StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Suggested donation meter changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:33 pm   Post subject: Suggested donation meter changes Reply with quote

So here we are, first day of a new month and the Donation meter is already looking pretty good because we have filled all of the bottom bulb and are a little way up the tube, thanks to a couple of the usual SST stalwarts. Except this is always deceptive, because the circle at the bottom represents exactly zero dollars worth of donation, and yet visually it is nearly as much filled area as $250 would show in the tube. So I suggest changing the color of the bottom circle (white, or black ... doesn't matter which) to show that is not part of the donations and we are actually only a little way towards the goal.

My other suggestion is to show last month's total, or the percentage or amount we were under. I know yesterday we were quite a way short of the monthly goal, but today I have no indication of how far short we were at the end of the night. An indication that we were in the red for $125 last month (or whatever the amount was) would seem like a good reminder and might nudge people towards making a donation this month.

Neither of these seem like they should be difficult to do and would help the perception of more donations needed.
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your ideas, Dragonel! Never a bad thing to try and make people (myself included Embarassed) aware of the donation status Smile

Regarding your second idea, perhaps a second 'thermometer' could be added that indicates the annual donation goal (presumably 12x the monthly goal). This way not only the previous month but all the donations of the entire current year are taken into account and seeing this (assumed) deficit might actually inspire some kind of holiday / Christmas / New Year's donation sprint Smile Since we already have a thermometer I'm thinking this should be fairly easy to implement (but correct me if I'm wrong) and I feel it probably doesn't need to have the list of contributor's names.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: