StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What did you just watch? with mini review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TOMB OF LIGEIA

I've been practicing for Crimson Peak by watching some old horror movies which cover similar ground. This is the last of Roger Corman's Poe adaptations. It's surprisingly complicated in its plotting, especially since I fell asleep for about 10 minutes toward the end (long day; not a comment on the film) and got completely lost.

I find myself wondering if Vincent Price is a good actor. Has he ever been asked to play against type?
Poland martino VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Terminator Genisys and San Andreas
My mini review: waste of time and money.
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm aliiiive Very Happy and motivated to write some reviews! (at least about the movies, that i remember watching lately Very Happy)

1) Inside out

It's colourful! It has laughs, it has tearjerkers, it has those wildly deep moments that are definitly not made for kids. It's a pixar movie and therefore by default pretty good. Nice coming of age story, but nothing special in my opinion.

7/10

2) The Martian

First off: i have not read the book. (that is to say... i have read it by proxy: +1 reads and tells me all about it afterwards Wink ) But from what i understand this movie actually managed to stay pretty true to the book. I liked Matt Damons acting, i liked the balance between drama and sciency detachment (i was told that the drama was missing a bit from the book), i liked that the sciency part seemed both plausible and understandable to my limited mind Wink

8/10

3) The diary of a teenage girl

This movie was not actually bad, but very very disturbing to me.
Admittedly, in context to the 1970s views on drug use and sexuality the movie might even be accurate, which makes it even more scary to me. The movie is about a 15 year old girl (insert teenage angst here) and her struggle with her newfound sexuality. Coming of age movie?! kind of... still it actually gave me nightmares.

How i liked the movie: 3/10
How good the movie actually was in terms of quality: 8/10

I am not sure if i am oversensitive to the topic, or if the movie was really THAT good to make me suffer this much.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

CRIMSON PEAK

Yay! Finally made it out for a movie with my husband. I was super excited about this movie, but all along, I knew I would probably be disappointed. I have that history with Guillermo del Toro movies; if you search back in this thread, you'll see how incredibly lukewarm I was about Pan's Labyrinth.

This movie also disappointed me, but I think that's because it wasn't what I wanted it to be. So before I completely decide on it, I need to watch it again, on its own terms. Don't know when that'll be.

PACIFIC RIM
So, this GDT joint was on TV, so I taped it and watched it. I wasn't disappointed, because I expected nothing.

This is a stupid movie, and there's nothing wrong with that. Basically, "Tyrannosaurs in F14s." (Google it.) I am still shocked by the maleness of this movie. Seriously, there's like, 3, female characters with any lines. But it was entertaining.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to work I haven't seen much movies lately, but a flight to Los Angeles gives you some time to actually use the screen in front of you.

1. Noi e la Giulia
Not overdone comedy about 3 losers who end up starting a B&B in the midst of mob land. Nice soundtrack by Gianluca Misiti. 7/10
2. Rendez-vous
Dutch movie with the lead actor from "Oorlogswinter" also about a couple that wants to change their inherited French ruin into a B&B (popular subject)
Drama when female protagonist falls for looks of constructor. 6.5/10
Score, albeit not much, by Merlijn Snitker
3. The man from U.N.C.L.E. Yes! Great score with this film adaptation of a popular '60's/'70's TV-series.
Cold war spies (1 USA, 1 Russian) need to cooperate to get a daughter from nuclear scientist out of Berlin. Predictable dialogues but with authentic feel.
4. Gangnam 1970 Korean movie about two tugs getting involved by political scheme to buy the land in the Gangnam region to expand Seoul.
Score by Yeong-Wook Cho 5/10

All images provided by Soundtrack.net

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA SportsFan800 VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 23771

SportsFan800 is offline View user's profile Send private message View SportsFan800's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Don't worry Spoiler Free Smile

Ten years have passed since we saw the last Star Wars movie. For many die hard fans the wait has been over 30 years since the end of Return of the Jedi. Many of them very disappointed the way the prequels had turned out but for me I was just glad that another Star Wars film was back on the big screen.

The Force Awakens brings back that nostalgia feeling the original films did while not going too overboard with it. Director J.J. Abrams does a great job in introducing all the new characters and taking us with them in a new epic adventure. Of course it wouldn't be Star Wars without being accustomed to familiar faces such as Han, Leia, and Chewie and of course C3PO and R2. But wait isn't Luke supposed to be in it? Well that's what you need to see for yourself. Wink

The actions scenes were nothing short of amazing as you would expect. Again not gonna spoil it but the last quarter of the film really took this film to another level and I think you'll love it. Blend in a handful of humorous moment with spectacular scenic shots and maestro John Williams brilliance, The Force Awakens brings in new life in a big way to this epic saga that first began in 1977. Disney took a chance in buying George Lucas' space opera and it appears it has payed off well. Kudos to Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy in bringing the world of Star Wars back to its fans.

Lastly If I had to rank The Force Awakens among the rest of the films, I would have to put it at three right behind Empire Strikes Back and a New Hope. Now we eagerly await Episode VIII in 2017! Should be fun.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

KIRK CAMERON'S SAVING CHRISTMAS

I can't help myself. I know these movies will offend me, but at least they should be funny. This one wasn't really either. It's not made very well. It's barely over an hour long, and that's with the star spending a 4-minutes prologue explaining what the movie is about. I can't really recommend (hate-)watching it.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Staying over in Newark, UK on Christmas Eve made me go to:

The necessary and forced ending of a trilogy.
More reflective and focussing on the relationships than action cues.
Therefore the JNH score was interesting to hear.
But it couldn't help the movie enough: 5.5/10

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so being reflective is a good thing. I agree. I will probably watch that movie eventually, since I watched the rest and read the books. But to be honest, it's not my favorite series.

BAMBOOZLED
This was on cable, so I taped it, because I was curious. This tells the story of a television writer who is tired of all the crap he gets, being the only African-American writer at the station where he works. Because his contract won't let him quit, he decides to get fired. He pitches a minstrel show, complete with blackface, hoping that the concept will be so offensive he'll be fired. But it's believed to be a satire, and (surprising no one whose seen this) it becomes a hit.

I wanted to like this movie. Parts of it are clever. But some parts don't make sense. I don't get the main character's accent. Do people talk like that? Why? Some parts of the movie are funny (they shouldn't be, but I think that's the point) but then, somewhere around the half-way mark, it gets really serious. The ending comes out of nowhere. It's not tonally of a piece with the rest of the film. I think it's supposed to make you feel bad? guilty? shocked? but it didn't me. In the end, I don't think it worked as satire.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

IN THE HEART OF THE SEA.

I think it wouldn't be a movie of choice if it wasn't for the score of Baños.
The story is taken from the novel by the same name adapted in the script to be the inspiration for "Moby Dick"
Score indeed added to the movie but yet again another surviving in a little boat on the ocean doesn't get me warm for a movie anymore.
Ron Howard, director, did a good job with production but that couldn't save it. 6.5/10

Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Star Wars VII (twice)

I didn't like the female lead... too mary-sue-ish for my tastes. But the Bad Guy has some potential, and i think they opened up a few plot points here and there that could be interesting to develop in the next movies.

All in all it gave me a bit of a "Lets do everything exactly like in EP4, but NEW" vibe. It was nice and nostalgic, but nothing terribly unexpected. I'd vote 7/10
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some problems with dismissing a character as a "Mary Sue." It's a term that is almost always derogatory, and almost always applied to female characters. Especially the competent ones.
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

But is it competent to Spoiler:
set a foot in a spaceship for the first time and totally be able to fly it and know all about the mechanics of said ship and how to fix everything
, or is that maybe a tad too easy?

Spoiler:
and let's not talk about her incredibly intuitive grasp of the force... other jedi train that for years... Kylo Ren has trained it for quite some time, and still she resists him by the force of pure stubbornness...
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Spoiler:
her ability to fix anything makes perfect sense. She's a scavenger. It's her job to know all about tech, especially tech from spaceships. She has to know what works, and fix what doesn't if she can, or she doesn't eat. She's been doing it most of her life, it seems, so her abilities there don't surprise me. And if Luke Skywalker can be such a hotshot pilot growing up dusting crops, there's nothing surprising to me about Rey's abilities.

As for Spoiler:
her force abilities, she's obviously being set up as some sort of chosen one, probably descended from chosen ones. She clearly is in love with the idea of Jedi and the Force, so maybe she's been practicing this for years. If she's the Kwizatz Haderach, all bets are off. Kylo Ren resists because he's a twitchy git. She's not. Remember that a young Anakin Skywalker had some force sensitivity, too, because chosen one. He could fly a fighter plane before his bar mitzvah, and no one called him a Mary Sue.
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

no... what we call anakin does not comply with the SST family-friendly-rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 63 of 66

Jump to: