StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

"Friday The 13th" tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

What should we do?
Remove the album completely
32%
 32%  [ 15 ]
Remove tracks from the album
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Leave it as it is
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
Other (you can specify in your post)
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 46

dalandis
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9583

dalandis is offline View user's profile Send private message View dalandis's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think this is a case of spamming the queue. Why not pull the soundtrack off for a month and see if Resist_All finally speaks up about it? Or definitely add a phantom 3 second silent track to the album and see if it gets requests from Resist_All. The experiment would not take long to see results. We have to hear that soundtrack 3 or 4 times a day. Hey... years ago I used to request a pop song track a lot and that was pulled off the system and no one ever worried about MY feelings. But I can't believe more of you don't believe we are being played by some auto request function.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, can we do that phantom track thing? That sounds clever and game-like and I'm curious to see what would happen.

If it is a bot, then adding in one phantom track for every real track would cut the requests in half.

dalandis, what track did you keep requesting?
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9583

dalandis is offline View user's profile Send private message View dalandis's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LadyInque! I used to love to request a track off of Treasure Planet by the Goo Goo Dolls. It was called I'm Still Here. And I'm not even a big fan of the Goo Goo Dolls, but that POP song was such an integral scene in the movie and it struck me really hard. I know that SST can't be filled with pop songs, but that one was linked to the movie HARD. Seemed like a track that SST would allow because of its relationship with the movie. But it was YANKED. And yet, we have someone or something playing tracks that all sound the same from the same soundtrack, over and over and probably 90% of the listeners hit MUTE about 3 times a day? That seems more spammy than I ever was considering my track could only be played like once a week. And I don't want people to tell me they appreciate all the nuance differences between the musical stylings of each and every Resist_All request. They all sound identical and feature more CHHH CHHH CHH HAAA HAAA HAA than actual music.

Sorry... this turned into a rant.

Oh look! A resist_all track is playing RIGHT NOW as I type this! What a surprise! An entire queue filled with SAM and one "real" request from resist_all and shock upon shock... it is a Friday the 13th track! Amazing diversity there sir or madam or bot. Bravo.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay to rant a little, dalandis. I've felt a similar frustration in the past, myself.
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 45781

shawtyguy21 is offline View user's profile Send private message shawtyguy21's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"Friday The 13th" is like harlem shake. Like no sense at all but it's popularity raise the roof in all bars. So I guess this songs need some RIP. I guess the the song writter need some rest or time off. Let's call it a day
Babythirdy042115
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 45849

Babythirdy042115 is offline View user's profile Send private message Babythirdy042115's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

some of them consider it as music to their ears. haha
ThreeJayWereMy...
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 45185

ThreeJayWereMyGateway is offline View user's profile Send private message ThreeJayWereMyGateway's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:20 pm   Post subject: Please do something Reply with quote

Hi, this is my first comment here. I listen to SST probably since 2013 or 2014 and there never was a reason for me to even check out this forum. I have discovered some of the greatest soundtracks of my collection via this station and everything was quite alright most of the time. But a year ago I created a dedicated "1-touch-SST-listening-algorithm" that allows me to launch the station on my home system whenever I enter my house with just one click. This basically means that I listen to SST way more often. This also means that I listen to F13 way more often. And unfortunately I have to also request to have this score banned. It is absolutely annoying and I hate it more than I hate ANY other soundtrack. (It just came on. I can't belive it. It's playing RIGHT NOW).
Please make this go away by whatever means necessary. The idea of allowing everyone to chose the playlist is awesome but this soundtrack is just so horrendously obnoxious that I am actually considering changing the station. I know, big whoop, some rando won't listen any more but since I found this threat easily I assume that there are many others who think similarly. Please help us!
Poland DallasTreado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 30449

DallasTreado is offline View user's profile Send private message DallasTreado's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

After not going online here for months and months, I return and it is the same. Every hour at least one variation of "cheee-cheee-cheee-pa-pa-pa". This is what keeps me from listening on a regular basis. I loathe it with a perfect loathing.
pizzerus
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 45164

pizzerus is offline View user's profile Send private message pizzerus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read all the responses in this discussion. They are predominantly from people who a) don’t like hearing tracks from F13 b) users tolerating the tracks on the principle that banning either the albums or the user is setting a precedent.

Some replies have defended the requesters taste and given examples of songs they don’t like hearing.
Yes, no one likes all tracks. Everyone has listened to tracks the don’t care to hear again. People have preferences. This argument adds nothing.

True, there is a strong bias in the most Requested, Favourite & Rated Albums. And this is where F13s stand out as a problem.
At the time of posting, Friday The 13th Part 1 - Harry Manfredini (13,437 times) is the top requested Album on this site. http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Top100&type=requestedalbums
It has been requested more than the next two most requested albums combined.

Some have pointed out the variety, discovery and surprise of SST is what keeps them here. If you listen for an hour you will have discovered F13. Replaying the same sounds so frequently reduces the variety of tracks on this site.

Most people in this thread are not fans of these sounds. Which is reflected by users who engage with the site to rate and favourite.
The album does not appear in the Top 100 Highest Rates Albums on the site http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Top100&type=ratedalbums

It is not in the Top 100 Favourite Albums http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Top100&type=favoritealbums

How can the most requested album not even be in the 100th most rated or most favourited? The album is Ranked #6584.

There is something wrong with this.

The tracks on this album have been played 13,534 times. But it is worse than that. It is not one album. There are two other F13 albums being played.
Listeners are almost guaranteed to hear one of these tracks when they tune in.

While writing this post F13 tracks have played 3 times.
Friday The 13th Part 6: Jason Lives- Cort And Nikki Check Wire
Friday The 13th Part 6: Jason Lives - Megan Balances Business With Pleasure
Friday The 13th, The Series - Suite From "Symphony In B Sharp"

The site is allowing the preference of one user dominate what all other users hear. To the people defending this and projecting their defense on this person. The user has not come to publicly defend their actions. Therefore, it is reasonable to stop their requests. Do you even know if this person is listening to every track they request? This may be the aural equivalent of someone hitting all the buttons on an elevator and not getting in.

This is not a matter of taste but of nuisance.

The enjoyment of so many should not be ruined by the self-interest of this one person.

The reason I am against hearing F13 so frequently is the soundtrack is designed to make you feel uncomfortable. I do not like hearing it. It hurts my hears. It does not make me feel good.
I check the queue list for F13 and if I see it next up, I find an OST on YouTube and listen there for a while. If I am running, I take the earbuds out for two kilometers – yes because some of the tracks are that long.

In a Pavlovian way, I associate these soundtracks with SST. It is sad, SST == F13.

To the site administrators, you must ask, do you want people turning off or muting your service every hour or so?

Question

PS
Friday The 13th Part 6: Jason Lives - Sissy, is 9th in the queue
Poland martino VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

pizzerus wrote:
How can the most requested album not even be in the 100th most rated or most favourited? The album is Ranked #6584.

Most SSTers hate F13, so they gave a poor rating for it. They request a lot of various albums, but Resist is focused on this particular one, actually. 122 tracks muliplied by 111 give 13542 (my forecast for tomorrow). Well, some people try to block F13 picking Manfredini's tracks from the other album. The problem is there is not enough Manfredini different than F13 Rolling Eyes ... or Resist is quicker
USA Finnster VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 29607

Finnster is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Finnster's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find interesting is that Resist hasn't even commented on this thread. I have also had the thought he is a bot, but I was assured he has been in chat before.

Also, I request a LOT of World of Warcraft and SIM City 3k (607 does the same for that one) and we aren't chastised for it at all. In fact, one of the longer running typo jokes came from the WoW-ness.

Anyway, I think removing the album would set a precedent we would not want here. I don't like the album. At all. I just say "Oh I see Resist is at it again." mute the station and go on about my day.

I think putting numerous blank tracks in the track listing would prove that Resist is either a bot or human. If the tracks get skipped after their first play, then Resist is human ... I would think.

Anyway, that is my $.02 here.
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone could offer to buy the F13 collection and send it to our friend Resist_All as a gift, as long as they would only stop requesting it methodically ad infinitum. They can listen to it whenever they want; the rest of us don't have to. Win-win. We could even take up donations. It's the Christmas season after all.

Mr. Green
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 29607

Finnster is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Finnster's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad idea ... but if he IS a bot, then we still have the issue.

It's how do we figure out if Resist is a bot or not.
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

you can check the death.fm page, he is much more active there. also he requests other songs/albums from time to time, among them a favourite song of mine (probably unintentional Very Happy) I took a screenshot, but we all know, that if F13 original is blocked, other F13 albums are being requested. And around halloween more horror albums were requested as well. Alos, what bot wqould get a VIP-status??? this year already twice!
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnster wrote:

Also, I request a LOT of World of Warcraft and SIM City 3k (607 does the same for that one) and we aren't chastised for it at all. In fact, one of the longer running typo jokes came from the WoW-ness.

Hmm, not to sure about that similarity. I intentionally only request one SC3K track a day, and I also request lots of other stuff.

Finnster wrote:
Not a bad idea ... but if he IS a bot, then we still have the issue.

It's how do we figure out if Resist is a bot or not.

There is a person behind Resist. To add to what dan mentioned: if I recall correctly, he has even participated in chat. On Halloween of 2019 he requested a bunch of non-Halloween related tracks too, probably as a joke.
However, it is well possible that he has set up a bot to request for him, as the requests are so consistent whenever he is online.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: