StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Listen to SST on your cell phone - anywhere!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA NightHawkFan01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 28964

NightHawkFan01 is offline View user's profile Send private message View NightHawkFan01's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? SST and the rest of the 2/7 family are the only ones I CAN get to work reliably on AOR. But I also haven't tried it in a while.
USA NightHawkFan01
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 28964

NightHawkFan01 is offline View user's profile Send private message View NightHawkFan01's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... seems to be working for me... not sure which of the streams you're using but I am using the 64kbps one and it works and sounds just great.
VictoriaElla
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 30800

VictoriaElla is offline View user's profile Send private message VictoriaElla's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds good, I will try it later, now the cell phone are more and more popular and it has developed very rapidly, some parts are constantly updated,

By the way, you say:Post here how it works for you, especially if you're VIP and have access to 128kbps stream. It buffers from time to time for me, I guess the O2 in my country don't have the 3G network finetuned yet. Should it need a VIP?

Last edited by VictoriaElla on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

VIP gets you more than the higher bitrate streams (and I'm not sure that's even still a VIP only thing...I've been VIP for so long I lose track), but also more frequent request, etc. Check out the VIP page for more information.

jeff
sdg
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi VictoriaElla! Welcome to SST!

There was a time when 128kbps streams were available only for VIPs. Now it's history. No special streams for VIPs anymore and you don't need VIP status to test all the streams.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying, molossus.

jeff
sdg
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently installed TuneIn Radio for my ipad. It streams all kind of radio stations. National ones, local ones, world wide ones, and of course: SST.

It has an android client too.

I can now wake up with SST as my alarm.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:

I can now wake up with SST as my alarm.

Cool! Cool

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Canada Last_Starfighter
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 29174

Last_Starfighter is offline View user's profile Send private message View Last_Starfighter's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Streaming on an Android....? Reply with quote

Kinnicutt wrote:
Hello, Folks.

Is there anyone that currently listens to SST on their Android phone? I have tried AOR (Android Online Radio). It shows up in a search inside the app, but upon selecting the stream it buffers for a few seconds then kicks out. It's the only stream on there that pretends to work but doesn't.

I've tried it on an app called XiiaLive and it said it streamed AAC+ Same thing, buffered and stopped.

Is there a working solution out there? Confused

I have Android OS 2.2 currently.

Thanks.
kinnicutt

Hi Kinnicutt & other ANDROID users,

I think i've stumbled on a great player to stream SST on your phones (i'm using an HTC DesireZ, but any Android w/data should be fine). It's called TUNE IN RADIO, and you can find it for FREE on the Android Market, i've been using it for about 2 weeks already and no problems so far. Just search for STREAMINGSOUNDTRACKS and add it into your presets. It's a nice simple player with some nice options (like setting your streaming bandwith).
I've also tried LIVE365 RADIO but i don't like it as much (maybe cause they're still in Beta), i've gotten Forced Closes, while it's nice to have cover art displayed it's usually covered by advertising getting you to sign up as a VIP LIVE365 member, and after 1 week of use it wouldn't let me use the app at all unless i pay $. But just today i tried and i was able to get on SST again, and this is after 4 weeks of not using it.

Enjoy SST on the go people! Wink

AL
USA DominoRider
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 14302

DominoRider is offline View user's profile Send private message View DominoRider's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:19 pm   Post subject: Streaming on iPhone 6+ in 2015 Reply with quote

Hello everyone;
I saw that this thread had not been updated since Aug 2011 but wnated to let everyone know that I was able to find the Tune In Radio app in the Apple App Store, load it on my iPhone 6+, and stream SST without any issues.

Happy Listening .. Very Happy
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:58 am   Post subject: The original subject Reply with quote

Hello, the link in the OP doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know if there is something to replace it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: