StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

WSA in Ghent with Doyle and Silvestri (24 october)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:51 am   Post subject: WSA in Ghent with Doyle and Silvestri (24 october) Reply with quote

This year edition of the World Soundtracks Awards has Alan Silvestri as main guest. Also Patrick Doyle gets an award so he should be there as well I assume.

People are interested in going? Me and hwh are.

More info: http://www.worldsoundtrackawards.com/en

Participants:

Is going / want tickets

Cal / hwh (yes)
OmeSjakie / Dutchbat (yes)
Birhar+1 (yes)
Joshrob and Hati + 2 (yes) (So yea 4 tickets)
Leina (yes)
Filmflip (yes)
SiriusCreations (no)

Mol (maybe going)

Last edited by Caliburn on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:51 pm; edited 10 times in total
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in going as well!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Poland SSTEvents
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 33081

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there, but probably joining the rest of the Academy members.
I know OmeSjakie is going too.
Poland SSTEvents

Member#: 33081

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here's something we we're all waiting for:
If all talks will work out well and ALL mentioned guest composers are willing to join our Meet & Greet this weekend of Oct.22-24 will become an SST European Gathering again.
More details will follow throughout the next months.

FIVE BRITISH COMPOSERS TO ATTEND FILM FEST GENT’S
GREAT BRITISH FILM MUSIC CONCERT

George Fenton will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Great British Film Music concert on October 22nd at Music Centre De Bijloke in Ghent. He will be attending the event joined by composers Michael Nyman, Patrick Doyle, Stephen Warbeck and Craig Armstrong as part of the Focus on British cinema of the 42nd Film Fest Gent (October 13 to 24, 2015).

The Great British Film Music concert will offer an anthology of the work of both classical and contemporary British film composers, who have made an abiding contribution to the reputation and popularity of cinema in the UK. Brussels Philharmonic will perform a selection of their finest compositions, conducted by Dirk Brossé.

Naturally the concert will include George Fenton’s scores for films by Ken Loach, a director with whom he established a long-standing collaboration. During his career Fenton also composed for Stephen Frears (‘Dangerous Liaisons’, ‘Mary Reilly’), Neil Jordan (‘The Company of Wolves’, ‘High Spirits’) and Richard Attenborough (‘Gandhi’, ‘Cry Freedom’) and will therefore also receive a Lifetime Achievement Award for his entire oeuvre. The work of Michael Nyman, including his mesmerizing music for Peter Greenaway’s films 'The Draughtsman’s Contract’ and ‘Drowning by Numbers’ will also be performed, as well as his hypnotic piano theme from Neil Jordan’s adaptation of Graham Greene’s novel ‘The End of the Affair’.

The Bard cannot be absent at a British film music concert so on that account Stephen Warbeck’s sublime music for ‘Shakespeare in Love’ as well as Patrick Doyle’s score for Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Much Ado About Nothing' will be two of the Shakespeare adaptations on the line up. As announced earlier, Patrick Doyle will also receive a Lifetime Achievement Award at the World Soundtrack Awards Ceremony & Concert on Saturday the 24th of October.

Craig Armstrong will attend the premiere of the concert performance of his music for Thomas Vinterberg’s Thomas Hardy adaptation ‘Far from the Madding Crowd', starring national pride Matthias Schoenaerts. Another concert premiere will be a composition by Alex Heffes for 'The Program', the latest film by Stephen Frears on fallen athlete Lance Armstrong. (Heffes' presence at the festival is still to be confirmed).

In addition to these British contemporary film composers there will be music included from classical composers such as Ralph Vaughan Williams, William Walton and legendary British composers of the sixties and seventies: John Barry (‘The Ipcress File’ and ‘The Knack’), Richard Rodney Bennett (‘Murder on the Orient Express’), Ron Goodwin (‘Where Eagles Dare’) and John Dankworth (‘Modesty Blaise’).

Artistic director Patrick Duynslaegher: "We are honoured that so many composers will attend the Great British Film Music concert and have expressed their appreciation for the consistent spotlight that Film Fest Gent chooses to shine on (the work of) film composers and their valued contribution to a film’s process.”

GREAT BRITISH FILM MUSIC CONCERT
Thursday, October 22nd 2015 in Music Center De Bijloke in Ghent. Music will be performed by Brussels Philharmonic and conducted by Dirk Brossé.

###

15th World Soundtrack Awards & Concert

Germany Birhar
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 25110

Birhar is offline View user's profile Send private message View Birhar's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to go there again this year. Not sure, whether I can make it, but I do surely hope so...
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

About time we start buying tickets?

hwh and I still wanna go.
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I participated in a crowdfunding project for Film Fest Gent (making an Alan Silverstri Album) which includes a ticket to the WSA. So I will have a ticket already.
Germany Birhar
Captain
Captain

aw

Birhar is offline View user's profile Send private message View Birhar's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Within the next couple of days, Boris and I will know for sure if we can come to Gent. We don't have tickets yet.

We are also interested in the Great British Film Music Concert on Thursday.
Who else wants to go there?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the main post. So people let me know if you want to go and are in need of tickets. I want to order them soonish.
Germany Birhar
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So now it's official: Boris and I will be going Very Happy
Would be great if you could get tickets for us, too, Cal. If this is a problem, please let me know.

What about the GREAT BRITISH FILM MUSIC CONCERT on Thursday? Anyone going there, too? Please let me know soon, as I don't know how many tickets there are still left and I would like to get them soon.

Is it possible for us to attend the press conference again this year?

Have you booked rooms in a hotel, yet? If so, which?

Looking forward to seeing you again, soon!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No we will not be going to that one. Our plan is probably to arrive friday late in the afternoon.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Among The World Soundtrack Awards being awarded annually to mark and celebrate outstanding achievements in scoring music for motion pictures and to honour other achievements and composers, there is also Public Choice Award.

Currently Public Choice voting is under way at WSA website.

You can vote for your fav score here:
http://www.worldsoundtrackawards.com/en/awards

Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I'm skipping WSA this year. No time to take care of this now. Maybe I'll join you unexpectedly there, but please don't wait for me with tickets.

Poland joshrob
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 30501

joshrob is offline View user's profile Send private message joshrob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Please count us (joshrob + hati) in as well. We just bought Ryanair tickets Smile

Which tickets are you planning to get? VIPs or some others?

Regards,
josh
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good news and sad news!

Shame you are not coming Mol, we meet next time!

And yay for Hati and Joshrob! What I have heard, the VIP is a waste of time. You are not going to come close to the composers. It is just a fancy party. And to be honest I prefer drinking Belgium beers with my SST friends. I have updated the top post. I will order the tickes in like day (maybe two)

I assume you folks are interested in me looking for a nice SST HQ.

Last edited by Caliburn on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: