StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Split off a new subsection?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:36 pm   Post subject: Split off a new subsection? Reply with quote

This suggestion pertains only to one particular section of the forums, namely Community Forums > Soundtracks.

This part of the forum is labeled as "the place to discuss what's new, your favorites, etc." Now there are a handful of user threads in this section for just that, but the vast majority, which is hard not to notice even at a quick skim, are "press release" or "media alert" type of posts made by companies announcing their titles. These are posted in such numbers & frequency that they drive the normal user threads off the front page in a hurry. I feel like there isn't as much discussion under this forum section as there might be, simply because those topics roll off the top so easily that most people never SEE them.

To be totally clear, this is NOT a complaint against any companies posting info about their new or upcoming releases. I do enjoy reading these, too, and it's nice to get them here on a regular basis. It's just that I would like to enjoy the user posts as well, and the constant deluge of the promotional type of posts (one thread for each title x how many titles each month x how many months ongoing?) does tend to drown out all other relevant posts in this area. It can take a real effort to keep up with a legit discussion thread in this section. Asking a moderator to monitor for these & pin them all so they'll stay on top seems a bit impractical, to say the least, as does bookmarking each individual one so you can find it again later.

So, here's an idea. How about dividing off a new subsection there devoted specifically to press releases? That way there's a highly visible place for labels or promo companies to post about all their latest material, but average listeners can still have conversations in the "Soundtracks" section without having to wade through several pages of commercial threads to find that content. (Or actually, given the sheer volume, it might be easier to rename the existing section as "press" and move the real conversation threads onto a new area, rather than the other way around.)

Thoughts / comments?
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that sounds like an excellent idea, Mojo. It would be nice to have all the press releases in an exclusive area. Like you, I enjoy reading them. But if they are pressing out community discussions, then some rearranging may indeed be in order.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That is up to JERIC guess.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bad idea, IMO, but of course there may be other reasons related to ad revenue, promotional advantages, etc. that might drive the decision.

Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively you can also talk about soundtracks more Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: