-wek'].

btw: i'm a girl [ola is a sweet name for aleksandra]

btw2: my mom sometimes calls me olaziolek. but she does these things to me. she's weird
Ensign

Member#: 34557

SkyAero is offline View user's profile Send private message View SkyAero's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a website called 'aeronautics' (It doesn't exists anymore btw), containing photo's I made from airplanes.

I used my website name on different (aviation-focused) discussion boards, but because of the length of the name, people started to call me 'aero'.

I adopted this name in computer games I played. But the name was often occupied and with the introduction of Windows 7 and the Aero desktop theme (which I loathe), I changed my name in SkyAero.
Canada Bryophyte
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 31259

Bryophyte is offline View user's profile Send private message View Bryophyte's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a biologist. When I became a member, I was writing a paper about the boreal forest and was starting the plant section. I thought Bryophyte sounded like a good name.

I'm a girl.
Ukraine Locutus76 VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5698

Locutus76 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Locutus76's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hard to guess. Best episode of TNG, most awesomenest protagonist AND antagonist : Locutus of Borg. And 76 is the year I arrived at/on Earth.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't post this here already? No? Okay... here goes.

I actually got my nickname from a coworker. When i was doing an apprenticeship in this small company, everyone there was drinking coffee. But i told them that i'm not gonna do any coffee cooking, so whomever does not wanna go make his own coffee, will just have to drink tea Cool
So everytime i'd actually make a round and offer tea to my coworkers, one of them would say: Here comes the Tea Fairy again Razz
When i left the company, i had converted half of my coworkers to tea.
Poland olaziolek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 23654

olaziolek is offline View user's profile Send private message View olaziolek's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

fee, you're dangerous
you have power over people
Ensign

Member#: 49361

Pez5069 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Pez5069's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my nickname from my sister who calls me Pez instead of Petra and the numbers are my age and the year of birth. Very Happy
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pez5069 wrote:
I got my nickname from my sister who calls me Pez instead of Petra and the numbers are my age and the year of birth. Very Happy

Oh, that makes sense for the number! The first part isn't right anymore, though. Razz

Also, I don't think I ever knew that bruiser and Bryophyte were female. Surprised
USA Quicksilver
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 12313

Quicksilver is offline View user's profile Send private message View Quicksilver's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was young, say 10-12 range, I had a solve-it-yourself book titled "Codename: Quicksilver" which was one of the last in that series of books which I loved. This leads me to occasionally use Quicksilver as a codename or filler content for things. Also because I was a geeky kid who thought mercury was a cool element & was fascinated with old alchemy. Fast-forward a few years to needing a screen name for a chat service (AIM maybe?) - I needed a name unrelated to my own, so Quicksilver it was. Then when I joined a forum I used it again so my friends would recognize me. Then another log in followed... So yeah, now it's just my default username.

(P.S. Avitar(s) are from a long-running forum video game based RPG where I played as Sarah Kerrigan, Serina and Chell - so I'm used to looking for them to identify my posts.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: