StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Parental Advisory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany plus1
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 37063

plus1 is offline View user's profile Send private message View plus1's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchbat wrote:
Quote:
with the uprise of lots of younger composers , the quality of soundtracks is deminishing fast.

That sounds like because they are young, they automatically do lower quality work. I find that a bit drastic.
I totally agree with molossus in that there will always be good, mediocre and also bad representatives of any profession - regardless of age. Somehow the "older generation" seems to always have the impression that things have been better in their youth (which might, in fact only be a couple of years ago) and everything has gone downhill ever since. I somehow understand where this feeling is coming from, but I can not agree with it. Just as so many other things music always changes, produces new forms and patterns to express feelings. It would limit one's scope of experiences so drastically if one were to completely neglect any kind of music (or art in general) only because it is from a certain period or genre.
Therefore, I think it is not a good idea to look down on electronic music only because it is created in a less classic way. Obviously, it can be a machinised affair without much effort or emotion involved. But that is certainly true for some classic pieces as well (carelessly written for money and solely to suit the taste of the time). Electronic music can be just as exciting and emotional as any other genre. Because genre does not really matter. And at least with art age does not matter either.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone much cares about this anymore, but I just noticed in the album Rememory by Gregory Tripi, Track 4 should maybe be edited as "You F*cked Up My Head."

I don't feel super strongly about it, and I'm not willing to engage in an argument over it, but if an admin wanted to edit the track title, it would be in line with similar edits in the past.

Thanks!
Mr. Green

edit: added album link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: