StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

5 Min req wait for VIPs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:37 pm   Post subject: The Adventurer Reply with quote

Over the last few days, SAM has been very dedicated to playing http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B00JIC9JLM
I think I have seen about 7 tracks from it, all SAM picks I'm assuming this is as a "weighted song" but I didn't actually manage to be sure.

I suspect it may be partly because that is a recently added album but they weren't NUTs because someone had already played them all. Can you look at why SAM picked it so much?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can request more often from recently albums, and requesting it more bumps the weight. Since this new system is quite new and Fernando is an artist that is not in the queue all the time, that album will be probably picked as the "Pick the highest weighted song possible". With the new change where a SAM pick will drop now more, this will happen less and less.
Poland SSTEvents
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 33081

SSTEvents is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SSTEvents's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall for listener's and programming sake it's better to have much less new entries in SAM and/or playlist.
Especially with the overdose of unknown scores we get, the recognizability of the stream suffers when a multitude of new entries are requested or played.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing it using the favourites is a bit tricky. But I have more information that I can use to tune the huge list down!

I am now looking at moving tracks to the lower regions by:
- Added before 2016
- Tracks have been requested less than 5 times.

This will probably be implemented tonight (my time)
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna do it properly use the years as mentioned in the schedule clock:
New entries <2 months
PR is the group not older than 2014
(This has to do with recognizability, it takes that time for a movie to be distributed worldwide after the video and TV window has ended. Often a soundtrack release takes some months)
The division between C/RC categorie and RG is set to 20 years
According to the formula therefore that takes regard of the composition of our listeners groups. If you categorize with that in mind at least the years will be correct, then it's upto the configuration in what amounts the picks will be diverse.
( 5 PR,5C and RC, 2x RG oldies and 3 exploration/new entries
is the ideal format for SST)
C an RC are mainly intertwining categories only differing in popularity.

Present Requesting Queues have an over abundance of C and RC categorie, while SAM still has too much unwanted scores to attract to offline listeners.
Just for your info in case you want do format SAM according to professional guidelines.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This professional theory totally misses the point what this radio station is about: community driven internet radio.

As SAM is now it picks tracks like all our requesters combined! How can that not be a good thing as a community radio station.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
As SAM is now it picks tracks like all our requesters combined! How can that not be a good thing as a community radio station.

That's brilliant. Thanks, Cal!
USA TwilightSoul VIP (subscribed member)
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11545

TwilightSoul is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View TwilightSoul's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be a good idea to have SAM pick, as part of the rotation, songs from the list of signed-in listeners' Favorites (where those are not private)? Except maybe for people who have been signed-in longer than a few hours without any activity (suggesting they are AFK)? How hard would it be, and would it improve anything?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that favorite idea for a while when working on the new SAM. What SAM does now is almost the same thing. It picks songs that people request. Most of them probably are already in someones favorite list. But if they are not, it is probably a favorite of the requester anyways. Otherwise why would you request it?

So I think that the solution we have now is better than choosing from people's favorites.
USA TwilightSoul VIP (subscribed member)
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11545

TwilightSoul is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View TwilightSoul's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I only suggested this because usually in the afternoon (Pacific time), SAM starts to kick in because there are not enough VIPs making requests, but enough people (VIP and other members) are signed in to do a little chatting with. I don't want to monopolize the queue with my favorites, but I easily could. Instead, I've been finding non VIP listeners favorites and requesting on their behalf.

I'm going to keep doing that, because then I get to humblebrag about doing nice things for other people here Wink. Plus, I trust my instinct to pick the more listenable songs from other people's favorites over SAMs. No offense meant.

Thanks for thinking about it and replying, though!!
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking from non-VIPs is good as it will actually add those into SAMs repertoire for later too Smile
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In my point of view if no one is requesting and SAM takes over, it means that *everyone* is requesting Smile Since SAM now picks the popular requests from the past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: