StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

[Remove]: Simpsons, The: Songs In The Key Of Springfield
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should we get rid of the album from SST?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 19 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 19 ]
Not sure
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 41

Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I say don't delete. Annoying songs, yes maybe, but there is always the mute button... And so many other wonderful tracks to choose from so I don't mind an occasional irritating song.
Denmark cpmonster VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 16399

cpmonster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View cpmonster's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to blow this out of proportions, but this question raises the obvious question that has never really been settled: What is SST to you - the community; genre wise?

SST, For me, is about the tune, true to the genre of "orchestral made music for films and suchs". I know that could rule out a few other albums as well; but lets take one step at a time. its about music I can listen to for hours and hours without that (annoying) craving to jump around the room dancing, singing or screaming Smile I use it mainly for work, concentration required matter, when I read a book or background music at dates and dinner parties in my apartment. Simpsons really doesn't work on the latter.

Consequently I have to add: Should you all click your heals together three times and say yes because some of us cant concentrate? ofc not Smile In the end The mute button is right there. All I ask is that requesters think twice about requesting from albums with less than three stars.

So; Here is my request, vote and suggestion on this matter: Lets make it a rule that SST only has music from REAL musicals and no further. That means Simpsons related albums must be removed (and hopefully Buffy as well). But; it should keep albums such as Nightmare before Christmas, that Barber album with Johnny Depp in Elm Street was it? And those arbitrary Juan tracks, that Masked cares so much about Smile

PS. I have been working on this in my mind for a while (surprised?) and some of my opinions do surface from time to time on the chat; usually when a certain someone requests yet another Simpsons track, yet again killing my concentration for the third time while listening to SST that day. In these moments I can come off a bit rough on the chat - for that I apologize.

//Münster
Finland GalFin
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... well.
I don't particularly enjoy many orchestral tracks as well, but my take on Simpsons and Buffy songs are: They are kind of like jokes that are told knowing well that some of us won't laught at them.

So, don't remove, please. If we start on this there will be no end on sight...

I'll just keep the mute button at hand (especially for those truly annoying Turrican tracks Wink ). If I wish to hear only music I like, I listen to my own music collection.
Germany SoundtrackTrea...
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 31630

SoundtrackTreasury is offline View user's profile Send private message View SoundtrackTreasury's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Many songs that were composed for a specific movie and/or played an integral part in it are not included in the playlist. What makes those Simposon tracks so very special then?

Personal taste is always a factor, too, of course. I mute the stream or switch to another station as soon as I hear any of the Simpson tracks, because I simply find them most annoying.

My question is: why were the Simpson talk-alot-and-cannot-really-sing-tracks included in the playlist in the first place when a lot of songs from other movies are left out? Personally, I don't see a real pattern for this selection-process.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in favour of removing dialogue tracks, but it looks like they have some fans too.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Poland martino VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

aw

Member#: 24057

martino is offline View user's profile Send private message View martino's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, boy ... I’m doomed. Some tracks from Simpsons were queued by me Embarassed I promise I’ll think twice before requesting from albums with less than three stars.
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

martino wrote:
Oh, boy ... I’m doomed. Some tracks from Simpsons were queued by me Embarassed I promise I’ll think twice before requesting from albums with less than three stars.

Don't worry about it, martino. There has always been this split between those who think anything vocal should not be here, and those who agree with the current (admittedly somewhat wavery) line of "as long as it is truly part of the film/tv show etc".
The vote was pretty even on Yes/No anyway.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: