StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Soundtrack of the Month
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering facts stated above and the fact that Cal's SotM is a feature and not a forumtopic at itself I will post one more Release of the Month (for february)

I will then move my postings to the forumsite Maintitles where it is more appreciated.

RELEASE OF THE MONTH JANUARY

TROUW MET MIJ by Moritz Schmittat.

Score for a Belgian comedy in which Moritz's party music serves as underscore for the drama in the same time.
Great traditional big band feel and hommage to the way Italian scores were constructed in the '70's and 80's with a central theme performed in many different orchestrations.
It is a lighthearted and fun listening experience by this young multi-awarded composer who should have won the Discovery of the Year at the last WSA (according to the public).
He was elected likewise previously at the Transatlantyk festival in Poznan.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall see if I can restore SotM again. As it was done previously "an editors pick" is not what it is anymore since I reintroduced it in 2012. Doing that is hard to do. Everyone has a different taste. We would need a commitee and discussion to get a nice album that represents SST.

So let me come clean about my method. I found a nice solution to the above problem. The reason why I was secretive about the method is that I was afraid of abuse. But on second thought it is not a big deal:

I just use our rating system!

The soundtrack with the highest score of the montly update wins. This way the community itself picks the SotM! So now that every one knows: RATE THE ALBUMS HONESTLY!

I am also interested in what community find hidden treasures in their latest finds! I suggest an own forum topic for that? This subforum is for discussing soundtracks anyways. So discuss! Smile
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In accordance with a previously published longlist I can hereby give my personal TOP15 of Best Scores 2015
This list is the result of listening to over 400 soundtracks released in 2015
They were judged as standalone art form based on creative composing,orchestration and being a pleasant listening experience apart from the medium it was composed for.

Please give me your comments or questions, I'll be delighted to share my thoughts.

Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely not in a position do make my own list since I haven't listened much to 2015 releases, but there is no doubt I personally find "The man from U.N.C.L.E." and "Winter on fire: Ukraine's fight for freedom" as very good listening experiences as stand alone music (haven't seen the movies).

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for putting that list together, i can agree on Ori, although it seemed a bit lengthy on my first listen-throughs. But it really has some nice songs and really grew on me, especially after i bought and played the game. What I heard from The man from U.N.C.L.E. seemed nicely light and enjoyable. I will definitively check out the rest we have here. BTW how did you listen to all these scores? Via Spotify?
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, most of the released scores can be found on Spotify.

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as legislative issues are solved the SST Newsletter will see a revival.
This will see some monthly articles concerning new releases; one that will be released soon and one re-release. Besides that IMFCA critics will post a review on one of our new updates.
The list of updates will also be published through our new Newsletter.
More details you will find in your mailbox soon.

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished my TOP15 of Best Scores 2016
It was a time-consuming task with over 420 scores I reviewed, what came down to a longlist of 121
Then the hardest thing to do was picking out 15 favorites.
The ones who made it to the list stood out to me on creative merit and making it a pleasant listening experience as stand alone piece of art.
I'd appreciate some feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: