StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Donations Lately
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah! Made the goal this month! Maybe we can get a playlist update while we're at it? (Fingers crossed!)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 2 days left of September and still $250 short... Not looking very good. Just saying...
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, the $500 donation goal hasn't been met for the last two or three months at least.

Not a good thing, I suppose.

A suggestion:
While you can see how much money is lacking for the current month, you can't tell if last month's goal was met unless you take the time to add it up for yourself.
If it said, for example, last month we (only) got $387.66 out of the $500 we need.... maybe it would motivate people to donate some more if they realized the goals hadn't been met.
Also maybe show the stats for the last three months and not only for the last months...?

Anyways.. is it just me or used the 'donation morale' to be better than it is now? Neutral
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "donation morale" is definitely a bit down. I don't know that nagging people about the low meter helps, but I don't have any other ideas.

Sometimes I think the community aspect of this site is less than it was. There seem to be fewer posts in the forums, for example, than a couple years back. Fewer people seem to be requesting; more often I think people just listen. So as a result, maybe they care less about the site.

I know I haven't been helping on the forum front. My job and kids keep me busier than I was even three years ago. And you know you're not a frequent member when your birthday goes by and no one requests for you. (Sniff.) But I do renew my VIP membership every year.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:

Sometimes I think the community aspect of this site is less than it was. There seem to be fewer posts in the forums, for example, than a couple years back. Fewer people seem to be requesting; (...) So as a result, maybe they care less about the site.

It's just my personal opinion (and maybe I'm wrong), but that's exactly what I think, too.

But it is important to remember that our proprietors also have growing kids and (as you would expect) the kids are more important to them than any radiostation. They have only 24 hours in a day as we all do, so sure enough their priorities influence the situation at SST.
As a result they still run the site (which already involves time, effort and money) but they probably care a bit less about it due to other commitments. And most of community members (and to some extent also other crew members) just follow proprietors' example, I guess.

I've had my moments when I contemplated stepping down as a moderator in recent years. I'm still here because my hope is that maybe in a few years time JERIC and BQ will be able to get back here with a little more time and mindfulness for the site. And I also hope that crew members and listeners will follow them. SST definitely has a potential to grow and change for the better.

LadyInque wrote:
But I do renew my VIP membership every year.

Thank you Lady! The number of VIPs has fallen a lot so it's really appreciated!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the community aspect of SST has suffered.
Sad... but it happens.
It's just my 'secret fear' that this site, or all the 24fm sites, will get shut down.
A lack of funding might hasten that decision along, especially when the proprietors have different priorities now.
So I was just trying to come up with some (admittedly not very brilliant Wink ) ideas that will push that sad, sad day as far into the future as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are not seeing the complete picture. I agree with the donation meter not being met at all times. And that worries me. That worries me a lot.

I spam my message at the end of a month for two reasons:

1) Hoping that visitors of this site will make a small donation

2) Make the visitors aware of possible ads in the future. So that they know why we would need them.

But I absolutely do not agree of the community suffering. I agree that the forum is not that busy anymore as like 5 years ago. But a lot of the communication have been shifted to other media. The chat is always busy in the mornings and facebook is also used a lot.

And do not forget the meetings we have during the year. We just had the WSA in Ghent where we had a lot of fun. With the Hans Zimmer concert coming in Europe more meetins will be organized.

I have met so many new friends all across the world through SST and I hope that I will meet many more in the future.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for those of us who can't go to Ghent or wherever, that leaves us out. I'm not on Facebook, so I guess it's my fault if I'm missing out on stuff.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to thank Sirius and all the other donors (but lotsly Sirius) for putting our meter so over the top this month! God bless us, everyone!
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravedigging here to thank the donors for this month, putting us over the top. Technically, there's still a day to go, so if anyone feels inclined to donate, I say go for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What takes a hit first if you keep missing your donation goal?
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SeabassG33! Welcome to SST!

I guess our proprietors' own money take a hit first.

However, donations are not the only source of income here.
People also support SST by buying their VIP status for example.
So I hope BQ & JERIC are able at least to break even when donation goal is being missed.

Poland martino VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I donated SST via PayPal yesterday. The amount has been showed up on my account but Donation Meter hasn’t been updated. Have you had such an issue?
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a running issue that JERIC is aware of. From what I've heard the reason of the problem can be on PayPal's end.

I'll let JERIC know about your donation and ask him to add your name to our thermometer manually (most of September 2021 donations were added manually as well).

Poland martino VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help, mol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: