StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Ramin Djawadi - The Music of Game of Thrones Live in Concert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:15 am   Post subject: Ramin Djawadi - The Music of Game of Thrones Live in Concert Reply with quote

As I got to know in Prague, there will be a Game of Thrones concert tour in Germany in November, and some of us were thinking to go to the Berlin concert. The others are in Nuremberg and Stuttgart. I made this thread, so we can check who wants to join in. I would be in, and I know one more person who is also interested. I need to check with my old Berlin friends, who else wants to join. Tickets are quite expensive, the cheapest ones start at 45€, where you don't see anything i suppose, and continue with 53 or 59€. There is also a student discount, for the few people that still get one (like me Smile )

Here is a link to the official site:
http://www.tempodrom.de/ramin_djawadi_-_the_music_of_game_of_thrones_2017-11-17_20.html

It appears to be NOT the GoT live experience that was touring in the USA, just to be clear about it in the beginning.

People joining:
danleich +4

Last edited by danleich on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it has the special effects as America, but I do think the music will be the same. You can read about my experiences in the USA here in my report: http://soundtrackworld.com/2017/03/game-of-thrones-new-york/
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

we have kinda decided against attending this concert. Mostly since we already have another concert in that week... I really hope you guys have fun anyways. Please report on how it was Smile
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update: I was planning to buy the tickets till the end of this week (Friday). If anybody else is interested, just let me know, so far we are a group of five Smile
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it count as double post, when the last one is 5 months old Razz

Since the concert was last friday, i wanted to summarize my thoughts on it here:
When the orchestra entered the stage I was positively surprised to see a pretty large choir entering as well, and was psyched for the choir tracks that for sure would come. Together with the dirigent a female voalist entered the stage and the show could start with what if not the iconic intro song. Only the intro song was not well received by the audience. For some reason parts of the orchestra were louder than they needed to be and the choir in the end was not audible at all, although i could see them sing from my seat. The audience was so puzzled, there was no applause when the song was done, we were all afraid the rest of the show might be similar.
Fortunately the next songs made up for that mistake as they performed different versions of the Stark-theme that can be found in the different seasons, with the tracks being "Goodbye Brother", "I Have To Go North" and ultimately "Dark Wings, Dark Words" All these slow songs were performed really great and the different string sections could shine throughout them. Unfortunately the Choir in the last piece was still not well audible a problem that was not fixed until shortly before the intermission.
To get some tempo in the programme again the nicely pompous "The King's Arrival" was played, and pompous it was, but a bit slow for my taste. Followed by some songs I did not clearly identify (or remember) we were heading towards the intermission with two more highlights in between. The first were "The Rains of Castamere" sung by the vocalist. To my surprise she did not just sing in one tone (high or low) but in both, making up for a really cool (and long) version of the song. The other highlight were the tracks the choir was given its chance, in "Dracarys" and, directly before the break, "Mhysa". Finally the choir was put up in the volume and nicely audible and together with the vocalist they shined through both tracks.

After the intermission they seemed to have fixed the issue with the audio performance, and the orchestra started with "Two Swords". After this combination of Lannister and Stark theme we were following Arya musically to get to to hear "The Children" and "The House of Black and White" followed by the first song from the sixth season: "Needle" This lively song was played on keyboard since the original instrument was not present in the orchestra and was performed quite well. Same is true for "The Light Of The Seven" the longest track of the whole evening. During its performance the audience was completely silent, even though there was a small break were neither the keyboard played nor the dirigent moved. But the audience was GoT-veteran enough to know not to move during this hauntingly beautiful track.
The next highlight was a beautiful version of the new love theme from season seven, which can be heard in "See You For What You Are". I was sure to have heard the exact arrangement but could not find it afterwards on the original soundtrack. But this track was one of my personal highlights of the evening. For the last track on the schedule the vocalist returned to a fabulous performance of "Winds Of Winter", the finale of season six. The performers were awarded with enthusiastic applause by the (to my surprise not sold out) audience and stayed for an encore.
And what an encore it was, I was hoping for a better version of the Main Theme as compensation for the screwed up beginning but they chose "The Bear And The Maiden Fair" a lively drinking song, played in the series only once or twice. But for this track the whole orchestra and vocalist gave all they had and sent me home with the awesome song on my lips for the rest of the evening Smile
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice review! i cant waaaait for the GOT tour to start.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dan!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this I really think you should look into going to the real thing Smile
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, and I'd really like to got, but the dates are awful, berlin concert is on monday... pluis it is expensive... Guess I have to convince Sandy Claws to bring some tickets along with extra holidays for next year Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Concerts and meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: