StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

John Powell in Hamburg - 24.06.2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

In reference to the Hotel inquiry, I will certainly need somewhere to stay (plus bf). I dont know the city at all so if someone else wants to scout out hotels and let me know whats a good area/location or where others are going to stay i'd be totally on board for that Smile If no one else needs lodgings, i figured a Hostel would work too for us. I am willing to go with the group though if others are going to be staying somewhere specific Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a couple of others who are interested in a hotel room. I'll let you know as soon as i found something nice.ish ;D
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hello you wonderful people!
I know i know i have been lazy in the planning. shame on me...

1) Hotel: Since most German people have some kind of friend or family where they can stay, we'll definitly be too few people for any kind of group prices. So basically you can just book whatever place you wish yourself Razz
If you want me to book something for you anyways give me a chime.

People i think need rooms:
Jade
Cal
Sirius
Dan
Albi
Mol

DallasTreado +1 (maybee?)

Since the city center is ridiculously expensive in the summer, i recommend going a bit further outside. Unfortunatly i never stayed in any hotels in Hamburg so i cannot tell you much about the quality. Metro connections should be fine in those places for example:

https://www.aohostels.com/de/hamburg/hamburg-hammer-kirche/ only a hostel. reviews are kinda mixed, but the prices are pretty good.

https://www.aohostels.com/de/hamburg/hamburg-city-sued/ same hotel chain, closer to the city center

http://boardinghouse-mundsburg.de/ is a bit further out, and has kitchen instead of breakfast. still pretty cheap.

thats the cheap-ish stuff i found. I'm sure you can find the regular prices just as well as i can.

2) Food: Will be rather interesting for a Group that large. Should i make a Reservation for Sunday Evening (Should probably be around 17.00 so we have enough time) for somewhere? If yes: Do you wan't to eat typical (North)German stuff or is anything else fine too?
I would need at least an approximate number of people interested in joining this event. Please raise your Hand now!

There is a nice German restaurant that will unfortunatly be closed on Sunday, but we could go there on Saturday if anyone is interested? (They have nice german Whisky. I recommend)

There is also a pretty awesome (authentic) chinese restaurant. It's not terribly expensive but also not the cheapest you can get. It's open both saturday and sunday. whatever you want.

The real problem is, that in Hamburg you usually have to reserve a table if you are a group larger than 2 persons. So if we want to have food together, i need to pre-book that stuff at least 1 month in advance. Yay.

3) Chocolate Museum: There is a pretty nice Chocolate museum that offers english guided tours for Groups starting at 14 persons. I have been to this museum 3 times now and it's awesome and I totally recommend it. I could try and book a tour for sunday morning/early midday. the price would be something around 12€ per person... if we are more people, the prices go down. Please let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by DieTeeFee on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... Is there a ticket available?!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. we have one ticket left over right now, because Jades +1 won't be able to make it.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Jade's +1 can't go to Hamburg...
But I'll be glad to take that ticket if possible and keep the number of people in our group unchanged.

Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

One ticket for mol. Coming right up Smile
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad the ticket went to a good home Smile

Add me to the list for dinner and museum and whatever else ! I'll get in to Hamburg on Saturday morning, so if anyone is there that early and wants to hang out i'd be happy to tag along wherever Smile

As to hotels, if there is a general idea on where to stay, at least staying in the same place or close by i think would be nice. I've never been to the city, so again, i'm up for whatever, just need to let me know Smile
Captain

aw

Member#: 25110

Birhar is offline View user's profile Send private message View Birhar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

DieTeeFee wrote:

2) Food: Will be rather interesting for a Group that large. Should i make a Reservation for Sunday Evening (Should probably be around 17.00 so we have enough time) for somewhere? If yes: Do you wan't to eat typical (North)German stuff or is anything else fine too?
I would need at least an approximate number of people interested in joining this event. Please raise your Hand now!

There is a nice German restaurant that will unfortunatly be closed on Sunday, but we could go there on Saturday if anyone is interested? (They have nice german Whisky. I recommend)

There is also a pretty awesome (authentic) chinese restaurant. It's not terribly expensive but also not the cheapest you can get. It's open both saturday and sunday. whatever you want.

The real problem is, that in Hamburg you usually have to reserve a table if you are a group larger than 2 persons. So if we want to have food together, i need to pre-book that stuff at least 1 month in advance. Yay.

Thx for organizing, Fee!
Boris and I would like to join dinner, either on Saturday or on Sunday. And both German or Chinese Food (or whatever Wink) is fine with us.

DieTeeFee wrote:

3) Chocolate Museum: There is a pretty nice Chocolate museum that offers english guided tours for Groups starting at 14 persons. I have been to this museum 3 times now and it's awesome and I totally recommend it. I could try and book a tour for sunday morning/early midday. the price would be something around 12€ per person... if we are more people, the prices go down. Please let me know if you are interested.

Please count us in for the Chocolate museum as well.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like chocolate! Count me in for a visit in the museum. And I can’t imagine SST Gathering without a group meal. Anything that is not very spicy is OK.

Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Fee for putting this much energy into this gathering and organizing all of this Smile

I think I'll plan to arrive somewhere on Saturday (or perhaps Friday night) and leave on Monday, so I'm up for any group activity that takes place during that time including dinner(s) and definitely the chocolate museum Wink
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Albi Very Happy I'll at least have you to tag along with on Saturday then. What mischief can we accomplish in Hamburg ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to see when I arrive. It is only a three-hour drive for me.
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

booked the chocolate tour for 20-ish people.
since i found out that that weekend will be the "harley days" in Hamburg (which explains why there are no hotel rooms), i'm planning on making reservations for food real soon. getting tables for 20 people will be interesting enough...
the plan is to go to the traditional german place on saturday evening, and to something else (i am still thinking of that chinese place) on sunday. yould you give me a shout out real quick on whether you wish to join us for saturday? (I'm kinda planning on reserving a seat for everyone on sunday)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: