StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Request to remove a track/album from SAM requests
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:25 am   Post subject: Request to remove a track/album from SAM requests Reply with quote

In order to improve the stream quality we also want to improve the quality of what SAM is playing when people are not requesting. We have made some improvements but may be it needs some finetuning of certain albums/tracks that should not be played. It is possible to move these albums/tracks to a region where SAM will not pick from them. (They can move out again if people start requesting from it)

Please note that taste is a very personal thing! There are tracks you like that others do not and the otherway around. The argumentation needs to be very convincing to be removed from the SAM requests. Keep in mind this does not mean we remove the album or track from our library.

If you have an album/track you want to be removed from the SAM request please specify it in this thread. Only requests with a good argumentation will be considered.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you move the "Christmas" albums out of SAM's reach until Nov/Dec? We had Santa Claus is Coming to Town yesterday from Elf. I realize trying to find every "Christmas" track would be a lot of work, but it may be possible at an album level. Or just a search for certain keywords like Christmas and Santa in track names would be a start.

Note: There are tracks on those albums that are non-Christmassy that we may lose, but generally I don't think that's a big problem. Also, I don't have a problem with people picking Christmassy tracks deliberately at any time (I do a few sometimes) but I don't think SAM should.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You just found out the reason why I made this thread Smile

So I will look into
- Elf
- All albums with Christmas in the title (Of course there are expections like Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence)
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The following albums have been removed from the "weighted" SAM playlist:

"Elf"
"Arthur Christmas"
"Charlie Brown Christmas, A"
"Christmas Carol, A"
"Christmas Horror Story, A"
"Christmas Of Solan & Ludvig, The"
"Enchantment, A Magical Christmas"
"Eureka: A Very Eureka Christmas"
"Four Christmases"
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas"
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas!"
"How The Nerd Stole Christmas"
"Merry Friggin Christmas, A"
"Muppet Christmas Carol, The"
"Nightmare Before Christmas, The"
"Surviving Christmas"
"Polar Express, The"

It is sometimes possible that you will see it in the queue as a "least played artist". But for most composers that is not a problem.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:59 pm   Post subject: Santa Claus Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
The following albums have been removed from the "weighted" SAM playlist:

"Elf"
"Arthur Christmas"
"Charlie Brown Christmas, A"
"Christmas Carol, A"
"Christmas Horror Story, A"
"Christmas Of Solan & Ludvig, The"
"Enchantment, A Magical Christmas"
"Eureka: A Very Eureka Christmas"
"Four Christmases"
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas"
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas!"
"How The Nerd Stole Christmas"
"Merry Friggin Christmas, A"
"Muppet Christmas Carol, The"
"Nightmare Before Christmas, The"
"Surviving Christmas"
"Polar Express, The"

It is sometimes possible that you will see it in the queue as a "least played artist". But for most composers that is not a problem.

Just got "Santa Claus is coming to Town" from The Polar Express. I'm guessing the composers have very little else on SST, so it was a "least played artist" as you suggested.
But it made me think, can you also remove albums (and tracks if you can get that detailed) that have "Santa" in the title?
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: Has famous Friday the 13th album been removed from SAM's reach already? If not, I kindly request to do so.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Poland SSTEvents
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 33081

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And together with that all other Halloween or horror related scores. (And there are many)
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As I type this, SAM has requested some Friday the 13th, and it will play in moments. So there's your answer, molossus. Sorry.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with SSTEvents. I think only that some horror scores are quite cool, or even beautiful, and may be good year-round. Did you have some specifics in mind?

Of course, we're only talking about SAM requests here, as Dragonel pointed out earlier, so it's not like any tracks are going away forever. Unless, of course, Friday the 13th were to suffer some sort of crippling file corruption, coincident with the complete destruction of the discs in some sort of baking accident. But what are the odds?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday the 13th tracks have a very low weight now. But they will rise up again in like two years or so Smile They will gain weight again when they get requested. So if that happens I have to do it again.

About the other horror. I assume our natural selection has filltered the good from the bad tracks.
Poland SSTEvents

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, that's continuously as Resist All requests those around the clock .
Poland martino VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like censorship. I had bad experience with it in the past and now when I see what happens in my country. Let's give the Christmas soundtracks a chance at least during Holiday season and move them back and remove the other for a couple of weeks! Rolling Eyes Crazy idea.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like there may be sarcasm in your post I'm not getting. That said, no one is saying we can't listen to holiday music in season, or that you can't request it whenever you want. It's just a restriction on the SysAdmin requests.

I understand why you're gun-shy, but this is not censorship. Censorship is done by governments. This is a private website that can do whatever it wants.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally understand where Martino is coming from. I do not think it is much of an issue here though. All the music here is requestable. And one in the 5 songs is not from that list.
Poland SSTEvents

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the removal of horror- and christmasscores has already taken place but I got two Christmasalbums in SAM this morning:

The colourcodes show the categories in which a track is listed to give an idea of the diversity.
The "out" arrows are tracks that shouldn't be requestable by SAM or not even on SST due to our updating rules for tracks that doesn't belong on SST

BTW, apart from the lack of Blue category (standard for SAM) this playlist ain't that bad.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT is some serious graphics. My hat's off to you. I don't know what categories are represented by the colors. Could you fill me in, please?

I'm surprised that the holiday albums/tracks have enough weight to get requested so often. Do we really request them that much?

Why don't those tracks belong on SST? Like, they belong nowhere on the station, or just not in SAM's arsenal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: