StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Need help finding a soundtrack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
coffeesplinter
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9889

coffeesplinter is offline View user's profile Send private message coffeesplinter's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:32 pm   Post subject: Need help finding a soundtrack Reply with quote

Ok so I've been looking for a certain soundtrack forever and hoping you guys might be able to help. I dont know the name of it so it's going to be kind of hard. I don't know if its an anime sound track or just oriental instrumental music. The album cover/art is black, white and grey and all artsy fartsy. The song list was all in Japanese or chinese. I know its not a lot of information. I never really looked closely at it but it was beautiful.
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that isn't a lot to go on...

Just a random guess, Death Note Vol I ?

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B000K0YFIS
USA MojoPin VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4569

MojoPin is offline View user's profile Send private message View MojoPin's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As GalFin said, that's not a lot to go on – any more details? You said the song list was "all in Japanese or Chinese" ... meaning symbols or romanized? Titles on SST would be romanized for the db... so was it something you heard somewhere else, or have you ever heard it here on the station? How long ago? "Artsy" cover how – all graphics? Any people on it or other description you can recall? Do you remember particular instruments from the music? Etc etc etc. There are quite a few anime fans in the community here so the more detail you can provide, the more likely someone can help identify your mystery album.

Without more info to go by, my first thought, if you aren't certain it's from an anime, is that it could be a game soundtrack instead. Final Fantasy series, for instance, has lots of "piano collection" titles with pretty instrumentals and b&w themed covers:
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Requests&searchfor=1&browse=&random=&randomleast=&letter=&rangeyear=&genrefilter=&searchpgstart=1&album=%A0%A0Album%A0%A0&artist=%A0%A0%A0%A0Artist%A0%A0%A0&year=%A0%A0%A0%A0%A0Year%A0&searchby=album&searchtext=final+fantasy&search=Search
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the music itself? You are suggesting oriental instrumental music, but can you point to some similar music to give us an idea what it sounds like?
Can you pick out two or three albums or tracks on SST that are close?
Cadet 1

Member#: 48410

zattkgem1 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website zattkgem1's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:33 am   Post subject: That's nice song Reply with quote

That's nice song. I really love it.
boardgamesaz
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 50799

boardgamesaz is offline View user's profile Send private message boardgamesaz's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

it's really nice and meanful. it's a really cool blog. Linking is a very useful thing. you have really helped lots of people who visit the blog and provide them useful information.
Spam Removed
herringbur
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 51281

herringbur is offline View user's profile Send private message herringbur's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's both nice and mean. It's a fantastic blog. Connecting is a really handy feature. You have greatly aided many visitors to the blog by providing them with important information.

spam link removed - mol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: