StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Kill Bill Vol 1 vs Vol 2!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Which is the better film: Kill Bill Vol 1 or Kill Bill Vol 2?
Kill Bill Vol 1
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Kill Bill Vol 2
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
You can only consider them as two parts of a single work of art, hence the question is not relevant
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:57 am   Post subject: Kill Bill Vol 1 vs Vol 2! Reply with quote

I just saw Kill Bill Vol 2 and I have to say that it was far more different from Vol 1 than I was expecting. That said, in the end I think I liked it better. Let's see what everyone thinks... after all, I'm sure this is a film that most of you are going to see in the near future.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, don't know why you'd think most of us are going to see this... The first one made only 93 in the international box office, which would indicate that most of us haven't seen the first one let alone the second.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, although I think that a lot of cinemaphiles went to see it in spite of its lack of broader appeal. And I think that quite a few people around here are cinemaphiles.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Kill Bill vol 2 the conclusion or is there gonna be a third one?
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the conclusion. It was originally going to be one movie, but Tarantino pushed for it to be split into two because he couldn't cut it down to a reasonable length.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was going to have a third.... hmmmm....
Canada holojedi
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 949

holojedi is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website holojedi's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some friend of mine at work planned to go see the second one with out seing the first one, this is dumb! I told them to rent the »DVD first...

From my part can wait to have a free time to see it
Keith Moore
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 55

Keith Moore is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Keith Moore's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just caught vol.2 yesterday. Very good, great dialogue, great camerawork, none of the blood that the first one had. Still, I can't help feeling the ending was flat. All this buildup and...pfft. This whole series--even though I liked it--felt a bit too self-indulgent, like no one wanted to tell Tarantino he should cut a few scenes because, well, it's "Tarantino".

But it was cool.
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

***SPOILER WARNING*** (edit by Cocles)

Tarantino is planning to make a third volume with Vivica Fox's daughter seeking revenge on Uma Thurman. I saw Volume 2 last Wednesday and it kicked ass! I still haven't seen Volume 1 yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

How about no spoilers. The movie isn't even out yet in the Netherlands.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

GR81, you come on this forum as a self proclaimed film guru, yet lack the common knowledge to give spoiler warnings. Are you daft? Don't care? A freshman in film school? If what you're writing is going to spoil something about the movie for your reader, warn them!

And for goodness sake, don't be a doofus.
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about not including a spoiler warning. But should that really stop anyone from going to see Volume 2? Caliburn, you'll enjoy the movie when it comes out over there. Cocles, I'm going to ignore the doofus remark and promise you that I will always give a spoiler warning if what I'm going to write spoils something for the readers. And I'm not being arrogant!
Moving on, did anyone see Tarantino when he was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (last October for Vol. 1 and a couple of weeks ago for Vol. 2)? He was hilarious.
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

***** SPOILER WARNING *****

I really liked vol 2, and when put with the first half of the movie, its really great and comes to full circle nicely. My only complaints was that Michael Madsen's character met a cheap death, and gets the movie's "Dr. Evil" award (if you want that explained, ask me) and the final confrontation with Bill wasn't long enough. Yeah, granted the Bride had taken more than enough punishment on her way to Bill, but I thought that final confrontation warrented one last grand fight scene, something like David Carridean suggested as Bill "A samurai sword duel at sunrise on the beach" which is straight out of an old samurai movie.

I really liked the ending because it wasn't the happy reunion ending one suspected. It had a very uneasy feeling that Tarantino wanted a viewer to have because he left something very ambigous that people familiar with Taratino wouldn't put it past him to do at the very end of the movie. Also, at the end, to me and my friend, is what we thought was a great bit of directing as the Bride is crying on the bathroom floor hugging her daughter's teddybear. Doesn't that scene look similiar to another scene in the movie? Smile

One last thing, I really like David Carridean despite what people may say. Even though one could sense the menace he was, he almost got me to sympathize with Bill when it showed that he had been a caring father. This was a great role for him.

***** END SPOILER *****

Asm0de00s
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 4494

Asm0de00s is offline View user's profile Send private message Asm0de00s's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the second volume is simply different... The touch of spaghetti western is easy to notice, the gore level is way below the one in vol. 1. The plot? Well, simply put - Tarantino at his best, borrowing the known and loved parts from many, many classical movies.

I cannot compare vol 1 to vol 2... Now the Kill Bill is whole, it is one awesome movie that I will love until I drop. It is 15 years of waiting for the sequel - I will wait. Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I greatly preferred Vol. 2 because it focused a lot more on emotional relationships and rivalries between assassins compared to Vol. 1. Still has a little blood, but it wasn't excessive like Vol. 1.

Tarantino did a masterful job of matching music to highlight the mood of certain scenes (I loved his use of spaghetti western music!).

The movie had some great dialogue, a surprising plot twist, and Daryl Hannah was deliciously evil. But it still felt rather empty because there wasn't a climactic ending- it seemed like Tarantino was thumbing his nose at Hollywood convention just to be cool. That was annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: