StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

My Favorite Composers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Ormsby
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9996

Ormsby is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Ormsby's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:44 am   Post subject: My Favorite Composers Reply with quote

I started listening to soundtracks along about 1960, when Ben-Hur was released, and that score had a profound effect upon me, so my choice for

Number One: Miklos Rozsa

Number Two: Alex North mainly because of his genius at composing some of the greatest processional music ever written ( e.g., Shoes of the Fisherman)

Number Three: Frank Skinner for his profoundly sad and highly romantic score for "Back Street," which to my knowledge has never been released on CD.

Number Four: Billy Goldenberg, mainly for one score, "Red Sky at Morning," again, not out on CD to my knowledge.

Number Five: Lee Holdridge

Number Six: Jerry Goldsmith, everything from "A Patch of Blue" onward thru "The Blue Max", the 1966 remake of "Stagecoach," and even his catchy tango-like "Six Degrees of Separation." But especially for "Rudy."

Number Seven: John Williams for everything.

Number Eight: John Barry for everything

Number Nine: Ennio Morricone for everything EXCEPT that cheesy score to "MIssion to Mars," which is awful.

Number Ten: Nino Rota, mainly for his score to the 1968 "Romeo and Juliet," in which he captured perfectly the beauty of love and the sadness of death.

Number Eleven: Johnny Green for "Raintree County" and especially the track "Search for the Raintree" which has the most beautiful twenty seconds of music I have ever heard.

Number Twelve: Franz Waxman for "The Spirit of St. Louis," and "Sayonara," but most loved for the track "Rosanna" from "The Adventures of a Young Man," which achieves a few seconds of most the beautiful sound you're likely to hear in music, so perfect is it.

Number Thirteen: James Horner for everything, beginning with "Krull,", which was the first CD I ever bought.

Number Fourteen: Dave Grusin for "My Bodyguard," and "On Golden Pond."

I may add some others later, but how's that for a unique list.
Cadet 1

Member#: 29286

Damyst is offline View user's profile Send private message Damyst's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
musicmarie
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 46132

musicmarie is offline View user's profile Send private message musicmarie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Sky at Morning is my ultimate fav. Check out some of my brother's work, it may fit your tastes Smile

https://www.pushpowerpromo.com/michael55521/blog/2060/independent-composer-michael-smith

-
Music Marie
PR
eugenephillips
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 45978

eugenephillips is offline View user's profile Send private message eugenephillips's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Skinner and John Williams are really great composers. These people made a lot of really interesting compositions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Composers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: