StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Favorites "detail" pane disappearing

View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:31 pm   Post subject: Favorites "detail" pane disappearing Reply with quote

I recently started running SST on a new PC (Windows 10, Chrome, screen resolution of 1920 x1080) and I've been having issues with the Detail Pane on Favorites vanishing. Occasionally it is okay, sometimes it appears but remains at the top of the favorites list as I scroll down, more and more it seems to appear and then vanish immediately. I tried clearing the cached data and this seemed to work the first time but then the problem re-occurred.

This is quite frustrating as I often use that for going to the album to select additional tracks if my favorite is non-requestable, and of course is the only way for deleting favorites or changing their order.

Anybody else seen this or have any ideas?
My guess would be it is having problems with calculating it's scroll position, but I'm not sure what is causing that or how to rectify it.

Edit: SIN reminded me the pane can be pinned, so I tried that, but it still disappeared. It vanished when I came back to Favorites after having used the pane to click-through to an album. When it comes back I'll try that again and see if it was a coincidence.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem occasionally.
Last time it happened was yesterday, today it's working fine... /shrug
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

it reminds me of similar problem with drop down menus some people used to have. It was caused by a view in your browser zoomed above 100 %.
Maybe this time we have a similar reason? But it's only a guess.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the view was set to 100% and that seemed to help for a while, but the pane vanished again today.

It seems to happen after I have clicked on the cover picture to go to an album
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.
Today the pane was showing so I was taking the opportunity to re-arrange a few favorites. The pane disappeared after I had changed a couple of fav positions (which do a refresh) so that means it is not directly caused by zoom, pinning or any other characteristic of the pane.
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel, have you tried to use other browsers such as Firefox? Does the problem occur there as well?
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems it may have been an issue with the adverts - added an adblocker and it has been beautifully behaved for a couple of days ......
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
Seems it may have been an issue with the adverts - added an adblocker and it has been beautifully behaved for a couple of days ......

Well, it did for a short while, then stopped again. I think it has something to do with Windows being in 4K resolution & setting the text-size to > 100% (which also causes all of the menu popups to be disconnected from their buttons).

However, I think I've finally (18 months later) found a work-around for the Favorites info panel. If I select the "fav" heart on the Currently Playing track when it is red, this takes me directly to the favorites page and usually the info pane is showing (I guess because it is being set to that particular track). Now I just need to wait for one of my favs to play ....

I can also add the current track to my favs ..... but that bloats the list quickly as the pane disappears when I delete the newly added track Rolling Eyes
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Akula’s trick to go around this problem when you need it:

Quote:
Zoom your browser out to 50% & refresh (may require a magnifying glass), side bar will return & remain for the duration whilst you order your fav list, whatever. Then return your browser to 100-150%

I copied Akula’s post from one of the threads in General forums where this issue was also discussed.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
This is Akula’s trick to go around this problem when you need it:

Quote:
Zoom your browser out to 50% & refresh (may require a magnifying glass), side bar will return & remain for the duration whilst you order your fav list, whatever. Then return your browser to 100-150%

I copied Akula’s post from one of the threads in General forums where this issue was also discussed.

I saw that, but it doesn't always work for me (and when it does, 50% is too small to clearly read what I am doing, which is why my Windows font-size is set larger in the first place). But good to have both ways listed together so people can try and see what works for them.
Lieutenant

Member#: 37055

danleich is offline View user's profile Send private message View danleich's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon, have you tried clicking on red hearts in the respective albums? They also redirect you to the track in your fav's. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: