StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

New station request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
DGMurdockIII
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 18401

DGMurdockIII is offline View user's profile Send private message DGMurdockIII's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:28 pm   Post subject: New station request Reply with quote

I would like to see you guys add a new station that plays chiptunes kinda like the one di.fm has one that but play more original made stuff less game soundtracks becse i think you guy would be perfect for that becse you already have the soundtrack on StreamingSoundtracks

Last edited by DGMurdockIII on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DGMurdockIII
Ensign
Ensign

DGMurdockIII is offline View user's profile Send private message DGMurdockIII's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

if you dont think there enough music to make a station i can start making a list of stuff to artist for you guys to look in to to get started
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

In chat it looked like not everyone was familiar with term "chiptunes" (I wasn't either), so here is a link to that di.fm station DGMurdockIII mentioned and WMP link to the stream of that station if anyone wants to test that kind of music:

http://www.di.fm/chiptunes
http://listen.di.fm/public5/chiptunes.asx

BTW: It's not my kind of sound, sorry.

As you can see, moved your topic to Ideas forum, DG - mol.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan

Last edited by molossus on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
DGMurdockIII
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

here are people who make original chiptune/8bit music

8bitweapon - http://www.8bitweapon.com/
Kurt James Werner - https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~kwerner/
Ben Landis - http://www.benlandis.com/
Daniel Capo - http://www.danielcapomusic.com/
8 bit people - http://www.8bitpeoples.com/
DGMurdockIII
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

any more info on this idea
Poland SSTEvents
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 33081

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated in previous posts and chat one of the plans I was working on is a Premium Channel.
This would provide a music channel for the (former) listeners who don't feel enthusiasm for the new way scores are produced nowadays.
This has much to do with composers stepping away from the classic way of composing and use drone sounds or fully electronic generated scores.

Especially with the interest in soundtracks with a larger audience that derives from the classical music scene, this Premium Channel can be a way to attract those listeners to Soundtrack Radio, like SST.

Please answer on this thread if you like that idea. We are very curious how everyone looks toward the soundtrack scene lately.
Before going into discussion: this will be a separate station alongside SST, so nothing will change to the status the station has now.

Last edited by SSTEvents on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Poland SSTEvents

Member#: 33081

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a Spotify playlist with a programming as it would sound like on the new channel.:

It has 48 tracks mixed over 5 categories and 3 styles with more attention to European, Asian and Classic scores.
Every week there will be an update of 3 new albums which wil we showcased during 4 weeks before they will be placed in their own category.
On our FB-page I will post which new updates are used.
I will change this demo every few weeks so if you like you can subscribe to the playlist and get notified.

Reminder: It is only a demonstration of what the different categories can give, don't judge it on the content itself, those were handpicked by me.
Please give us your comments on the list.
The Premium channel will provide for personalization. This is already pre-programmed but for the Spotify list I used fav.album lists from my followers on Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/user/dutchbat12/playlist/0u1Y15PyrsClQ6FagXc0KZ

It's best played in regular modus (so don't shuffle it) en a crossfading setting to 6 seconds for the best listening experience.
Enjoy

*THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SST SPOTIFY LIST. THIS IS ENTIRELY DONE BY DUTCHBAT AND HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH SST PROPER
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Premium Channel idea is a good one. One thing though, you could consider the name. If it's called "Premium" it would suggest also some other perks and just style. Could it be called "Classic and Orchestral Scores"... I know that's not a good name but you get the idea. Some descriptive and catchy name would be needed.

But, yes, why not if you think you get more listeners, and *VIPs* and members. That brings to my mind a question, would membership be the same for the both channels? So that e.g. VIP membership is the same for both SST and the new channel or would it require separate payments?
Also, how much more monthly donations would be needed to cover the costs for the new channel?

Would the music database be the same for both channels so that only availability would be different? I mean that some albums/tracks would be flagged as suitable for the new channel and others not?

How about the music submissions? If one would donate an album of new orchestral movie score that would be accepted for both SST and the new channel, would it be added to the both playlists? I for one would like to see that the new music fitting the new channel would also be available for requesting in SST.

Sorry for the many questions but I tend to go for practical implications...
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem for the many questions Galfin.
In fact you are asking what the synergy between the two stations would be apart from advertising revenue by sharing the same newsletter.

Although exact costs for the start-up are not fully known it will in no means interfere with SST financials or donation meter.
Therefore it won't be free either. A yearly member fee will be obligatory but there can be a discount for SST (VIP)members indeed. All details will have to be negotiated with JERIC, what also includes sharing albums. The new channel will see 3 weekly updates incl the releases that are suited for broadcast on the Premium Channel from day of release on. After the programmed run of 4 weeks they can be included in the SST update as well.
Several name options are considered, Premium Channel just being a working title. A funding partner's name might be included and we are securing domain names now.

All this would only count if SST staff and my company would consider this cooperation viable.
Recent developments in attitude to me by members and staff have however diminished that chance. But my primal idea was to have the cooperation and synergy.
But that's not up to me now to change back

take a look at my collection: My album list
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

GalFin wrote:

Would the music database be the same for both channels so that only availability would be different? I mean that some albums/tracks would be flagged as suitable for the new channel and others not?

The Premium Channel will see a preprogrammed playlist with a mix of selected orchestral scores with a balance between Hollywood, European, Asian and Classic scores. There will be no request module but members will be able to personalize the Q when online. The program will incorporate up to 25% of the playlist with choices of members when they are online.
If it is technically possible SST fav. albums could be entered into this incorporation.
Premium Channel would have all uploaded tracks flagged to make programming possible and is not interfering with SST requesting rules meaning that when a track is played it will retain its current availability on SST. Hence the advantage of running it on a new server that is hosted under
another umbrella than the 24sevenFM one.
The new channel will start with 3840 albums so far and that's even more than SST regular requested albums so many new material to discover.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight. This sounds like it's your own company and endeavor that you will launch regardless of what JERIC thinks, right?

This has not been at all clear from the beginning. It previously sounded like you wanted to start a new channel under 24sevenFM.
I guess, when SST members did not warm up to your ideas of changing their requesting habits and patterns and following your music programming ideas and also wanted to request and listen to tv, game, electronic etc. soundtracks that you and I guess some others disapproved of, you decided to move on with a new independent station.

So it will be another movie score/soundtrack internet radio station with a different music profile, mandatory subscription/membership fee and a limited member music requesting feature?

OK, I guess that could have an audience, and cooperation with SST perhaps possible...

The pros for SST would be if 'Premium Channel' albums would be also included in the SST playlist (four week exclusivity is bit long though). The cons include competing for same paying members.

If a mutually beneficial agreement can be reached between JERIC and you, great. And if not, well, it's a free world.
Good luck then with your new radio station and your own enterprise!

I guess we'll just wait and see then.

(Edit: Fixed typos)

Last edited by GalFin on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think GalFin has it pinned. You sound like you want to start your own station. I don't think it would be fair (or even feasible) to expect JERIC to share the library with you for this endeavor. If you want to make your own station, then I say do it. Yes, all the problems GalFin lists are still in play, and it will not be free, but if this is something you want to see happen, I don't see another way to do it. You can start small, see what paying membership you can get. Maybe you can start a tight community that supports itself and promotes the kind of music you want to hear. "Klein aber fein," to quote the Pope Emeritus.
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 14592

Grenadier is offline View user's profile Send private message View Grenadier's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're starting a competing station, outside of SST and 24seven, it seems like you shouldn't be using their resources to promote it, possibly poaching customers as well.

If it's intended as a new 24seven station, I don't see it being sustainable. It would just splinter what is already a niche audience, attempting to create a niche within the niche.

There have always been tracks that some people don't want to hear. That's what the mute button is for. Trying to enforce a particular playlist or rotation on a userbase that is used to freely requesting what they want, when they want seems like a non-starter.
Poland DallasTreado
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 30449

DallasTreado is offline View user's profile Send private message DallasTreado's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you also considering other features for the station? Something like interviews, podcasts, concerts? This might increase the interest in a premium service?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: