StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Filmmusiktage in Halle/Germany October 29th 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:19 am   Post subject: Filmmusiktage in Halle/Germany October 29th 2016 Reply with quote

While cleaning up I found the ad for the Filmmusiktage in Halle this year at the end of October. For those of you who where in Krakow, it was given to me by one of the panelists at the talk, where SST was also present. Unfortunately their final programm has not been announced yet, the theme translates into something like "Fabulously French".
According to their website http://www.filmmusiktage.de/2016/ (unfortunately only in german) there seems to be a gala concert on saturday 29th of october and an award ceremony the evening before. It looks like there are also some workshops during the week before, but no details on that are available yet.

is somebody interested in joining me there? Tickets for the concert cost around 30-40€ depending on the category.
Netherlands filmflip
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12781

filmflip is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website filmflip's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who don't speak fluent German there's Movies in Concert with info on the concert.
http://www.moviesinconcert.nl/index.php?page=view&id=15525

Later we expect more info directly from the organizer of Filmmusiktage Sachsen-Anhalt
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

gee... they still didn't manage to put up a programm? I'd be really interested in going, but i won't pay german ticket prices without knowing what i'll get.
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, there has been a change of plans for me, looks like I will not go to Halle this fall. They have added some more program points though, which are all during the week, but no further details concerning the gala concert so far. Maybe next year, when it fits hopefully better into my schedule.
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well at least there is some kind of programm now. I am still considering the gala concert on saturday... hmm
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

update: turns out we are going to the gala concert on 29th Very Happy
is anyone interested in joining us?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol birthday present?
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

nope... just a well timed decision Very Happy
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:46 am   Post subject: Review :) Reply with quote

Alright… so in case anyone is interested I have decided on doing a bit of a review on the “Filmmusiktage” in Halle. We have actually only been to the Gala concert, so I cannot tell you much about the rest of the Festival, but that’s more than nothing, right?

The whole Festival had the subtitle “Ziemlich fabelhaft französisch” (which means “pretty fabulous French” and contains an allusion to the” Intouchables” and “Amelie”) and in correspondence to that title, nearly all the music played was either by French guys or for French movies. What disappointed me a bit is that neither of the movies in the subtitle was actually played. There was a LOT of music I had never heard before, all of it really beautiful and stuff, but I would have really enjoyed recognizing at least something of the music. The concert was broadcasted live to the German radio, so I’m not sure if the lack of “popular” film music had actually something to do with broadcasting fees or something.

Another thing that I noticed was, that all the chosen music was (in correspondence with the music the MDR usually makes...) very classically orientated. I remember this one Guy from the MDR at the workshop in Krakow mentioning, that they wanted to “lure in the German listeners to classical music with film music”. And that is pretty much how this evening felt. If you were geared up for some nice classically orientated film music, you definitely got what you asked for. The Orchestra did a great job (even though I think I wouldn’t work well with the conductors style myself…), the vocalist (Constance Amiot) had an AMAZING voice (and did the French-purr-sinning wonderfully)and the pieces played were interesting and diverse (aside from the previously mentioned general theme of “classically orientated”). Also there were quite a few interesting people for Guests: Eric Serra, Klaus Doldinger, Stephen Warbeck, Constance Amiot and Laurent Eyquem (who did a world premiere of his current project).

Track list:

Pacific 231 by Arthur Honegger

Fahrenheit 451 by Bernard Herrmann

Suite from Ich und Kaminski by Lorenz Dangel (world premiere)
Die Apachen von Paris – a silent movie which the masterclasses of the festival created a soundtrack for this year.

Arthur and the Invisibles by Eric Serra

Miniatures (from Le Roi et l’Oiseau) by Wojciech Kilar

Perdre and Les jours by Constance Amiot

Georges Delerue en concert (from The last Metro, Jules and Jim and others) by Georges Delerue

---- Intermission ----

Suite No.1 “The Price of History” (from Copperhead, Winnie and others) by Laurent Eyquem (world premiere)

Les Choses de la Vie by Philippe Sarde

Shakespeare in Love – Suite for orchestra by Stephen Warbeck

Cantilene (from Die Frau, die im Wald verschwand) by Klaus Doldinger

Ascenseur pour L’échafaud (from Elevator to the Gallows) by Miles Davis

Symphonic Tatort by Klaus Doldinger
(…which was the closest we came to “popular” soundtracks… all the German TV watchers were pretty happy, but since I have never seen a single episode of Tatort I didn’t get much out of it.)

La Mer – Beyond the Sea (which is in lots of movies) by Charles Trenet

Il clan dei siciliani by Ennio Morricone

Les feuilles mortes (from les portes de la nuit) by Joseph Kosma/Jacques Prevert

Ballade de Johnny Jane (from je t’aime moi non plus) by Serge Gainsbourg

And that’s it…. They also did an encore, but I didn’t recognize it of course… (it sounded pretty german polka-ish to me though…)

Overall I would very much recommend attending the Filmmusiktage next year. (And I’m not even getting paid to say this…) Especially if you are the brand of SST member who does enjoy something other than Hans Zimmer once in a while Very Happy Besides… Halle has this wonderful Japanese restaurant. You guys should go there!
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review. Thank you Fee!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for your review Fee, reminds me a bit of a concert I attended in Weimar, where they also started with classic scores of Korngold and Bernstein, propably with the same intention. I hope I can join in next year, when birthday and stuff is (hopefully) not on a single weekend-rolleyes- Did they mention any date for next year?
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think they did, dan... But with how the information flow was for this event, i don't expect any dates to be set before the FMF next year...
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the review Dtf, I would have loved to go there and meet with my friend Laurent again but work in Berlin prohibited that (and that's already so close)
For the true soundtrack lover it is a great program and I made a Spotify playlist to give it a listen.
For next year on my wish list even if the organization don't want us to advertise there.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loosely planning on going again next year as well. Not sure yet how the dates are gonna plan out.

But I am not really suprised they wouldn't want a radiostation advertizing on their event, since it is basically organized by the german radiostation for classical music (and soundtracks etc.). So loosing their listeners to us might not be high on their list of priorities. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: