StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What was your last non-soundtrack CD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed an album from which I had already bought two tracks from a Telemann concerto.

Virtuosi Saxoniae led by Güttler is a nice ensemble with great solo players who understand the barok music well.
Different registrations from their concerts from the ' 90's on this album containing works by Telemann,WF Bach, JC Bach, Pisendel,and Förster.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Next up since my recent visit to a huge Rotterdam library:

The new album by Dominican Republic singer Juan Luis Guerra.
"Todo tiene su hora"
Always great lyrics and hipswaying rhythyms.
Third album of him and his group 4:40 in my collection. This album particularly has the feel of the '70's french group Michel Fugain & le Big Bazar.
Fun listening experience.

Germany plus1
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 37063

plus1 is offline View user's profile Send private message View plus1's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got VNV Nation's latest album "resonance".
It has Ronan Harris team up with the Filmorchester Babelsberg orchestra and
together they present some of the band's best songs in accoustic arrangements.

Even though some of the songs might lack a bit of the drive and power of the electronic originals,
the orchestral rendition adds an incredible amount of depth and emotion to every piece.
Also, all the songs are played rather slow, which might require some getting used to, especially if you're familiar with the originals,
but it further adds to the emotionality, too.

What I particularly like about the album is its somewhat dramatic arrangement: it begins with good songs and steadily increases in awesomeness up to an incredible climax.

I am really looking forward to hearing all of it played live in October.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

During a midnight drive I encountered an interview with the new Professor Harmonica for the Rotterdam conservatory.
As I had heard more of her jazz work earlier (opening act on the North Sea Jazz festival last year) I was surprised when I heard her new album which is a sort of crossover with classic and folk. The review I put here couldn't say it better:

She's regarded as the 'new' Toots Thielemans.
Great relaxing music and to listen to with a good whiskey or wine.

Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My newest addition! My orchestra performed this piece. It is absolutely stunning. If you are curious we have it over at http://adagio.fm

Poland martino VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

In A Time Lapse by Ludovico Einaudi

Outstanding album! I bought it because of "Experience". I heard this piece in Xavier Dolan's "Mommy" and I couldn't get it out of my head. Not the original soundtrack, but so far half of tracks (according to imdb) have been used in films, so maybe there is a chance to have this album in the SST library Wink Anyway, Einaudi proves, you don't need a big symphony orchestra to play music full of power and emotions.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the album because it contains a recording of the entire last scene of Rubenstein's The Demon, about which I was very curious. I'm also hoping that my purchase will magically keep him healthy until I get to see him in April. Oddly enough, he's the second baritone with brain cancer I've liked. The other guy seems to be doing okay.

Buying the CD means that I have an actual paper booklet, so I'm not reading on the monitor, which I hate, and thus I am free to indulge the other pleasure this is giving me: deciphering Russian.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman's latest offering, Braver than we Are. I won't mince words: it's terrible.

I think everyone here knows how much I like Steinman. But Meat is in his 60s, and his voice is shot. I don't think he ever learned how to take care of it, and given the kind of singing he does, it's no surprise. But this album is almost entirely songs that I've heard elsewhere, done better. Bonnie Tyler's "Loving You's A Dirty Job" is perhaps a bit '80s-cheesy, but it sounds great. The demos from Dance of the Vampires give you better versions of "Braver than we Are," and are floating around the internet for free.

I don't know who this album is for. Real fans have heard better from these songs, and Meat's voice isn't going to win any converts at this point. The songs have an underproduced, demo-like sound. The only good thing is the female background singers. They're awesome. I'd love an album of just them, but then again, I own one. It's called Original Sin by Pandora's Box, it's awesome, and you should just buy that and pretend this doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing research for my review site and came across this Bach piece. I am not into classical music but sometimes I hear a gem like this.

Commander
Commander

aw

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To revive the thread ... It's hard to find new film music composed by Vangelis, so I bought his other works:
Rosetta, a last year released album inspired by space travel (the Rosetta space probe mission, launched in 2004);
Oceanic, a very relaxing old stuff for ... dreaming Wink

Commander
Commander

aw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Elements by Ludovico Einaudi (2015 Deluxe Edition CD+DVD)

He hasn't released anything for 2 years Sad ... I missed his concert this year Crying or Very sad ... so at least I bought it ... absolutely amazing! Cool as usual
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a terrible week, so I am treating myself. The sacred music goes nicely with Lent, and it reminds me of all the religious and folk music I sang with my choir in high school. I figure this is what we were supposed to sound like.
Commander
Commander

aw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Jóhann Jóhannsson Sad
Englabörn (2007)
Orphée (2016)
StanDike
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 46118

StanDike is offline View user's profile Send private message StanDike's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, he made some of the best music, ever!
Commander
Commander

aw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Torrek by Torrek (Atli Örvarsson's band)
Irish and Icelandic folk elements under the umbrella of cinematic electronica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: