StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Chicago MidweSST Meetup April 25 - 29th 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should we have an SST Meetup event to see John Williams live in Chicago April 26-29, 2018
Yes, most definitely!
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
Maybe, if I can make it.
45%
 45%  [ 10 ]
No, it would be too difficult to make it.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

USA PeteC VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This really could get some
traction and if so, it might
be one of the great events
of all time.

Smile
good as good. Herein lies evil.
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I have heard from a few interested people that have shown interest in taking donations for a travel fund to be able to assist those who want to attend, but are having financial hardships.

I feel as if this is very important, because I feel that we want this to be available to any member who wants to be able to join us. As I have said in previous posts, I can commit to $50 a month for the next year.

If we were to decide to setup a travel assistance fund, what would people suggest we use as a platform to accept donations? I personally recommend GoFundMe, as this is the platform I most often use when handling fundraising events here at home, and is the one I am most familiar with.

I would also propose that any additional funds that may be left over after the meetup should be donated back into SST, as a group donation. How do other people feel about that? I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

While I am thinking about it, if we did do a travel fund, who would we get to administer it? I think, for checks and balances, we should have at least 2 people administering the funding account. In addition, we would need to figure out the best way to determine a members need for fund assistance, and the most efficient way to distribute the funds once a need has been determined. Any thoughts on this?
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing I was just pondering, while looking through the SST store, is whether or not to order some SST gear for give away/gift bags for those who are able to attend.

I know I would like to be representing SST during this event, and depending on how many people we wind up having confirm closer to the event date, I would have no problem ordering some SST shirts, hoodies, and hats, all of which could come in handy in Chicago.

Thoughts?
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 31259

Bryophyte is offline View user's profile Send private message View Bryophyte's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I pitched this to my husband this weekend, and while he didn't seem keen, he agreed that he could probably survive without me for a few days. Very Happy I would like to be tentatively in. I'd love to meet some of you in person, though like Dragonel, I am also a member of Hermits United. Smile

The biggest variable will be whether or not I'm spawning again at the time. If I'm the size of a barge, they won't let me fly, haha. But to see Mr. Williams, amazing!
Oglala Istagi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Arya, thanks for letting me know about this.

I might be able to do this one. airfare is cheap and I have a couple possible places I can crash.
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Istagi: I promise to leave the meat cleaver at home and not chase you around.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Istagi wrote:
Hey Arya, thanks for letting me know about this.

I might be able to do this one. airfare is cheap and I have a couple possible places I can crash.

Cool
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, which day are we shooting for?
good as good. Herein lies evil.
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know myself personally, I am shooting for all three days if the programs are different. Otherwise, I am thinking I would like to do the 26th or 27th.

I however am also a team player, so will go with the majority as to what day(s) work.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will be there.

How is this going to work?

How much are tickets? can we get a block of tickets? or are we all responsible for our own tickets?

Depending on the price of tickets I may go all 3 days as well.
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chigago Symphony still does not have the information available on their website. I keep checking about once a week. As soon as that information is available, I will post it.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I know this is early, as we still have a little over a year to prepare for this event, but I thought it would be a good idea to start getting an idea of how many people will be joining us on this event.

I have created a Google Form (subject to editing and alteration), located at https://goo.gl/forms/ic17QaFARuBHuhwA2

I would like to use this form to get an idea as to how large of a block of rooms to reserve and to see what kind of group rate we might be able to get. Also, depending on the amount of people, I may be able to use my corporate discount from work to book the rooms in advance.

If anyone has suggestions as to information to be included on the registration form, please feel free to let me know on here, private message, or shoot an email to sstchicagomeetup@scorereviews.net.

Also, for those who would be interested in helping to organize all of this, please hit me up via email or PM.

Last edited by Morg on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morg wrote:
Another thing I was just pondering, while looking through the SST store, is whether or not to order some SST gear for give away/gift bags for those who are able to attend.

I know I would like to be representing SST during this event, and depending on how many people we wind up having confirm closer to the event date, I would have no problem ordering some SST shirts, hoodies, and hats, all of which could come in handy in Chicago.

Thoughts?

If I get a big-kid job, Gert can maybe go. I don't think we need any swag. At the most, t-shirts might be alright (how are we paying for it?).

Though, whenever we're eating or just gathering as a group in general, name tags with screen/real names might be helpful. An initial meet-and-greet would be a nice thing, too.

Secondly, if we are going to be at the same hotel (or at least hanging out at the same hotel), we should consider letting far-away people 'attend' at different points via Skype or something. And of course, we'll be in chat at the same time. Laughing
Canada Arya
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've researched flights, but I'm interested to see a rough ballpark of what the tickets/hotel will cost when it all becomes available. I'm still a travel rookie (yeah I went to England, but it was to visit my sister, not really the same thing). I'll probably hammer you guys with questions Razz

I've got several plans with which to make this work, I'm just not sure how many nights I can stay/how many shows I can see.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: