StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Seeking Input from Listeners: Adding Older Scores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Would you like to see these Older Scores Added to SST
ADD These Older Scores To SST
100%
 100%  [ 10 ]
DO NOT ADD These Older Scores To SST
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

USA Jim_A
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13205

Jim_A is offline View user's profile Send private message Jim_A's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:08 am   Post subject: Seeking Input from Listeners: Adding Older Scores Reply with quote

I added a Poll, but I'm mostly interested in input re: how many Listeners would like to see these OLDER scores added to the site vs. how many Listeners would NOT like to see these OLDER scores added to the site.

So I'm opening this up to commenting. Also, feel free to suggest additional scores not currently on the site which would fit snugly into the category of 'Older Scores' for Older films.

- Death Becomes Her (Alan Silvestri)
- Disclosure (Ennio Morricone)
- John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness (John Carpenter, in Association with Alan Howarth)
- Rising Sun (Toru Takemitsu)
- The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (Miklos Rozsa)
- Police Academy (Robert Folk)
- House/House II: The Second Story (Harry Manfredini)

- Moviola II: Action & Adventure (John Barry)
*(Scores represented here are already present on
the site, but are different arrangements. Having
listened to the CD myself, I can say it would be a
valuable addition to the library.)

- John Williams Greatest Hits 1969-1999 (John Williams)
*(Another compilation containing tracks already
represented on the site, and as before, these
are different arrangements.
In fact, I noted only one track not currently
available on the site, and that is:
'The Sugarland Express.')

Let me know what you think.

Be well,

~ Jim
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would like to see Death Becomes Her and ALL 7 of the Police Academy scores added personally Smile
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5698

Locutus76 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Locutus76's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of John Carpenter's work. The rest, yes please...
Admiral (Administrator)

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it really depends on which one of his works LOL. Escape from New York is not too shabby Smile

Locutus76 wrote:
Not a big fan of John Carpenter's work. The rest, yes please...

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand in what way the 'older' matters.
UK Akula
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 28769

Akula is offline View user's profile Send private message Akula's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morg wrote:
"Well, I would like to see 'Death Becomes Her' and ALL 7 of the 'Police Academy' scores added personally" Smile

Definitely!!! Yes! Please! Very Happy
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Police Academy should be added soon, I believe (donated by molossus).
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!

martino wrote:
Police Academy should be added soon, I believe (donated by molossus).

Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing When you said "older" tracks I was assuming you meant some 30s, 40s & 50s, not 70s & 80s. But maybe that was because I was just looking for a Richard Addinsell collection we could get or some more Ron Goodwin or Laurie Johnson.

I'm fine with the individual soundtracks you list but I'm not that keen on the compilations you mention. I do like to have different arrangements personally, but I'm not so sure about having additional versions on SST as it just seems a way of bypassing the "can only play this once every two weeks" requirement.

Last edited by Dragonel on Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Poland martino VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know any of these soundtracks (except Police Academy), so it’s difficult to decide. However, I’m fine with Manfredini. Actually, I’d suggest his other albums, like Timemaster or DeepStar Six, to have more choice than F13 Wink The availability and price can be a problem, though.
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the compilations seem redundant, all others, yes please.
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Dragon – when I read "older" my first thought was 40s-60s not 70s-80s. LOL (But then, as I'm a Gen X'er, that's my native frame of reference and surely I'm not that old, right? Razz ) And as 607 mentioned, I don't really see what difference it makes to be "older" either – who cares when it was composed if the music is good?

Personally, I find it easier to donate older titles like these, just from a practical point of view. Ten different people might buy the newest Marvel album with the intention to send it in, but all save one turn out to be unwitting extras – money wasted, or the hassle of returning, whichever. (Hence our donations thread here in the forums, hoping to prevent a lot of this.) By contrast, if you plan to send in a 20-plus-year-old title, odds are good that nobody else is thinking of that one at the exact same time. It's often more satisfying to donate older stuff, too. New releases typically elicit the same reaction – "hey, new stuff!" – but when I've sent in oldies, I've gotten comments like, "haven't heard this in years!" or "oh I loved this as a kid!" That to me can be a much more gratifying return for the same money spent!

Anyway, you listed some particular titles...

* Death Becomes Her (Alan Silvestri) - Yes, please! This one has been on my own watch list for a while, but it's OOP and I haven't been able to find a good price on a good copy.

* Morricone, Rozsa, Barry - I'm not familiar with any of these specific albums, but just going by the composers I'd guess they are pretty safe bets to be well received here. With the Barry in particular, I think it would depend on how different of an arrangement you're talking about.

* Williams - I'm always happy to hear more JW Wink but I'd definitely check with Jeric before sending in this one. As with the Barry above, new arrangements may or may not be different enough to qualify for inclusion, and if not, you'd essentially be sending in a whole album for just the one Sugarland Express track. Up to you whether that's a worthwhile expenditure of your dollar.

* Carpenter - like Locutus, just not a fan

* Takemitsu - don't know it but willing to give a listen to new material!

* Police Academy (Robert Folk) - As martino noted, this one has already been donated by mol & is just waiting for an update to appear. Save your money!

(Btw, here is the community donation thread, for future reference:
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8857
Keep in mind, it's informal & purely voluntary for people to post here what they're donating, so the list may not always be 100% complete. But glancing over the latest pages and checking against them might spare you some money & energy from unintentionally buying duplicates.)

On the whole, I vote up. Thanks for considering donating these!
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

martino wrote:
However, I’m fine with Manfredini. Actually, I’d suggest his other albums, like Timemaster or DeepStar Six, to have more choice than F13 Wink The availability and price can be a problem, though.

Actually we do have another Manfredini title – Iron Eagle III – but currently it's the only one.

I don't at all know the House / House II which Jim offered so can't comment on those. As for the other titles you mentioned...

I've searched for DeepStar Six many times before and, being OOP for ages, it's insanely expensive when you can find it at all, which you generally can't. This one doesn't seem a likely addition here unless somebody already has a copy with which they'd be willing to part, and to forego the cash benefit of selling it. (You'd probably have better luck contacting the label and asking for a re-release, or the composer at his website & requesting a donation.) Too bad – from what I've heard it sounds like a nice score.

However, Amazon does carry Timemaster: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QPV3PP/
Price isn't bad, at a far more reasonable $20 and free Prime shipping... or a few bucks less right now from Marketplace sellers.
USA Jim_A
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13205

Jim_A is offline View user's profile Send private message Jim_A's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So far only eight responses, looking for more !
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think you need more, Jim?
I don't think we get huge numbers looking at the Forums these days, and 8 out of 8 in favor seems pretty decisive - it's not like we are arguing about it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: