StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Streaming Soundtracks with Alexa - Need help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Flipside
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 25714

Flipside is offline View user's profile Send private message Flipside's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:03 am   Post subject: Streaming Soundtracks with Alexa - Need help! Reply with quote

Hi all.
I have been listening to SS for many years and when Amazon's Alexa came out have been using that to stream via "TuneIn" with a simple command of

"Alexa, play Streaming Soundtracks radio from TuneIn"

which worked perfectly and it got better as Alexa seemed to "learn"

"Alexa, play Streaming Soundtracks from TuneIn"

unfortunately a few months ago the latter stopped working, oh well no great loss but now recently the nothing works?!

When I ask
"Alexa, play Streaming Soundtracks radio from TuneIn"

all I get is a response of "TuneIn cannot play by Genre"

Any ideas how to resolve this?
I and many of my friends would love to know how to simply command Alexa to play our favorite streaming station.

Cheers,

Flip
Flipside
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Flipside is offline View user's profile Send private message Flipside's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone??? Need help I tried everything Sad
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably this is a dumb idea (no experience with Alexa here) but maybe pronouncing SST's name as "Streamingsoundtracks (pause) radio" and not "Streaming (pause) Soundtracks (pause) radio" would help...

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise no experience with Alexa or TuneIn, but a random thought .... do you have a signin/account with TuneIn and can you mark SST as a favorite?
Or can you manually select it to play once or twice first? Alexa may check favorites or recent stations first.
Cadet 2

Member#: 18426

jjlink is offline View user's profile Send private message View jjlink's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get Alexa to play SST on tunein. From then on you can say "Alexa, play TuneIn, and Alexa will remember that you were playing SST last time so it continues to play it this time. This works as long as you only play SST on TuneIn and no other stations.

I will try to make an Alexa skill for SST if someone can give me a HTTPS URL that just plays SST with no interaction required. Note it must be HTTPS not just HTTP, I am guessing its for security reasons.
Cadet 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
That would be great thanks.
USA Kinnicutt VIP (subscribed member)
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 29618

Kinnicutt is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Kinnicutt's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jjlink wrote:
Once you get Alexa to play SST on tunein. From then on you can say "Alexa, play TuneIn, and Alexa will remember that you were playing SST last time so it continues to play it this time. This works as long as you only play SST on TuneIn and no other stations.

I will try to make an Alexa skill for SST if someone can give me a HTTPS URL that just plays SST with no interaction required. Note it must be HTTPS not just HTTP, I am guessing its for security reasons.

Hi John

Did you find a way to make this work?

would this link work? :
https://tunein.com/radio/Streaming-Soundtracks-s1562/

-Russell
USA jjlink
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 18426

jjlink is offline View user's profile Send private message View jjlink's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

https://tunein.com/radio/Streaming-Soundtracks-s1562/
is just the web page, Alexa would need the actual HTTPS URL for the stream its self.
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone would know the URL of a direct stream, I could use it as well. I was trying to get SST running on LibreELEC on my Raspi, the easisest solution i had so far would be a direct URL for a radio stream. HTML and flashplayer pages both don't work for me there. Just adding my two cents Wink
bwims
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 49388

bwims is offline View user's profile Send private message bwims's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

jjlink wrote:

This may or may not help. There is a Node Red contribution on Github

here

I have to use it to play Streaming Soundtracks on my Echo because they seem to have royally screwed up their syntax parsing. There is a "Play by ID" function which works quite well. I'm guessing all the code required would be in there in some form.
Germany Baghira
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a way to play on Alexa without coding or ID usage. It's a bit of a detour, but works. You have to use the Alexa App on your smartphone:

goto play tunein and search for "Streaming Soundtracks" (mind the space, without i couldn't find the radio) and select play on your Echo or other connected device.

After a music pause i could restart the radio by saying (german) "Alexa, letztes Radio fortsetzen." (english translation: Alexa, continue last radio station)
USA Kinnicutt VIP (subscribed member)
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Kinnicutt is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Kinnicutt's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Baghira wrote:
I found a way to play on Alexa without coding or ID usage. It's a bit of a detour, but works. You have to use the Alexa App on your smartphone:

goto play tunein and search for "Streaming Soundtracks" (mind the space, without i couldn't find the radio) and select play on your Echo or other connected device.

After a music pause i could restart the radio by saying (german) "Alexa, letztes Radio fortsetzen." (english translation: Alexa, continue last radio station)

That Worked Perfect! I've been wishing for a way to get it to stream there.
Thanks for figuring that out!
And who ever designed the coding/linking to TuneIn, thank you too!
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to playing SST via TuneIn on an Alexa Device, which you have to endure a few ads inserted by TuneIn, One can use an Alexa Echo SHOW device to play SST on the 24SevenPlayer You'll see the Album Cover and play / pause controls. And Under the right side menu A truncated Current Queue, History lists.

To set it up from the home page, from the top of the screen pull the drop down list. Select VIDEOS. Then scroll from the right to the BING-show web Icon. Select and enter this In the URL address spot.:

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/ng-apps/web-player/24SevenPlayer.html

Then upon the page loading, select the bookmark ribbon at the top to save it. Subsequent times simply at the left, select the little "grid" where you'll see the bookmarks to load it again.

Any readers manage to get it to work this way? Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: