StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Transformers-a possible new movie-still in talks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-son, YOU DA MAN!
I agree with the metal. Maybe a hard-core rap/metal clooaboration type, or tecno/metal. I always liked that stuff (for example Judgement Day soundtrack was great IMHO)
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

no rap pls. heavy metal/techno/classical for this movie.
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, at first glance the idea of a Transformer movie looks good, but when I really think about it, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it suck... like cutting corners on the visual effects. So... I kind of hope it falls through.

But if they did make a good movie, I'd definitely like to see a big, brassy orchestral score on it. Some electronic elements would be welcome, but I'd think that they should be secondary.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... just a bit off-topic.... but how are the other movies? And how many are there? ;-)

Never watched one. I saw episodes on TV when I was a kid. But that was a looong time ago and can't really remember.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing There's only one movie, Cal... it had that Vince diCola score and featured Orson Welles as the voice of some big transforming planet. Still, it was very entertaining, especially if you liked the old TV show.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some good Hard core rap. I don't meen the mainstream hip-hop we here on the top 40.

I am scared of a movie coming myself. It would suck if they screwed it up but it would suck more if they didn't try at all.
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would be a good composer for this movie? I figured it should be someone who is not known for scoring this type of film. Remember when Peter Jackson hired Howard Shore? A composer not known for writing sci-fi scores could possibly be hired and write an incredible composition in the same way Howard Shore surprised everyone with his Lord of the Rings scores. If this was done, who would the composer be?
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As I had read about it, Hurr, the movie is going to be a CGI flick. I am quite sure everyone has seen a CGI animation of a New VW Beetle transforming into a Autobot. If you haven't I will give you a link

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/msmith1015/Frames.htm

and when you go to this page, go to June 17th, 2003.
There you will see a pic of a VW bug and a link for a MPG. Happy viewing!
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The big planet eating robot was called Unicron - that was the film that killed off all the old cool transformers (like Optimus Prime) and welcomed in a few dull ones with even more daft names (Rodimus Prime - actually not much different). Anyway, enough of my embarassing Transformers knowledge.

I agree with Hurr, the soundtrack should be symphonic perhaps with electronics used as motifs for certain characters. What about Elliot Goldenthal? His score for Final Fantasy was excellent and that really was against type. Or, as gr81 suggested, Perhaps Thomas Newman for the same reason that FF:Spirits Within st was a success.

By the way, mickey, the video is brilliant!
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked That animation is pretty cool, especially for a demo.

BTW, Mellowman, I agree with your suggestion that Elliot Goldenthal might be a good choice. If Jerry Goldsmith is up to it healthwise, he'd also be good. Maybe even Ed Shearmur. I think he'd do a great job.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mickeybumps97 wrote:
I am quite sure everyone has seen a CGI animation of a New VW Beetle transforming into a Autobot. If you haven't I will give you a link

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/msmith1015/Frames.htm

and when you go to this page, go to June 17th, 2003.
There you will see a pic of a VW bug and a link for a MPG. Happy viewing!

Thank you mickey, I had been searching around for this video to post here for everyone. Thanks. Cool
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is quite brilliant. I actually have it saved on my computer. When I saw it, it blew my mind away. How Bumblebee has grown! It is a sign of things to come, my friends.
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Damn! check this out. Now i think this will be cool. Thats if it's not kiddied down.

http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5673
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! I like the sound of that, Although I wonder what their target audience will be here? The old school transformer fans from way back when? or a new younger audience? Like you said Obi, it'd suck if it was kiddied down.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming Soon! wrote:

Hasbro will work with the production team, DreamWorks and Paramount on all aspects of the film's creative development, marketing, promotions and will manage merchandising in conjunction with the release of the film.

I think based on this that the target audience will be kiddies (and their parents' money).

jeff
sdg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: