StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Big Fish. Minor spoilers....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:52 pm   Post subject: Big Fish. Minor spoilers.... Reply with quote

Okay, So I went to go see this on the 9th. And I must say, I was pleased. I think this is Tim Burtons best work... Nothing was too over the top, and everything fit. Every stroy tied in great with the main story. Some scenes freaked me out, like The TOWN of SPECTRA. (You'll see what I mean.) Anyways I loved this movie, it really hit a soft spot in my black heart. I left the theatre and I just felt happy, about everything... thats odd for me.

Anyways, it has some cus words and some nude bottoms so its up to you to take your kids... some scenes may scare them while others might make them laugh. Either way they will like it, at least some day.

Over all it was a very imaginative, and entertaing story that warms the soul. I recomend that you at least see this on dvd or video if you can't get to the cinema. For those who are dads and those who hardly know their dads, this is a perfect film.
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great movie. It's too bad it only got one Oscar nod, because it deserved at least ten nominations. I can't wait for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in 2005!
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: Big Fish Reply with quote

Yes, it was a great shame that Big Fish didn't get an Oscar nod... although it probably just narrowly missed being nominated for best picture.

Anyhow, it raises a great point... that for all of us, as we get older, our stories tend to take on lives of their own... and what matters in the end is not how accurate the stories are, but how interesting they are. Heck, that's what the movies are all about, so we should all understand... Wink
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:52 am   Post subject: Re: Big Fish Reply with quote

Hurr78 wrote:
Yes, it was a great shame that Big Fish didn't get an Oscar nod... although it probably just narrowly missed being nominated for best picture.

Good thing it didnt got any. IIRC Danny Elfman was not present.

BTW very funny to watch the oscars on tv when being on holiday in New Zealand :-)
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I envy you cal. For the first time Smile Razz
Haurk
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4340

Haurk is offline View user's profile Send private message Haurk's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I was able to see this movie (it came up on cinemas here in sweden a week ago)

And damn it was great... It's really one of thoose few films that make you happy, no matter how you felt when you step into the cinema you'll be happy and have a smile on your face when you leave.

The story is about a mans death, one of the most tragial things that can happen, but is transformed to a story of joy with Tim Burtons great imagination and storytelling.

I can't do anything than agree with Legolas, this was truly a great movie.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the dvd! Its cheaply made but its still a great movie!!! Smile
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gr81 wrote:
I can't wait for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in 2005!

Is it being re-made? Or is this a little slice of irony that has flown completely over my head?
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No, willy wonka and the chocolate factory is what you are thinking of. CHARLIE is the sequel. Smile Johnny Depp will be in it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: