StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

D&D for SST (One off 2 - 3 hour adventures)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mmh, 1:30 in the morning here in europe, not my usual time to be awake during the week Sad
if we manage to get a group together for another time/day let me know, i will follow this topic Smile
Oglala Istagi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

danleich wrote:
mmh, 1:30 in the morning here in europe, not my usual time to be awake during the week Sad
if we manage to get a group together for another time/day let me know, i will follow this topic Smile

how is Friday morning at 8:00 AM central time for you? get enough fellow Europeans on board and I can run a Europa group Smile
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

7:30 PM EST - 5:30 MST should work for me. Thurs are better than Tues, but some Tues may be possible.

It's been a loooong time for me too since playing with other people (as oppose to single player computer games).
I'll look at the player links & see how much I remember
Lieutenant Commander

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so here is what I have decided.

I will run a few training dungeons. save the kidnapped child, go to dungeon find thing, stop the orcs from attacking the village. that will teach everyone basics of movement and combat.

I will not be using a virtual Table Top system like Roll 20 or Fantasy Grounds to start. I will explain later.

Games will be either Tuesday or Thursday evenings - players decide. Players will need a set of dice, a filled out character sheet and skype, headset, webcam is optional but it would be nice to see each other while playing.

Please refer to the links in my previous message for character sheets and a pdf copy of the player's hand book. If you need help with filling out your character sheet, let me know I will help.

When I have 4 players who confirm that they have Skype, dice and have sent me their character sheets I will begin the training runs.

These training runs take me about 3 hours min to prep, each. If I start using a virtual table top setup time will double for each session.

I am asking for a bit of effort from my players. After the training runs if we wish to continue I will produce episodic adventures for the group that will relate to an overall campaign. I am looking at running every other week and will publish a log here or on another site of the adventure.

READY PLAYER ONE
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Have headset. Skype works, but I might only be able to broadcast voice with any quality.

Needz dice. (Could use this in a pinch? https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm )

My best bet for now is Tuesdays. I am not sure what it will be like later on. Will work on a character. How do you want it sent?
Oglala Istagi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert wrote:
Sounds good. Have headset. Skype works, but I might only be able to broadcast voice with any quality.

Needz dice. (Could use this in a pinch? https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm )

My best bet for now is Tuesdays. I am not sure what it will be like later on. Will work on a character. How do you want it sent?

just download the fillable PDF, fill it out and send it back to me. should be able to type right on it using Adobe Reader.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Skype/Webcam. Don't have dice, but I like Gert's link

I will work on the character sheet, but I'm realizing D&D has moved on somewhat (well, alright, a lot) from the last time I played tabletop so I'm sure I'll need help. I'll do what I can, then email you.
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to roll a Tiefling please contact me first. Tieflings are special in this world and I want to make sure you are ok with what being a Tiefling will mean in the game Smile.

If I get everyone's sheets by the end of the week I can be ready to roll on Tuesday Smile

Dragon, D&D5e is actually pretty simple compared to back in the day Wink

if you have a smart phone or tablet download the D&D 5e character sheet app. It is amazing and will do all the calculations for you for each race, class, background etc. it will also calculate all your weapons and armor. Use it for leveling up and all that difficult stuff.

Full disclosure, I need a webcam. LOL Smile
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok for those of you who are struggling a bit with character creation...

Here you go.

https://youtu.be/TN2n-2HQF_k
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: