StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Sherlock Holmes: A Musical Mind – London, 16 Aug 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:04 am   Post subject: Sherlock Holmes: A Musical Mind – London, 16 Aug 2015 Reply with quote

I ran across this at one of my Sherlock fandom spots. I cannot attend in person, alas, but I thought I'd post for those who might be interested:

BBC Proms 2015
Prom 41: Sherlock Holmes – A Musical Mind
15:30 Sunday 16 Aug 2015
Royal Albert Hall, London, UK
BBC Concert Orchestra with Barry Wordsworth, conductor

* Seats no longer available – but admission still possible, see below

The first ever BBC Prom dedicated to the world's greatest consulting detective

The Proms salutes a crime-fighting violin virtuoso who wrote a pioneering study of Dutch sacred music, tussled with a contralto from the Warsaw Opera, and used Offenbach to outwit a pair of jewel thieves.

Taking place on Sunday, August 16, 2015, Sherlock Holmes – A Musical Mind celebrates music that conjures up the world of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's famous creation: classical works directly referenced in the original stories alongside an array of music from the numerous film and TV scores written for him.

Classical pieces will include works by Paganini, Lassus, and Wagner which Conan Doyle tells us Holmes loved, and feature performances by mezzo-soprano Christine Rice, who will explore the repertoire of Holmes's nemesis, the opera singer Irene Adler. Featured screen adaptation music will include Miklós Rózsa's The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes and David Arnold and Michael Price's score for our favourite BBC series starring Benedict Cumberbatch.

To complete the package for Sherlock fans, special guest Mark Gatiss {co-creator of the BBC series & the actor who portrays Mycroft} will deliver readings from the original Conan Doyle stories live on stage.

Tickets are priced between £9.50 to £46 - you can book at the dedicated Prom page on the BBC website. However, if you miss out, there's another chance to see this one-of-a-kind concert, as an additional 1000 standing tickets will be available in person on the day of the concert, 16 August 2015.

The Prom will also be broadcast live on BBC Radio 3 on the day.

For more information see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/egnrzc
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

The recording of this program is now up & available for free listening from BBC iPlayer, here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b065wxfg

Their custom is to leave shows up for a month before pulling them from the site, so if you want to hear this concert you've only got 30 days!
The total show is over 2 hours long. The preview clip I listened to began with Hans Zimmer's score from the Robert Downey, Jr. films.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

O wow, A BBC broadcast that is not locked for viewing in the UK onyl.
Italy Xalira
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 25119

Xalira is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Xalira's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the case now for all audio content, while the video remains UK only. I'm surprised this wasn't filmed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: