StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!
Click Here to Listen Now! Click Here to Listen Now!

Low bandwidth options and external players click below.
:: Listen Page ::

Follow Us

Search

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$245.98

21 Donations:
$254.02

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-24) mysza $5.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-24) SiriusCreations $49.01
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-24) -Ankh- $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-24) Thrandaya $5.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-24) JimmyJazz $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-23) molossus $15.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-21) martino $6.51
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-19) crazyray $25.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-17) Bryophyte $5.00
Adagio.FM (Feb-14) rclsausalito $25.00
Death.FM (Feb-12) Xevsseldne $13.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-11) Last_Starfighter $2.5
Death.FM (Feb-10) lawless $1.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Feb-10) Anonymous $6.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Jan-31) Xevsseldne $8.63
Death.FM (Jan-30) lawless $1.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Jan-30) PeteC $32.00
Adagio.FM (Jan-30) PeteC $33.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Jan-29) Twopop $25.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Jan-29) molossus $12.23

Meet & Greet World Tour
:: Tour Dates Thread ::

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Android App

Windows Phone App

Partners

:: Link To Us ::
:: Add Your Link ::

What book are you reading right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany DieTeeFee VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i finished all my Books and started those two:

A book about a herd of sheep whose shepherd has been murdered. Cue to a wooly investigation. Despite me really not liking murder/mystery books, this has been pretty good so far Very Happy the sheep perspective takes quite a bit of the boring out of the murder investigation.

I've only read the first chapter so far, so i can't say much about this yet. It got some book-prices so i'm reading it for my challenge.
USA LadyInque VIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading Anna Karenina. I don't really like it, but I'm 300/800 pages in, so I guess I'll keep going. Though I already know how it ends.

I also am re-reading a short comic called Ruined, that I really loved. It's a regency romance, and it's not for kids, but I loved it.
Lieutenant

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished my books and started the swarm ( which i'm 25% done with and not overly happy with) and the star wars book on Revan ( which is actually my first venture into the star wars novel universe thing... it's kinda nice reading about people you already know from the games, but i dont think i'll get hooked on the genre.)
Canada Bryophyte
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 31259

Bryophyte is offline View user's profile Send private message View Bryophyte's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 3/4's of the way through Seveneves by Neal Stephenson, and though there is more technobabble than I like and people have kept dying in horrible ways, it's been an interesting read so far. I've hit the future section and things seem more positive now. I'm liking it.

That being said, I took a time out to re-read 'The Wind in the Willows' over the holidays.
Germany DieTeeFee VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Long book:
"the swarm" is going slow. am at about 30% now.

Short book:
finished the Revan novel. which was okayish, i suppose.
started white fang by jack london
Canada Bryophyte
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Bryophyte is offline View user's profile Send private message View Bryophyte's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished 'Seveneves', and it ended just when it was getting most interesting. As the author hasn't fully committed to a sequel, either this is an attempt to get the readers to beg for it (aka ego trip) or he felt it was complete and I disagreed. Either way, I'm a bit annoyed about it. Razz

I have started reading 'Post Captain' by Patrick O'Brian, on the recommendation of either j2b or jk2 that I give the Master and Commander 'bromance on the high seas' series another go. I feel optimistic.
USA LadyInque VIP (subscribed member)
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rereading Dune. I was hoping it would be comfort reading, as it's one of my favorite books ever, but honestly, it's not doing the trick. Maybe I'll pick up The Silver Metal Lover again, for the 20th time or so, and it'll get me through the next few days.
Ensign

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Long book:
"the swarm" is going slow. am at about 30% now.

Poor Fee, i have quite fond memories of "The Swarm" as 15 year old me was intrigued by the environmental aspects the book deals with.
Also Spoiler:
I wouldnt't have imagined a tsunami in the northern sea being possible Shocked
But I can totally see your struggle with this book, as another one of Schaetzing's novels (Limit) was too lenghty for me, (it was the first book i dropped without finishing in years Shocked ) whereas the topic itself was really interesting (space elevators, power of comnpanies over governments and harvesting the moon for "clean" energy through cold fusion) and well researched (as is the swarm). But yeah, really lenghty.

Due to me being sick at my parent's place i got around reading the malfuria trilogy by Christoph Marzi. They are more of girl's books in total (using the clichee of finding the big love, losing it, meeting again under bad circumstances with a big happy reunion in the end) but the world he imagined was really well described. Mix Spain somewhere at the 19/20th century with flying vehicles and some magic and you have the setting Smile Plus I guess I just like his way of writing.
Reading through this trilogy reminded me how much I loved his first novel Lycidas. Also kind of a girl's novel, and its follow ups "Lilith" and especially "Lumen" even more so, but with such a mature view on the world as I haven't seen that often before. Okay, that was when I was 15 years old, but it is still one of my favorite books Razz The setting for these books can be best described as Dickensian London still lives underground and old mythology decided to move in as well Smile (It is quite obvious, that this book was inspired by Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere", which is also stated in the end of the book). Plus what makes Marzi more symphatic for me is his musical influence, lots of film music composers are thanked in the end of his books Cool
Canada Bryophyte
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is quite obvious, that this book was inspired by Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere", which is also stated in the end of the book

I love "Neverwhere" - I will have to look this author up. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51

Jump to: