StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Request to remove a track/album from SAM requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Poland SSTEvents
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 33081

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure will LadyI.
The color codes are used in professional radio programming to define a playlist and control diversity.
Based on the grouping we have in soundtracks I made such a schedule, named a Music Schedule Clock which you can find in the Miscellaneous forum.
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8459
In programming there's also a second set that ensures a genre switch every
4 minutes in average, but due to the fierce critics I got even from people who don't know those procedures I skipped that idea of explaining it further.

In short:
The blue category is the most important one for a radio station and covers the albums from the last two years ( that's the period that movies are in the picture and listeners can start appreciating the score)
The red and orange category are in fact each other's antipodes and contain the mainframe of the core content varying from unpopular to very popular tracks in the period 2014-1996
The yellow category covers in our case the older scores, although there should be a selection which ones belong to the core content of the station.
Green is the exploring category which must form a minority of new updates or TV-scores due to the general lesser quality of the tracks

Last edited by SSTEvents on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poland SSTEvents

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Why don't those tracks belong on SST? Like, they belong nowhere on the station, or just not in SAM's arsenal?

The Christmas albums should be available in Season time only.
In scoring for horror movies there are just a few composers who approach this genre in a classical scoring method so it MAY become listenable.
In general it's merely underscoring with dissonants to create an eerie atmosphere or tension.
Normally new updates are checked before uploading if they are 'fit for radio'.
SST however uploads everything we receive.

The other two tagged "Out" are a Bach cantate and an existing jazz song.
According to the SST policy of not having music that was previously recorded
Bach could go to Adagio, the source tracks from Kansas City should be removed from our database.
However this policy is not maintained strictly so we create a lot of 'grey' tracks.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a question. Could/should we forbid SAM to request anything by John Williams? Williams is, I believe, still one of the most popular composers on the site, and when the queue is mostly SAM, it can offer a chance to hear some lesser-requested Williams and not worry about sniping/being sniped by other listeners. But if SAM got there first, it's disappointing. I know that might be daunting, and maybe not everyone agrees, but I thought I'd put it out there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think it's welcomed to do that.
Due to the way SAM picks a part of his playlist by the weighing system Caliburn has programmed it with, there are also popular tracks requested every several tracks and not only the Williams's.
As Williams (and other popular picks) are requested often their weighing is higher and therefore more vulnerable for a SAM pick.
This new implemented system did (partly) improve the overall quality of SAM but has still lot of flaws IMO.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
The following albums have been removed from the "weighted" SAM playlist:

"Elf"
"Arthur Christmas"
"Charlie Brown Christmas, A"
"Christmas Carol, A"
"Christmas Horror Story, A"
"Christmas Of Solan & Ludvig, The"
"Enchantment, A Magical Christmas"
"Eureka: A Very Eureka Christmas"
"Four Christmases"
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas"
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas!"
"How The Nerd Stole Christmas"
"Merry Friggin Christmas, A"
"Muppet Christmas Carol, The"
"Nightmare Before Christmas, The"
"Surviving Christmas"
"Polar Express, The"

It is sometimes possible that you will see it in the queue as a "least played artist". But for most composers that is not a problem.

Have these been restored to SAM for Christmas yet?
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, despite this and another thread, I don't think I fully comprehended what happened earlier when the new SAM weighting was implemented.

Having been listening more often after hours lately (since I've been working way too much these days Rolling Eyes ), the overall quality of SAM playlists has definitely been very much improved. Thanks to all the SST folks who keep working hard to improve the station!

Mr. Green
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
The following albums have been removed from the "weighted" SAM playlist:

"Elf"
"Arthur Christmas"
"Charlie Brown Christmas, A"
"Christmas Carol, A"
"Christmas Horror Story, A"
"Christmas Of Solan & Ludvig, The"
"Enchantment, A Magical Christmas"
"Eureka: A Very Eureka Christmas"
"Four Christmases"
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas"
"How The Grinch Stole Christmas!"
"How The Nerd Stole Christmas"
"Merry Friggin Christmas, A"
"Muppet Christmas Carol, The"
"Nightmare Before Christmas, The"
"Surviving Christmas"
"Polar Express, The"

It is sometimes possible that you will see it in the queue as a "least played artist". But for most composers that is not a problem.

SAM picked "Santa Claus is coming to Town (Frank Sinatra)" from Polar Express yesterday and today SAM had Silent Night from Merry Friggin Christmas, A. In both cases those albums are the only ones where the artist appears (J. Fred Coots, Haven Gillespie and Aaron Tipton respectively) Would it be possible to remove those from SAM's picks as well until Christmas, or is that a different matter?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those belong in in the least played artist category. My quote about that:

Quote:
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
I think those belong in in the least played artist category.

I realized that, I was just asking if it was possible to remove these artists as they are ONLY artists of Christmas music (within SST).
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SAM is clearly in a Christmas mood ... we got Let It Snow today, so I'd add Lena Horne & Eartha Kitt to the list of artists who are "Christmas only" (both on Elf)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SAM found another one ....
"Silens Nox" in The Nativity Story
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B000JMKJDW
is Silent Night by any other name.
I suspect some of the others here could be Christmas tracks as well (The title Veni Veni Emanual sounds like O Come O Come Emmanual) but I haven't tried playing them to find out for sure.
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"The same procedure as last year Miss Sophie?" "same procedure as every year, SAM"
It looks, like SAM is in a xmassy mood again, with lots and lots of xmas songs being played. Well, one every five or ten tracks, but still. And since it appears quite early nowadays (5 pm european time already!) even I notice that Wink Could we remove them from the list till actual xmas time pls? Smile
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SAM has found a couple more Christmas albums to play with ..... I think he's practicing for next month Smile

Sinterklaas En De Pepernoten Chaos http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B00F9T606K
Sinterklaas En Het Raadsel Van 5 December
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B009RJRF0S

I believe another user has requested a few of the tracks, which is what brought these to SAM's attention, and I don't find them particularly "Christmassy" music, but suspect some people will not want SAM throwing them up in Feb or Jun.
Lieutenant

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this album being played by SAM this morning: Merry friggin' christmas
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B00NJQ01QU
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Friday the 13th tracks have a very low weight now. But they will rise up again in like two years or so Smile They will gain weight again when they get requested. So if that happens I have to do it again.

About the other horror. I assume our natural selection has filltered the good from the bad tracks.

SAM did it again, it picked up F13 reqs recently Smile can somebody please put them down again? Thank you Smile and also maybe put the xmas albums down after xmas, I think the last year they were running throughout the whole year Wink (Sorry for being a grinch Very Happy )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: