StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How do you manage your favourites?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 am   Post subject: How do you manage your favourites? Reply with quote

Hey, I'd like to make my favourites public some time, as most people have it public... but I would like to know to what degree you have sorted your favourites! As if there are hundreds of tracks in there, which seems to be the case for more people than just me, wouldn't it be way too big of an endeavour to go ranking them all??
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mine are mostly unsorted, i started with the tracks i liked most in the beginning and which are not that often played, then added the ones i like, but which are more often played. Now I add tracks i like to hear again or just like at the end. Once in a while I try to sort some of newer ones to the top, basically judging which one i prefer to hear starting with the first, which makes up the first ~30 tracks of my list. the rest is still unsorted Very Happy
ola's system is much more advanced though Wink
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 40 or so tracks are the ones that I want to play as often as I can, so I will instantly see if one of those is available any time I go to favs.

After that there are some main groups (Whoooo of course for me, but also classical ones together etc) so I can find those easily if that is what I am in the mood for and again see easily which are available.
And of course at the bottom are all the most recent ones that haven't been sorted or are just flagged to listen to again before removing from the list.
In between they are mostly just in a random order, but if I look for a track and have a hard time finding it I'll probably move it up the list somewhat.

So I won't often do a full-sort, just adjust the position of individual tracks as I pick them.

Also note that you can click on most of the headings at the top of the favorites list to auto-sort them, so you can sort by artist, title, length, most-recent (or least-recent) played etc. Clicking on the first number column will sort them back into your preferred order.
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have them alphabetized by album, but lately I've been slacking off, and just letting new additions fall where they may.

On December 21, it's useful to be able to sort them by length with a click.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a track -> I press the heart. That is about it Smile
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know, all, thanks. Smile What browser do you use to manage your favourites? I can't get it to work...
Germany danleich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

firefox, since forever. But don't ask about the versions, @work we have it fixed to an older one and @home i usually have the newest one.
What is it you are hanging with? If you want to make them public, there is a small text in the top left, where it says "Your favorites are..." the ... is a link to switch the status of your favorites. Took me a while to find it Wink
If you want to sort them, you can click on the info-icon next to the track, then more detailed info should appear (though i heard of some browser related issues with that). Among that you have a field with the current position of that specific track in your favs. change the number and click on "go", then you changed the position, easy as that. You have to to that for each track though, so quite tedious if you want to manage multiple tracks Very Happy hence our previous statements with the few sorted tracks Wink
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... that information tab doesn't work well. On Edge it sometimes stays for a bit, but disappears after less than a minute. On Chrome it disappears within a second every time. Internet Explorer seems to be in-between. I'll install Mozilla Firefox later, hopefully it'll work on that.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked Firefox 64.0.2. Track detail panel works ok in FF.
But Opera 58.0.3135.65 doesn't do the trick.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My info panel disappears at random - sometimes if I lose it in tab 1 I can open a new tab & go to favorites & it will show up again, at least for a while.

One thing that may be giving it problems is that I usually have text set to 150% (on Windows).
Lieutenant

Member#: 28769

Akula is offline View user's profile Send private message Akula's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoom your browser out to 50% & refresh (may require a magnifying glass), side bar will return & remain for the duration whilst you order your fav list, whatever. Then return your browser to 100-150% Wink
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Akula wrote:
Zoom your browser out to 50% & refresh (may require a magnifying glass), side bar will return & remain for the duration whilst you order your fav list, whatever. Then return your browser to 100-150% Wink

Thanks for the tip; that does help, strangely! It still disappears after a while, but now it actually stays for long enough to be able to actually do stuff. Razz Rolling Eyes

I made a rough top 25. Smile I was going for a top 50 but at this point I didn't really know what to put where anymore, so the rest might be better as it is now, fairly random. Razz In the top 25 I put tracks together that belonged together.
I also selected and ordered my 5 favourite albums so far.
Now my favourites are public. Very Happy
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have a sorted top 50! Very Happy There are probably still some tracks unsorted or even unfavourited that ought to be in the top 50, though. Wink But in any case, anything in my top 50 is something I like particularly well. Wink
Poland martino VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was trying to keep my favorites in order but eventually I gave up. I have deleted recently all my favorite albums. Maybe I should do the same with tracks and start again and be more methodical. Anyway, my track order doesn't matter at all. I'm not able to say what is my number 1, 2, ..., 150, etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: