StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Android Player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Denmark cpmonster VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 16399

cpmonster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View cpmonster's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:15 am   Post subject: The Android Player Reply with quote

Hello.

Google suddenly decided the app has too many permissions and blocked access to the app on Google app store.
.. I know, right?

For those of us, who decided not to live in constant fear, I have provided an opt to download the app and install it manually Smile

Please be advised: Your phone might not allow this; a security setting has to be enabled (Allow apps from unknown sources).
For reasons unknown they keep rearranging the settings on every mayor update, so its hard to tell you where this setting is located on your specific android.

Logically this option would be located in the security group, which some guides will confirm as well.
- Not on my one plus though.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Android Player" sounds like the title of a sci-fi romance novel. "She would beat the Player at his own game… if their circuits didn't overload first!"

This was off-topic and not helpful. Thank you for your indulgence, and carry on. Best of luck with the apps.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

cpmonster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View cpmonster's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Except; I forgot I can't add files in here. I should have a file server somewhere.
Poland olaziolek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 23654

olaziolek is offline View user's profile Send private message View olaziolek's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear Very Happy lady inque, i'd read that
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I finally decided to update the app and it turns out, I mostly have to answer a couple of questions about the content.
I thought I had to change all sorts of stuff Smile

I do have to rebuild for target API 26, which hopefully should be a formality.
If I remember correctly I'm using like 11 or so. yeah, I'm a bit behind.

Also; something about one of the permissions are not allowed: PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS
Maybe I only need Read_Phone_state
This also should be a minimum of work.

But; The are very anal on the whole missing privacy information and I¨m clueless on how to meet these requirements.

Here is the response from Google:

Privacy policy link invalid
We were unable to verify your privacy policy because the link you provided does not work.
Please add or update your privacy policy and make sure it is available on an active URL, applies to your app, and specifically covers user privacy. Learn more about privacy policy requirements in the Developer Policy Center.
If the URL provided points to multiple privacy policies, please make any necessary external changes (within the app, your website, and the Play Store listing - as necessary) to point to one singular governing privacy policy. You must link to a privacy policy on your app's store listing page and within your app.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/10144311?visit_id=637548047636464607-3486710232&rd=1#!?zippy_activeEl=personal-sensitive

It's a netradio player for Pete's sake - get over yourself.
These guys..

So; I need a policy page with some privacy mumbo jumbo, that states I'm not doing anything privacy related, not storing anything. Basically nothing really.
Seems stupid, but this is the way of the Google land.

I might need some help with the latter though, maybe I can store the page somewhere on 24/7 site?
This should be the easy part, but I dont know what to write.

If there are members in legal, I'd appreciate some help with the privacy text.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

IANAL (I am not a lawyer), this is purely opinion Wink However I probably need to do something similar for a website soon, so am happy to look into it.

On a quick search I came to https://www.freeprivacypolicy.com/blog/privacy-policy-no-personal-data-collected/
which seems to give a reasonable explanation of why you would still need one and offers a couple of examples of other sites that have had a "we don't use any data" policy. I wouldn't bother trying their "free policy generator" though.
If there is truly no user data used, I'd go for something very simple "No user data is captured or stored so your privacy is not at risk".

However if the app interacts with membership at all (eg the user can log in) then you will need a policy basically just saying what is collected (username & password) and how it is used (passed to SST for verification). And if passed to SST to verify, then you'd want a link to SST's privacy policy.

The Google note says there is already a URL for this - if so, is that on SST or set up somewhere else?
If not, or it is now inaccessible I agree an SST page would be the best place to host it. SST should probably have their own Privacy policy somewhere at least for dealing with GPDR in Europe as well.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this will do:
They even host it for me Smile

https://www.privacypolicies.com/live/aefb962d-d4c3-4c43-a969-52a3e684ccd3
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one. For storage.
I think its the same though:

https://www.privacypolicies.com/live/5fc50c64-d9cd-4df4-a248-7a6d388c7de3
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh.. first one is eula
second is privacy policy.
that was easy Smile
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the policy references contact to "cpmunster" not "cpmonster". Is that just a different alias you use on email?

I didn't realize you were part of the Munsters family Wink
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Some bozo snapped my alias way way back and when I find him....

- Well I did and his name has nothing to do with cp or monster.

Thanks anyway Smile

Email is cpmunster
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cpmonster wrote:
Some bozo snapped my alias way way back and when I find him....

I had that problem with Gmail .... then realized I had signed up myself earlier (but with no password recovery so couldn't get back in) Sad
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news - Google requires the app to render in 64 bit mode, which is no problem exclusively.

However; The AAC(+) Decoder part is really giving me headaches. Its soo old and soo unsupported and most, if not all, tech/forum posts on the subject are more than ten years old.

- Is there a substantiel portion of members still using this 15 year old codec?

If so; do we have any statistics on this? Five, fifty, 500 or 5000 members on daily basis?
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cpmonster wrote:
Bad news - Google requires the app to render in 64 bit mode, which is no problem exclusively.

However; The AAC(+) Decoder part is really giving me headaches. Its soo old and soo unsupported and most, if not all, tech/forum posts on the subject are more than ten years old.

- Is there a substantiel portion of members still using this 15 year old codec?

If so; do we have any statistics on this? Five, fifty, 500 or 5000 members on daily basis?

I would guess anyone using that would be more concerned about retaining 32kbps bandwidth than the AAC codec itself. Is there a different codec you could use to achieve that?
[a quick Google got me to https://www.xda-developers.com/opus-codec-high-quality-audio-32-kbps/ but I don't know enough to know if that helps.]
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dragonel - I've been through three or four different codecs; compiled libraries and source code. I even tried compiling it myself in some shitty old language called C.
Mein gott. That's a fifty year old syntax - these people need to move on Smile

I see no mention of compiled android libraries for 64 bit anywhere on that site - iOS and Windows is mentioned though.

There are a few AAC codecs out there, but I need it compiled for android in 64 bit.
Since this codec was written before the internet, smartphones and the 64 bit CPU Smile They are hard to come by.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: