StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

"Friday The 13th" tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

What should we do?
Remove the album completely
32%
 32%  [ 15 ]
Remove tracks from the album
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Leave it as it is
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
Other (you can specify in your post)
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 46

USA Jostanos
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 35067

Jostanos is offline View user's profile Send private message View Jostanos's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
Any chance for removing some of the tracks from the album? Or at least for breaking that 11 min. piece into smaller parts?

I agree. We should break the 11 /\/\in. piece into s/\/\aller parts.

It /\/\ay be a good idea to break so/\/\e of the other albu/\/\'s long pieces into shorter ones unless the track in question is listed as a 'short' or 'long version.
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what Bruiser wrote.

Personally I hate most of the Disney songs. I feel sick listening them. so I have to use the mute button. I can live with that. SST diversity is an advantage. I have to admit I found F13 even interesting. However listening to this for a long time would be a little tiring Twisted Evil
Poland DallasTreado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 30449

DallasTreado is offline View user's profile Send private message DallasTreado's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday the 13th tracks are the type of track that keeps me from using SST as a radio station when guests are over. It may also be the kind of track that would keep a store from playing it as their radio station. For me, they are absolutely unlistenable, but the rules are as they are. As it is, tracks from these albums seem to be in unlimited supply.

I would enjoy it more if such tracks were considered "seasonal" and could only be requested around an actual Friday the 13th or as Halloween approaches. Same goes for Christmas music in July.

I can understand the reason for the rules not changing, but albums can and have been removed from the playlists before, have they not?
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If the music on the album isn't good, and isn't listenable (which is different than just "some people don't like it") then why not remove it? I don't think there's a bylaw at SST which says they have to own or keep everything. I can think of at least one album that was never added to the playlist because it was "drivel," and at least one album that was removed for not being in line with what this station is about.

The "seasonal" idea is an interesting one, if it can be implemented. I wonder what response we'd get from Resist_All if we did any kind of tweak to the album.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the seasonal idea from DT as well.
Remind you all that there are more albums similar to F13.
And sometimes even 'regular' scores have unlistenable tracks.

I think we should not be more holy than the Pope and get rid of tracks that don't attribute to the overall listening experience of SST with all its diversity.

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents: I also really hate those F13 tracks, and am very annoyed that what's-his-name has just kept requesting them down the list for years on end. But I still don't like the idea of removing the album for this reason only. Like Cal said, s/he's not breaking any rules, no matter how annoying it might be. On the other hand, if it's decided that the album should be removed because, well, the music isn't any good, then I would support that decision.

I once offered to donate Kodo's soundtrack to the ninja action film "The Hunted," and was turned down because it was largely atmospheric, and I was OK with that decision.

Similarly:

LadyInque wrote:
I can think of at least one album that was never added to the playlist because it was "drivel," and at least one album that was removed for not being in line with what this station is about.

If memory serves, LadyI, it might have been I who called one of your album requests "drivel," but I do hope it wasn't my opinion alone that caused the album not to be added. Embarassed

The seasonal idea is interesting, but I imagine it would be a pain to implement, along with all the Christmas-y albums.

Mr. Green
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, yeah, I think that was you, Luther_III. It's cool. I own the album and don't listen to it that much these days, so, as I said... yeah.
Poland DallasTreado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 30449

DallasTreado is offline View user's profile Send private message DallasTreado's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:40 pm   Post subject: still finding this unlistenable Reply with quote

Still find this dreadful. The guy requesting this is trolling us.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I might agree with you. Still, as trolling goes, I've seen worse. Playing dreadful music once an hour (or less) hardly breaks a man's leg or picks his pocket, as Jefferson might say.

Perhaps the individual in question is lonely. Could starving that one of further attention be possible/productive?
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I expect to be around to listen to it, I will always add a Dr Who track to the queue. This isn't a matter of trolling, just a reflection of my preferences.

I don't have a problem with the Friday 13th tracks .... I usually don't even notice them.

But if you want to restrict those who over-play something, let's go after all those folks who insist on multiple Star Wars & Star Trek requests every day ........
(okay, that last comment might be quite a bit trollish Wink )
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I don't care. Let him have his weird fun. We all have our quirks.. There's lots of music we don't like but for that there's always the mute button.
Germany plus1
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 37063

plus1 is offline View user's profile Send private message View plus1's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Please correct me if I get something wrong here, but isn't hearing new/strange/weird/other stuff part of the fun at sst? If you wanted to listen to a collection of your personal favourites you surely could use your media library or a non-community-based site.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, of course that's the point. But once you've heard the new thing, and decided you didn't like it, it can get tedious. Especially when it seems like someone is requesting it just to be a pain. I don't think it's entirely fair to write off people's complaining about this soundtrack (which is pretty, well, tedious) as resistance to something new and different.

Then again, if Resist_All is requesting this because that one truly loves the movie or the soundtrack, then maybe this is all sour grapes. Of course, if Resist_All were any kind of presence on this site aside from these requests, it's be easier to know how to respond.
USA Quicksilver
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 12313

Quicksilver is offline View user's profile Send private message View Quicksilver's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is, it's not even Resist_All's most requested album. And some of the F13 tracks are fine. For me it's about the same hit/miss rate as the commercials, forbidden zone or tv themes.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea... so Resist_All is a Death.fm RIP. I knew I remembered that name from somewhere! Laughing
I really don't know what his deal with the SST requests is... but if people want to catch a real Resist_All for explanations and stuff, they'll have to head over to Death.fm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: